Don't Think Just Let It Flow

Discussions on difficult subjects

Started by Enjoyed, Mar 09, 2018, 23:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Only in 2018 America can the act of counting every vote be denounced as 'voter fraud' by the incumbent conservative party and their propoganda based media outlets.

Freedom to vote (and have it be counted) is literally what is supposed to define our nation. Yet, there are those in power that would take it away, and others with no power that will freely give it or stay silent as their brothers and sisters lose it.

Every day the bar falls lower.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: whirlygirl on Nov 10, 2018, 00:11

The irony of calling trusted news sources 'fake news' while passing around doctored video as fact (and justification for barring a member of our free press from the White House) would be amusing if it weren't so Orwellian.

I've kept quiet in this thread (otherwise my fingers would fall off from ranting and raving) but I value our free press, it is crucial to the fabric of my country no matter how impassioned or even biased it can be. But this shit scares me.

https://wokesloth.com/white-house-caught-using-doctored-video-acosta-cnn/jake/

I saw that Rafael Shiminov tweet (the last embedded one in the article) on the day he tweeted it and I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.
1) What is Sarah Sanders doing retweeting anything from infowars/Paul Joseph Watson? That's insane!
2) If North Korea or Russian officials had tweeted out this doctored footage, those of us in the west would be laughing at their fake propaganda.

I'm not American but I agree Whirly, this shit scares me too. "The West" is meant to be about freedom of speech. With great power (& freedom) comes great responsibility. The current White House regime does the supposedly "free world" nothing but harm by abusing and debasing that responsibility.
If anyone on Obama's staff had done this, surely there would have been calls for a formal apology and perhaps a resignation from the staff member. This behavour must not be accepted. But Trump defends her saying the footage hasn't actually been doctored.
She MUST be sacked. Otherwise a dangerous precedent is set not just in America but for everywhere that believes in democracy and freedom of speech, and truth. I have no ability to to influence American politics. But American politics does influence the world.
This has to stop. Now.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I almost got hacked just now. I went onto my xbox to download the recent BO4 update and found out someone else is currently on my account. I went onto my email and saw that 10 other sites (thankfully not here nor facebook) reported multiple login attempts.
I got onto my xbox and changed my info but now I feel stupid because someone elses Phone number was on my account, I should've taken a screenshot and reported it to the police but I deleted it from my info without any thought.

I wanna give you all a heads up If I post anything out of the ordinary that doesnt seem me, everything I said above may be linked.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I wonder if we've been too keen to have a pop at Trump here in the past, and forgotten to point out what a meddling arse Putin is...

https://twitter.com/guyverhofstadt/status/1098936801690116096

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1097075307574714368
[EDIT: Damn this tweet from Carole didn't embed because: emojis, but she's really interesting re Trump/Putin/Brexit. Worth a follow if you're on twitter]

Aaron Banks funded UKIP, Nigel Farage's pro-Brexit party leading up to the 2016 referendum. Where does Banks get his dough from? Rumour has it that it's Putin. STRONG rumour.
So Putin seems to be linked to Trump, Brexit and right wing populists in Italy (with a view to weakening the EU. Again)
But alas it didn't take us long to get back to America, because: Mueller/Trump. Sorry about that.

And, on a slightly different tack, here's Trump's favourite news network not enjoying truth at the end of this interview as much as at the beginning. Everyone seen this? It's worth it.

https://twitter.com/rcbregman/status/1098283273120350211

Can we just throw Putin, Trump, Fox News, North Korea's Kim, and worldwide populist neo-nazis into a big blender and then pour the resultant mulch down into hell via a volcano or something?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

NSFW Warning, Strong Language
Spoiler
My fucking EBay Account was hacked 3 days ago, and I got suspended for suspicious listings when I haven't been on Ebay in 2 weeks, Imma have to call the company tomorrow morning and get it unsuspended. Hopefully they will reveal the address of the fucker who hacked my account because I've been saving for an item all year.

all Im thankful for is that I didn't save any personal data on that account, no bank details or nothing. but I swear to god if I find the bastard who got my account, all those savings will have to go towards bail.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

And this just happened on the eve of No Geography being released.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=stTMt1tLT4g&fbclid=IwAR2fI77Yzc9OFsx1uNJFS0seV03Sm4nVeP5xqFlb_xMvf32psj6y7V4K1ZY

Wikileaks posted the video 10 min ago.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Apr 11, 2019, 11:36
And this just happened
Terrible situations are happening in Latin America (especially in Venezuela, Brazil and Argentina). Julian Assange was betrayed and handed over by Lenín Moreno, the president of Ecuador, infringing the commitment not to extradite Assange to the USA. The life of who disclosed ten millions documents proving the international conspiracy and espionage of the yankee imperialism is at risk.
You are all my children now!

Quote from: SouthernBrother on Apr 12, 2019, 03:19

Terrible situations are happening in Latin America (especially in Venezuela, Brazil and Argentina). Julian Assange was betrayed and handed over by Lenín Moreno, the president of Ecuador, infringing the commitment not to extradite Assange to the USA. The life of who disclosed ten millions documents proving the international conspiracy and espionage of the yankee imperialism is at risk.

it will be interesting to see how this plays out in court as it will display to the world how 'free' we really are/n't but I guess if you had a conscious most people know we aren't. His lawyer has been interviewed in Australia on TV a couple of times now and she presents herself well even with with the bullying tactics of a TV Breakfast Show Host. (As you'd expect if Julian had a lawyer). She even says whether he should be charged at all for simply telling the truth of what actually happened and on top of the some reputable media institutions have been using this information and spreading it further.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Apr 12, 2019, 09:02
it will be interesting to see how this plays out in court
We can't place false expectations in a Justice that wants to torture and impose capital punishment to a person (whoever that be). In this global political and economical regime we aren't allowed to be free at all. Thanks for sharing the information yesterday morning.
You are all my children now!

Notre-Dame cathederal,Paris oh no. My condolences Paris, and indeed the world. This is such a world famous landmark.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Seeing Notre Dame in flames makes me sad. Such a beautiful church.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 15, 2019, 18:09

Seeing Notre Dame in flames makes me sad. Such a beautiful church.
I'm heartbroken. I saw a big white smoke from my window wondering what it was, and then I saw this  :'(
It's one of my favourite monuments in Paris, such an imposing and beautiful building. It's hard to believe what is happening.
I just hope the damage will be mostly to the top of the structure.

Let's hope that nobody got hurt or will get hurt.
Here's a Twitter thread from a firefighter about the challenges the firefighters in Paris now face:
https://twitter.com/GreggFavre/status/1117847726786371585?s=09

This might only be a small consolation, but remember that old and big buildings like the Notre Dame have been built and rebuilt many times during their lifetime. I'm sure this won't be the end of this landmark.
Last Edit: Apr 15, 2019, 19:32 by Stefan

Hunchback of Notre Dame got a hold of MAH and is going through a destructive phase.

Seriously though, sad to see an historic and iconic structure in that state

WTF, just saw it on CNN. Hundreds of years of art and architecture going up in flames. Sad news.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Easily one the most beautiful structures in Europe.
Really heart breaking to see.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

What a shitty thing to wake up to.
From what I've gathered, main structure is ok, thank whomever.
I have no doubt it will be rebuilt to its former glory.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

All of the main structure (in stone) held. Most of the inside seems relatively unaffected, but they're saying it will take decades to build back

Prayers for Paris,I know they announced it will be rebuilt but it wont be the same.