1-2-3-4-5-6 Base!

Live 2018 expectations

Started by Explud, Feb 05, 2018, 20:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: The Bloke on Jun 04, 2018, 13:31

My expectations for this tour would be more "negative", like PLEASE stop playing tracks that we've been hearing over and over tour after tour and haven't evolved that much.
That includes : Galvanize (done with it!), Out of Control, Setting Sun, Do It Again, Star Guitar, Under the Influence (ok the robots were tremendous but one tour suffices), Swoon.

Other than this : they could bring back some song they haven't played for along, like Come With Us (could be a great opener), Elektrobank (the full version of it), The Test, It Began in Afrika, We Are the Night, Piku/Playground for a Wedgeless Firm, EBW 6, Get Up on it like This, Flashback, Burst Generator...

Also, please do NOT open with HBHG! Great track and always a pleasure to hear but opening a show with a fade in of HBHG's intro sounds a bit poor and like a lazy effort to me. Horse Power could also be a great opener I think.

I also would like to hear Believe played directly after Saturate again, I think both go pretty well with each other.

The only tracks from BITE (désolé) that are needed are I'll See You There, Direct Buki and maybe Reflection. Any other track from that album is unnecessary.

Some tracks from Hanna would be  nice too, at least as fillers, like Hanna vs Marissa (could fit well after Escape Velocity or The Sunshine Underground) or The Devil is in the Beats (between Leave Home and Block Rockin' Beats for example).

Keen on hearing the new stuff though.

I agree with you to the extent that they could mix it up a little and take on new roads in their tracklist. I personally am not yet weary of HBHG, although I think it's also great somewhere else in their sets. The version they played at the iTunes festival where they mixed it with EML Ritual was effing crazy good. That's a BITE track I'd really like them to keep, its energy is just perfect. Talking of BITE, have you heard Wide Open live yet? Damn, they need to make this a regular for this tour along with Hold Tight London!
I would also love if they could play the iTunes festival versions of Snow/Surface and Escape Velocity again, those two are breathtaking, goosebump inducing live edits - the best of their previous tour in my opinion. So playful, so different, so Chemical.

Apart from that, I wonder how they're going to use George and Mildred this time. Hopefully not just for a quick segue. They put so much effort into these two giant beauties they need to be showcased a tad longer onstage.

Quote from: Explud on Apr 23, 2018, 22:25

Led screen in front of your stage equipment, please.
In 2002 it was a cool addition for your live stage (i know it was a screen projectors that time).
Haha, yeah, that was so cool back then, wasn't it? First time I saw that was on their singles 93-03 DVD coz youtube was still a mere twinkle in somebody's eyes. Can you believe that?
Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018, 09:49 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

So what's up with this ::)

Promo teaser! EBW 12 is coming up shortly I guess.
Last Edit: Jun 05, 2018, 15:45 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: The Bloke on Jun 04, 2018, 13:31

My expectations for this tour would be more "negative", like PLEASE stop playing tracks that we've been hearing over and over tour after tour and haven't evolved that much.
That includes : Galvanize (done with it!), Out of Control, Setting Sun, Do It Again, Star Guitar, Under the Influence (ok the robots were tremendous but one tour suffices), Swoon.

Other than this : they could bring back some song they haven't played for along, like Come With Us (could be a great opener), Elektrobank (the full version of it), The Test, It Began in Afrika, We Are the Night, Piku/Playground for a Wedgeless Firm, EBW 6, Get Up on it like This, Flashback, Burst Generator...

Also, please do NOT open with HBHG! Great track and always a pleasure to hear but opening a show with a fade in of HBHG's intro sounds a bit poor and like a lazy effort to me. Horse Power could also be a great opener I think.

I also would like to hear Believe played directly after Saturate again, I think both go pretty well with each other.

The only tracks from BITE (désolé) that are needed are I'll See You There, Direct Buki and maybe Reflection. Any other track from that album is unnecessary.

Some tracks from Hanna would be  nice too, at least as fillers, like Hanna vs Marissa (could fit well after Escape Velocity or The Sunshine Underground) or The Devil is in the Beats (between Leave Home and Block Rockin' Beats for example).

Keen on hearing the new stuff though.

Quite agree on this :)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 05, 2018, 14:47

Promo teaser! EBW 12 is coming up shortly I guess.
Looks like something they can integrate on their live shows

robot and his two legs say that Under The Influence is on the list
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jun 10, 2018, 21:19

Holy moly! A Chems Vlog! :D I'm in awe of that sight  :o.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jun 10, 2018, 21:19

I <3 UTI
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

It can be used for an another track, why not?
Hi Kevin!

Last Edit: Jun 24, 2018, 12:32 by UltimatePelmeni
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jun 24, 2018, 01:24

Looks like UTI acid rythm is back

And EML is here

Nice! Makes much more sense to have the robots with UTI. Anyone knows the setlist?

They used that arpeggio, or wtv it is called, from piku playground on UTI:

I hope they keep that part on piku playground, it sounded awesome on the Luxemburg gig from the video:

Quote from: Skylined21 on Jun 25, 2018, 01:32

I hope they keep that part on piku playground, it sounded awesome on the Luxemburg gig from the video:

I asked someone on instagram that attended the gig, and he said that they played piku playground, but "they mixed it very differently" comparing to the luxemburg gig.

We will be watching these setlist changes with great interest
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Skylined21 on Jun 25, 2018, 01:32

I really like that electronic percussion they've got running over the top of under the influence now and from that piku playground arpeggio clip I noticed they used and old snare loop they use when do It doesn't Matter that sounds like a helicopter. They're really dropping anything in which is interesting.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

is there gonna be a 2019 expectations thread?

No Geography Tour 2019!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

So I can change this back to live 2018 expectations then.
— Aurora (The Seed)