Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Discussions on difficult subjects

• Freak Of The Week
  • Got Glint is not Encore material!
Yesterday was a mega shit day. My Grandpa (mamasuper's father) has finally passed away after being bedridden for 3 days, he had cancer and recently discovered shingles on his back. He didn't go down without a fight (he's always been a fighter, especially in service during the Korean War) but sadly after a 3 year battle, he couldn't no more.
The last time I talked to him was over the phone the night before, he couldn't even speak but all I got was an enthusiastic "Hmmm-mmmm" when he heard me and my sister over the phone. I wanted to come to support him but my mom insisted I stayed behind. He's with grandma now, and hopefully finally at peace.
God speed, grandpa! I miss you.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

• Giant
  • trying
sorry Conn6or, never easy to lose a loved one. I hope you and your Mom can find solace that he won't suffer anymore.

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
Oh Connor, I am so sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences. A little surprising, though, that your Mom didn't let you go see him.
May he be at peace and in beautiful place.
Let your heart see the colors all around you
And the darkness that you fear will disappear

• Freak Of The Week
  • Got Glint is not Encore material!
Oh Connor, I am so sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences. A little surprising, though, that your Mom didn't let you go see him.
May he be at peace and in beautiful place.

Mom told me he was in extremely poor shape since the last time we saw him 4 weeks ago (he lost much more weight and his nostrils were starting to tear so he was wearing a bandaid when we saw him). She didn't want us to be heartbroken at the sight of him, and to remember him the way he looked when we last saw him.
I still wanted to go though to support him.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

• Galvanizer
My condolences to you and your family Connor. :(

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!