Ohm Sweet Ohm

Announcement Speculations

Started by Enjoyed, Feb 15, 2018, 18:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: nekoland on Jul 21, 2018, 14:16

In this interview: https://www.ilgiorno.it/milano/cultura/chemical-brothers-1.4036373 Ed says that the album is almost finished and it will be released by the end of the year.

sometimes I forget that the bros do these small interviews with the papers or reporters when they travel to other countries. gotta keep this in mind because there's tidbits of info thats missed and flies over our heads.

good find Neko! my faith has been restored!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I just remembered that I had yet another dream about The Chemical Brothers. This time an announcement for a festival in Chicago THIS YEAR.
The announcement, IIRC, talked about coming back to a favourite event of theirs. One that they had clearly attended a few times.

Something.
Is.
Coming.

I feel it in my bones.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

So the background pics now are:

King Spaniel (or whatever he's meant to be)
slightly spooked mask people
Free Yourself
Free Us
Free them
Help to free me
Free me
Dance

I think that's the lot. More than one of these tracks is coming out at once, isn't it.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Something has to come soon, I can only shitpost for so long.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 06, 2018, 22:49

So the background pics now are:

King Spaniel (or whatever he's meant to be)
slightly spooked mask people
Free Yourself
Free Us
Free them
Help to free me
Free me
Dance

I think that's the lot. More than one of these tracks is coming out at once, isn't it.
What Background pics? Of the forum? I only see Mad King Puppy or His Frightened Entourage

Quote from: Stefan on Aug 07, 2018, 18:29

What Background pics? Of the forum? I only see Mad King Puppy or His Frightened Entourage

I'm guessing "someone" was either trying things out or uploaded them by mistake. I'm sure the Chembase team knows more than I do.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

It was there. Now it's not. And I do not know anything.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

To add to more speculation...

Back when EBW 12 was initially teased in June, didn't Erol Alkan say something on Twitter to the effect of "been listening to this for a while"?  Now that we found out the release wasn't imminent, I wonder if he was asked to do a remix.

Electronic Battle Weapons were historically ALWAYS released on the first of June. I'm really surprised this one wasn't.

Unless it was, really really quietly. Just Tom and Ed sneaking 12"s out here and there. But I think we would have heard about it by now.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 11, 2018, 20:11

Back when EBW 12 was initially teased in June, didn't Erol Alkan say something on Twitter to the effect of "been listening to this for a while"?  Now that we found out the release wasn't imminent, I wonder if he was asked to do a remix.
Well he said this:
https://twitter.com/erolalkan/status/1003994491739467776

Not sure that suggests a remix. Every now and then I check Youtube and the twitter search bar for recent uploads of his DJ sets but can't find anything recent (apart from a minute or two here or there of something non-chemical).

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 11, 2018, 20:25

Electronic Battle Weapons were historically ALWAYS released on the first of June. I'm really surprised this one wasn't.

Unless it was, really really quietly. Just Tom and Ed sneaking 12"s out here and there. But I think we would have heard about it by now.
I searched EBW12 and Mad As Hell last night (and Free Yourself) on the twitter search bar (it throws up stuff that google doesn't). Usually someone, somewhere will tweet about unreleased music they're listening to, but all that comes up are live clips that we've already seen (many of them Ben J's Rockhal footage). There's no way it was released that quietly.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

With the anniversary of 'Come With Us' being today, I just remembered 'Surrender' is turning 20 later this year.

Any chance of some sort of special release even with the new album on the way? I know we got vinyl re-pressings of the entire discography a couple of years ago, but you know I always like to speculate and push this type of thing!

Happy birthday "Come with Us"! :music
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

NG Countdown?
I don't know how reliable this information can be, but some news is good news.

http://releases.funkysouls.com/release/20709

https://dark-metal.ru/unformat/10-the-chemical-brothers-no-geography-2019.html
You are all my children now!

Yeah, that's the date the UK gets back into the EU.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 29, 2019, 20:16

Yeah, that's the date the UK gets back into the EU.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning