And It Feels Like I'm Dreaming

Announcement Speculations

Started by Enjoyed, Feb 15, 2018, 18:35

Previous topic - Next topic
We know it's coming. We just don't know how or when.

Or do we... ?

Based on previous releases, and the state of the industry these days, what do you think we can expect in terms of a release schedule? Will we get an EBW before hand? Or will it be more of an obligatory release like EBW11? I'm sure we'll get the Radio 1 premiere (I definitely hope so, those are always so much fun to be around for) but how early before the album?
1 single then album? 2 singles then an album?
What time of year?
You guys are all way more clever than me when it comes to putting the pieces together. I don't know what time of year all the previous albums were released but I remember BITE was a summer album. Which, if this was to follow suit, should mean they'll be ready to announce in a month or so? It seems the build up time has dropped significantly since the early days, which is a shame. But I guess it also means when it does come we wont have long to wait.

I dunno. My speculation (and hope) would be for some kind of announcement in March/April with the Radio 1 premiere in the latter. The first show isn't until June though... would they wait until after that to start sharing stuff? Or, like BITE, have some of it available but save other parts to be heard for the first time at the live show, before another summer release?

Is anyone keeping their eyes peeled for PRS and PPR registrations? That always struck me as an ingenious way to find things out.

I'm just very excited is all. And I'm grabbing in the dark for answers.
I'd compare it to waiting for the Glastonbury line up announcements, and doing multiple searches on when they were released in previous years, and looking at rumours, and my favourite bands' tour schedules so far - to see if they have gaps.

GIMME DEM CHEMICALS
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Who knows, mate.
Maybe the new album will not to be released in this year, just remember 2004 tour.
Hi Kevin!

Well there is this brief interview from a week ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05xnlz7

interesting tidbits:

Tom would like to use the giant satellite dish with their visuals at Bluedot Festival

Tom is still in studio (working on the new album).

It sounds like the goal is to at least have a single out before the tour.
Last Edit: Feb 15, 2018, 23:52 by Bosco

Could or would they do a double album?

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 15, 2018, 18:35

We know it's coming. We just don't know how or when.

Or do we... ?

Based on previous releases, and the state of the industry these days, what do you think we can expect in terms of a release schedule?
What time of year?

Well we had 3 album releases in june and 2 in july. If we dont hear a new single by april, than i'm gonna say for a fall release, but I doubt that. the tour starts in june so what better way to start gigging with a new album out.

more predictions:

at least the album cover will not be black and white! maybe some blue colored art or something.

i think maybe 11 tracks total (12 for japan)

4 guest appearances on the album (no rappers)

2 vinyl versions...one black and one the same color as the album art.

2 videos from 2 of the tracks

maybe a social media contest, where you win concert tickets or merch

one bbc interview and one bbc exclusive single release (separate dates)

one giant whirly review

thats all i got

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 16, 2018, 02:26

Weirdly I would not be into that. A double live album I'd love, but I've never heard a double studio album I was really happy with. Too much music to digest at once I feel like. And would take a TON of material to justify two CDs... at least 20 minutes longer than their longest album. Recently it seems like the Chems are opting for brevity.

I'd love a solid EP release sometime. Really love the statement you can make with 3-5 songs that pair well. Or singles again, but I guess B-sides are dead, long live bonus tracks.

I think a fall release is likely.

> A single release or two ahead of the festival shows, promotes the shows and upcoming albums
> Summer festival shows from June-August build more hype for the album release, help get The Chems back on everyone's minds too
> Album releases in the middle or at the end of the festival tour to much acclaim
> Non-festival world tour starts in fall 2017, with an updated setlist from the festival tour and encores at most shows
> Touring carries on into 2018 and ends in the spring
Never for money, always for love.

judging from the tidbits above (too many to cover)
I would say that they might pull a 2004 but release Eps every 4 months or so until at most early 2019
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I'm just very excited is all.
Mr Enjoyed, you're sounding very American.

Quote from: Explud on Feb 15, 2018, 22:37

Who knows, mate.
Mr Explud, you're sounding very British.

Is anyone keeping their eyes peeled for PRS and PPR registrations? That always struck me as an ingenious way to find things out.
Would we need to have some sort of login/access to certain professional sites for that sort of stuff? As a 'released' musician, are you the man with such access Mr Enjoyed?

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 15, 2018, 23:13

Well there is this brief interview from a week ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p05xnlz7
Good spot. Sounds like Tom was on a crappy mobile phone; I can hardly hear him.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 15, 2018, 23:13

Tom is still in studio (working on the new album).
I must admit I was a little taken aback by how far the album apparently hasn't come.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 16, 2018, 02:26

Sounds like they're struggling to do a single one at the moment.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 16, 2018, 06:05

I've never heard a double studio album I was really happy with.
Fair point, but I can think of one or two:
Prince: Sign o' The Times
Nick Cave: Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus
Arcade Fire: Reflektor
Springsteen: The River
Led Zep: Physical Graffiti

> Non-festival world tour starts in fall 2017, with an updated setlist from the festival tour and encores at most shows
> Touring carries on into 2018 and ends in the spring
2018 and 2019? I was thinking the tour might go even longer than that. If the album doesn't come out til late 2018 they may want to continue to plug it through 2019. BITE touring lasted, what 16, 17 months (albeit with gaps)?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 16, 2018, 09:59

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
no idea, no idea

2018 and 2019? I was thinking the tour might go even longer than that. If the album doesn't come out til late 2018 they may want to continue to plug it through 2019. BITE touring lasted, what 16, 17 months (albeit with gaps)?
I only write the last year on things in February, not January, weirdly enough.
Never for money, always for love.

