Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

Snow / Surface

Started by ThePumisher, Feb 03, 2018, 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Can any of you musical geniuses (maybe tom or ed if they are reading) made me the Snow/Surface mashup?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCFqfLrbUGc
no idea, no idea

It'll be pretty hard as the vocals are very different from the ones in the Actual Snow track than the ones in the Live.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Would love to hear this released. Maybe like a Live Versions album release with other unique mashups and renditions done in studio.

Someone put together a copy a long time ago for Krisper's wedding renewal ceremony cutting together parts from the Sydney 2011 bootleg and the studio versions, it was rough but sounded alright.

The Apple Music Fest 2015 recording is the next best thing - there's parts where the Snow vocals are sung over a very quiet instrumental and someone could isolate that and place it over the studio Surface to Air.
Never for money, always for love.

Yeah, that was probably me. I made a quick and really dirty (i.e. sloppy) edit. The cleanest vocals I could find back then were from the Moscow 2011 live set.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rky7rm

Maybe I should give it another go with those Apple vocals.. I've been wanting to get back into some "bedroom production" again for quite some time, maybe this is the right nudge :).
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 06, 2018, 13:09

Yeah, that was probably me. I made a quick and really dirty (i.e. sloppy) edit. The cleanest vocals I could find back then were from the Moscow 2011 live set.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/rky7rm

Maybe I should give it another go with those Apple vocals.. I've been wanting to get back into some "bedroom production" again for quite some time, maybe this is the right nudge :).

you totally should :D
PS Dl's Broken
Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:04 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I kinda made one when I made this video for my wife for our wedding.  Took the live version and edited in some of the album version to make it flow a little bit better.  Ignore the schmaltzy love story that unfolds, but what can I say, the Chems know how to tap into the heart like none other. 

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Jul 05, 2018, 14:53

I kinda made one when I made this video for my wife for our wedding.  Took the live version and edited in some of the album version to make it flow a little bit better.  Ignore the schmaltzy love story that unfolds, but what can I say, the Chems know how to tap into the heart like none other. 
Nice editing. Also Congratulations.

Sweet story too and not schmaltzy at all (hilarious you use the German schmaltzig word  ;D)!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: neorev on Feb 06, 2018, 21:36

Wish the Bros. would release this mix/mash up

Yes yes yes!

Surface to Air 2018

On a fresh 12 inch skyblue vinyl

I'm curled up in a ball about this if it ever happens

Sorry KDB but it looks like I found my new Zen worship mediation bliss! The first minute and a half is just blinding with energy and love and kittens (Russian Blue kind) and my favorite junk food all rolled up into one. Then when the lift off begins...I'm outta here.

Please tom and Ed! Release it to us forum folks only

Last Edit: Jul 10, 2018, 02:19 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 10, 2018, 02:06

Yes yes yes!

Surface to Air 2018
maybe tone down the distortion and it could work

Tom. Ed. if you are reading this, please grant our wishes

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 10, 2018, 02:06

Sorry KDB but it looks like I found my new Zen worship mediation bliss!
:o (but i understand you so this time you won't loose your head)
no idea, no idea

Is there anyway to get a friendly petition or something like that started that could possibly get like 2000 or so signatures that could possibly encourage Tom and Ed to do something like this and press this special mix to a studio version limited edition vinyl? 

I know that in the UK the people have done pretty amazing things like getting RATM and Green Day to Number 1 and having RATM play a free show.  How could we, as the Chemical Community, get something like this off the ground?  Who do we need to contact? What do you think it would take?

It needs some sort of Social Media buzz to get trending and off the ground. Anyone know how to do something like this? Pretty sure there are 2000 people out there that would buy this in a heartbeat. 

That'd be über-awesome! In fact, I'd like all three versions. The "classic" one with Further-Snow at the beginning. The majestic Apple celestial version (my favorite, I call it the Snow Surface Escape Velocity suite because it features the best Velocity version as well) in proper volume and the new mean version (which I first thought didn't do it justice but I was so wrong!!).
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 10, 2018, 21:03

That'd be über-awesome! In fact, I'd like all three versions. The "classic" one with Further-Snow at the beginning. The majestic Apple celestial version (my favorite, I call it the Snow Surface Escape Velocity suite because it features the best Velocity version as well) in proper volume and the new mean version (which I first thought didn't do it justice but I was so wrong!!).

The majestic Apple celestial version is the one that I used in my wedding video. Kinda soul crushing in the loveliest way.

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Jul 10, 2018, 21:03

Is there anyway to get a friendly petition or something like that started that could possibly get like 2000 or so signatures that could possibly encourage Tom and Ed to do something like this and press this special mix to a studio version limited edition vinyl? 

I know that in the UK the people have done pretty amazing things like getting RATM and Green Day to Number 1 and having RATM play a free show.  How could we, as the Chemical Community, get something like this off the ground?  Who do we need to contact? What do you think it would take?

It needs some sort of Social Media buzz to get trending and off the ground. Anyone know how to do something like this? Pretty sure there are 2000 people out there that would buy this in a heartbeat.
Somebody please make this happen :D

Theres the chemical brothers Facebook group to spread the news over there!

I'm optimistic as the next person, but the chems are not the 'ask and you shall receive' type!

I'm not sure if 464 forum members will be enough, but if you can spread the word on social media platforms, we might be able to pull it off.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 10, 2018, 23:45

I'm optimistic as the next person, but the chems are not the 'ask and you shall receive' type!
We must threaten them with the Eve Of Destruction, or pour them some scALE.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Jul 05, 2018, 14:53

I kinda made one when I made this video for my wife for our wedding.

Part wedding video... part Karaoke  ;D
Damn that made me get feels! Well done on the storytelling and editing. And you saved cash by not letting some professional do it! Congrats to you shotglass and your loved one. Hopefully we'll meet up at future chem show with the rest of the forum family!  :)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 10, 2018, 16:37

:o (but i understand you so this time you won't loose your head)

Thank you Mr.Executioner

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 11, 2018, 08:55

We must threaten them with the Eve Of Destruction, or pour them some scALE.

But we have no choice General Pumisher! Our forumites can't repel firepower of that magnitude!