For That Beautiful Feeling

Live 2018 expectations

Started by Explud, Feb 05, 2018, 20:20

Previous topic - Next topic
quite agree that the 2015-2016 tour was less powerful except GO &, the return of Glint & the apple event version of escape velocity. The drone sounds was something really really magic with the build up !

Like Ben_j i would love to see come back burst generator, come with us & ebw6. But also We are the night & it began in afrika. I was recently listen to the 2002 open air field set, the power of this song is quite something (especially the intro, wich is an incredible level of sound design and " shake your body to get your head in the zone" )

Don't want to hear ELM ritual, i don't like this track  :-[.

Whatever i'm sure it will be good. But as good as the 2007-2011 era wich for me was the best (particulary the november 2007 set at the zenith !)

Quote from: androidgeoff on Feb 18, 2018, 22:09
Salmon Dance live

Hey Tom! Play Sammy!
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I don't have a setlist but I'd love to see Eve Of Destruction as an opener or at least the song performed with the giant tin robots singing it on stage  ;)

or maybe C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L into Burst Generator as an opener!!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Feb 21, 2018, 18:54

or maybe C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L into Burst Generator as an opener!!

Damn that's pretty good! You have my vote!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Just had a thought. A mash up of It began in Afrika with Direct Buki would sound cool. Both kind of chanting tribal like.

I'm up for a lot of new stuff TBH and some old stuff that may not have appeared live yet or reworked again. Its fun and a nice tribute when they keep something familiar yet different too. Like how they keep remixing some staple songs throughout the years.

Haven't experienced EML ritual or I"ll see you there live so wouldn't complain if they stayed. I"ll see you there with the reel would be nice.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: kosek on Feb 21, 2018, 17:16

Hey Tom! Play Sammy!
Somehow i would like to see/hear that.
no idea, no idea

Need to drag out the old "play the fucking salmon dance" story
Never for money, always for love.

direct buki, yeah ! it sould be live !

Just Bang should replace UTI, but replace the Just Bang vocal with UTI vocal
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be realistic, i think the setlist will be something like this:

1. Another World.
2. Do it again.
3. Go.
3. New track.
4. Chemical Beats.
5. Swoon.
6. Temptation/Star Guitar.
7. New Track
8. Hey Boy Hey Girl.
9. EML Ritual.
10. Some EBW segue with Out of Control/Setting Sun.
11. Saturate.
12. Believe.
-- Nord modular classic arp fill
13. New track.
14. Escape Velocity
15. Under The Influence (yeah, George and Mildred)
16. Galvanize
17. Leave Home/Song to The Siren/C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L
18. Block Rockin Beats
-- Encore
19. No!
Hi Kevin!

Is this real or fake?

Thought it looked reminiscent of the Goblin from Midnight Madness at first. But the title says it's motion capture for Go for the live tour.

Last Edit: Apr 15, 2018, 10:33 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Cool! Looking forward to where they're going with this. And good to know that Go is likely to be still in the sets since I fricking love its explosive synth-outro.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Led screen in front of your stage equipment, please.
In 2002 it was a cool addition for your live stage (i know it was a screen projectors that time).

Hi Kevin!

That would be great.

We won't get it this year, but I'd love to see a scaled down smaller light show, that's less expensive to book and fly around the world, that they could take on a club tour. Or theater tour like back in 2007. I just don't see how they can outdo their spectacle again, and you know, I'd love to see them in a smaller setting!

Not sure a club tour would make sense. At a feels-like-low estimate of $75k to book the band, a venue like the House of Blues would have to charge $70 a ticket - at least - to make a profit. But another theater tour, in venues with 2-3 times the capacity (even if they have to be seated venues) could absolutely work, at a $40-$60 price tag per ticket.
Never for money, always for love.

I just had a dream, where I was at the first Chems show of the tour, and it went like this :
Tomorrow never knows starts, as usual, but throughout the track, musicians start coming on the stage with instruments : drums, guitars, bass, keyboards, etc. Then Tom and Ed come on stage and Hey Boy Hey Girl starts, as usual, but the real instruments play some parts of the track. Then I woke up :(

My expectations for this tour would be more "negative", like PLEASE stop playing tracks that we've been hearing over and over tour after tour and haven't evolved that much.
That includes : Galvanize (done with it!), Out of Control, Setting Sun, Do It Again, Star Guitar, Under the Influence (ok the robots were tremendous but one tour suffices), Swoon.

Other than this : they could bring back some song they haven't played for along, like Come With Us (could be a great opener), Elektrobank (the full version of it), The Test, It Began in Afrika, We Are the Night, Piku/Playground for a Wedgeless Firm, EBW 6, Get Up on it like This, Flashback, Burst Generator...

Also, please do NOT open with HBHG! Great track and always a pleasure to hear but opening a show with a fade in of HBHG's intro sounds a bit poor and like a lazy effort to me. Horse Power could also be a great opener I think.

I also would like to hear Believe played directly after Saturate again, I think both go pretty well with each other.

The only tracks from BITE (désolé) that are needed are I'll See You There, Direct Buki and maybe Reflection. Any other track from that album is unnecessary.

Some tracks from Hanna would be  nice too, at least as fillers, like Hanna vs Marissa (could fit well after Escape Velocity or The Sunshine Underground) or The Devil is in the Beats (between Leave Home and Block Rockin' Beats for example).

Keen on hearing the new stuff though.