Sounds like they're struggling to do a single one at the moment.

True, I just figured it would be an idea that would keep things "fresh" for them.

I must admit I was a little taken aback by how far the album apparently hasn't come.

Same. Though listening to it also relieved me a little as he definitely sounds committed to getting stuff finished. Certainly not at all put off by the lack of things coming together quickly, which I think bodes extremely well for us hearing something truly delicious this year.

It does sound like things are a little further off than I had hoped. That's definitely a shame.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Feb 16, 2018, 08:43

judging from the tidbits above (too many to cover)
I would say that they might pull a 2004 but release Eps every 4 months or so until at most early 2019

I can't see this happening at all. As nice as an EP would be, Tom sounded set on the album and that long form expression. I think another C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L type release could be a self-enforced, label backed plan to hold people over until the album is finished. The more traditional club sound that we've heard in these new songs feeds into that as well I think. A release for the DJs, that also fills some radio air time and keeps the fans happy.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 16, 2018, 10:49

Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile

Styx - Gold Collection

If the brothers do say this album is the last, A double Best ofs Album doesnt seem far fetched.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

If this helps the puzzle, they will tour Australia Summer 2019 since tour announcements are already made for you guys this year and thats when they usually come. They skipped us for the BITE tour so hopefully and likely this time around with another new album and and a newer evolved show. (usually Feb - March by themselves) or January if festival but the festivals these days are quite small unless they hold off til later and go to a big one interstate that is usually on.

I hope they blow everyone out of the water with this as in this climate its hard give a new release attention that it deserves.
Last Edit: Feb 23, 2018, 11:01 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 18, 2018, 02:26

Same. Though listening to it also relieved me a little as he definitely sounds committed to getting stuff finished. Certainly not at all put off by the lack of things coming together quickly, which I think bodes extremely well for us hearing something truly delicious this year.
Opposite for me I'm afraid. I fear it could be a rush job in order to have an album ready in time for the autumn (when non-festival dates loom). Rush job may = bad album. It might also be a distraction from creating an exciting new live show.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Feb 18, 2018, 08:24

Styx - Gold Collection
Ah but we're discussing studio double albums, not compilations/collections.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Feb 18, 2018, 08:24

If the brothers do say this album is the last...
Who said anything about that? That type of speculation gets made here about a year after they've relased an album, not beforehand. You'll get to know how it works here after a while... ;)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

One thing that we can take off the list of speculations: with the short teaser they posted today, EML Ritual is most likely going to stay in the setlist. Which is not a bad thing, the song is great live  ;D

Quote from: Stefan on Feb 18, 2018, 15:44

One thing that we can take off the list of speculations: with the short teaser they posted today, EML Ritual is most likely going to stay in the setlist. Which is not a bad thing, the song is great live  ;D
They'd better not drop this. It's a killer.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

For America, I assume New York, North Coast in Chicago, 1 standalone show in CA, dunno if they will be there in time for HardFest. They seem to like that production crew or whatever, since I think they run all of their US shows aside from the standalone CA one?

August album release possibly?
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Stefan on Feb 18, 2018, 15:44

One thing that we can take off the list of speculations: with the short teaser they posted today, EML Ritual is most likely going to stay in the setlist. Which is not a bad thing,  ;D

i have no prob with eml playing bg in that vid! Its just that everytime you hype a new tour vid, it should be accompanied with a new track that we havent heard yet. It seems they're not ready to put out the fresh material or not even a single. Album might come out after summer maybe.

Quote from: androidgeoff on Feb 18, 2018, 22:32

For America, I assume New York, North Coast in Chicago, 1 standalone show in CA, dunno if they will be there in time for HardFest. They seem to like that production crew or whatever, since I think they run all of their US shows aside from the standalone CA one?

August album release possibly?

im leaning toward this or a fall release, and i'm not sure if they're even gonna come to the US this year.

HARD fest is on Aug 4+5, but Chems play Spain on July 27 and England on Aug 11, so a small gap for them to play is cutting it close.

EDIT: looking a chems tour on home site.....theyre doing june,july,august,and october, but september is wide open! (cue Beck)
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Here's hoping for US dates in September

(this post has been accidentally edited by Enjoyed and thus does not accurately reflect the views of androidgeoff®)

(my actual views are that Enjoyed is a big donut)
Last Edit: Jun 16, 2018, 20:48 by androidgeoff
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!