Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 16, 2018, 09:59

Prince: Sign o' The Times
Nick Cave: Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus
Arcade Fire: Reflektor
Springsteen: The River
Led Zep: Physical Graffiti

THE CLASH - LONDON CALLING

Come on people.  All Killer, NO filler. 

Well for what my opinion is worth, I think everything is pointing towards an album in 2019. Hopefully we'll get an EP to coincide with the arena gigs. Would be nice for them to return to their roots and give us a standalone ep. If think the fact that the UK shows are not in December is very telling that their tour plans for this year is brief.

Any how i look forward to the ally pally show, ticket and hotel already booked. Hopefully get to some more arena show this year.
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Sneaker on Feb 21, 2018, 17:51

I think everything is pointing towards an album in 2019. Hopefully we'll get an EP to coincide with the arena gigs. Would be nice for them to return to their roots and give us a standalone ep.

Wouldn't mind getting an EP to hold me down till a proper release. Screw it! Just do Chems!

And if they're not coming to U.S. then I'm gonna have to find a way to get to a show.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Maybe there's a collaboration with Aurora, Tom recently liked a couple of postings from her on Instagram
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 13, 2018, 08:59

Maybe there's a collaboration with Aurora, Tom recently liked a couple of postings from her on Instagram
Who's the female vocalist on Eve of Destruction, could it be her?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 15, 2018, 09:42

More to add to the Chems/Aurora link. On an Aurora fan forum, they talked about an interview where she says she worked with one of the Chemical Brothers. It's in Norwegian though.

https://radio.nrk.no/serie/tett-paa-norske-artister/MYNF51000517/03-07-2017

She says "Chemical Brothers" shortly after 3mn30. No idea what she says about them though.

Following on from the above comment in the 2018 Live Dates thread, please see a tweet below. Assuming this Aurora fan knows her/his shit, and hasn't just assumed it's Aurora after talking to a certain Chems fan, then this would appear to confirm it is her. In fact the image behind the Chems at around 1.57 (and in the tweet) appears to actually be Aurora. And the video in the tweet? It's by a certain Chems fan from this forum.
Pumisher, you happy to go 50/50 with me in taking the credit for figuring out the Eve Of Destruction vocalist? (a bit of pre-brexit euro co-operation).

https://twitter.com/AURORA_source/status/1007928391616684032
(agh, the tweeter has an annoying Herb emoji in her name which means this doesn't embed)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Although I don't know Aurora (shame on me I guess, an education gap to fill), looking at her pic and the video I can safely say that it is that woman. Eyes, nose and hair match. It would make sense then to assume that it is she who's on vocals as well.

No secret is safe from you guys!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I've never heard of her before you guys started speculating either. I just listened to her biggest (in terms of pixels) video on her website though. It's good. Very Scandinavian, with more of a folk leaning than some other artists like Robyn etc. But also a lot of British melodies going on too. Laura Marling esque at times?

Her voice is definitely great, and I can see it working really nicely on top of some chemicals (I mean it already is in EoD).

I can't help but wish they'd somehow got in contact with Ingrid from Highasakite, though. Her voice would sound so delicious on a Chems record.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I need a Chems and Stormy Daniels collab called "Little Man"
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

After scrolling through her instagram, I would best describe Aurora as the real deal Luna Lovegood.

I'm not sure how they crossed paths with her, but she seems to have a pretty young and loyal fanbase...

Very nice voice though. Would be better utilized in a downtempo track, but we'll see..

Quote from: i0ne on Jun 18, 2018, 10:59

it is official now right?
https://twitter.com/AURORA_source/status/1008055159556108288
It's still a fan twitter account, but I think it's pretty safe to say it's her singing.

She seems to have a bunch of instagram/twitter fan/news accounts, one of them took my picture and stuck a big watermark on it. I commented, giving the source of the picture (the YT video) and saying if you're going to take my picture, don't put a big watermark on it, two minutes later the same instagram account posted a snippet of the YT video and deleted my comment ???

How did we miss this if they DJed this track earlier? is this recent or when they were on the DJ trail testing out the other tracks that are now on the live set? (Assuming thats T&E on the decks) I like what hear from that snippet. Kinda cool they are working with someone we don't know yet.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

What an uncool move. A simple, innocuous apology to and appreciation of its photographer (you) would have sufficed. But that would take some guts to own up to one's wrongdoing.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: MIKL on Jun 18, 2018, 12:37

How did we miss this if they DJed this track earlier? is this recent or when they were on the DJ trail testing out the other tracks that are now on the live set? (Assuming thats T&E on the decks) I like what hear from that snippet. Kinda cool they are working with someone we don't know yet.
What do you mean we missed it? They debuted the track (we think) at their OGR Torino DJ set last November. It was spotted at the time, in the DJ Set thread, then added to the New Tracks Recap thread. Most of the YT clips were removed by the record company though. By March of this year we were starting to (correctly) guess who the vocalist was, as per posts further up this page.
You can listen to five minutes of the track HERE which was ripped from a Youtube clip that's been taken down.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Jun 18, 2018, 12:43

What an uncool move. A simple, innocuous apology to and appreciation of its photographer (you) would have sufficed. But that would take some guts to own up to one's wrongdoing.

Yeah, I don't care them taking the photo, even without giving credit, but why watermarking it if it's not yours? Oh well ¯\_ツ_/¯

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 18, 2018, 12:46

What do you mean we missed it? They debuted the track (we think) at their OGR Torino DJ set last November. It was spotted at the time, in the DJ Set thread, then added to the New Tracks Recap thread. Most of the YT clips were removed by the record company though. By March of this year we were starting to (correctly) guess who the vocalist was, as per posts further up this page.
You can listen to five minutes of the track HERE which was ripped from a Youtube clip that's been taken down.

Thanks I remember it now. Probably because it was taken down I forget about it and had some large breaks in between the forum. I wasn't sure if it was a new one of the chems at the time as its quite different for them. Its quite simple and laid-back but when pieced altogether it gets a bit familiar.

I also thought something was wrong when I thought this was missed and alas this is why.
Last Edit: Jun 19, 2018, 10:32 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...