If You Ever Change Your Mind About Leaving It All Behind..

Rockhal, Luxembourg 14/06/2018

Started by Ahiru, May 17, 2018, 14:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Jun 15, 2018, 10:42

But regarding changes and experimentation in terms of track selection, I can't really remember any tour since 2005 where this wasn't the case. They always changed bits and pieces throughout and refined their sets mostly during the second half of their tours which makes these extra special. Think of that apple gig in 2016 with its dramatic refits or 2005, where they even threw in Morning Lemon as a fan-request, or das Spiegel/ AMMC/ The Pills in 2007/2008.
It hasn't been the case since 2010!

The Apple gig in 2015 was the only setlist change all year, and it was a one-off. In 2016 after a few shows they put Hey Boy Hey Girl back as the intro instead of SIFSD and that was it, and in 2011 there was just two standard set lists, the one at the start of the year just missing Another World and using Galvanize as the intro instead of in the Leave Home mashup. And even though 2010 had the Further Showcase sets at the start of the year (which I desperately wish they'd carried on doing), when they changed to a more standard setlist absolutely nothing happened to it.

This would genuinely be the first time in ten years they've had an evolving setlist! Which is exciting and why I'm just a little skeptical!
Never for money, always for love.

Historically speaking, they usually only do a few new tracks for live shows before the album is released. Once it's out I'm sure it'll be much more different.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 15, 2018, 17:15

It hasn't been the case since 2010!

The Apple gig in 2015 was the only setlist change all year, and it was a one-off. In 2016 after a few shows they put Hey Boy Hey Girl back as the intro instead of SIFSD and that was it, and in 2011 there was just two standard set lists, the one at the start of the year just missing Another World and using Galvanize as the intro instead of in the Leave Home mashup. And even though 2010 had the Further Showcase sets at the start of the year (which I desperately wish they'd carried on doing), when they changed to a more standard setlist absolutely nothing happened to it.

This would genuinely be the first time in ten years they've had an evolving setlist! Which is exciting and why I'm just a little skeptical!
Perhaps not as much but they did. They added Wide Open and a new version of Got Glint and  Temptation/SG in 2016, I think the Reel/Devil (v1) version appeared in 2011 (v2 2016) as well as Snow Surface, Superflash, Don't Think... There were a few additions, I'd say. But maybe my statement was a bit misleading. I was rather trying to aim at how they arrange sets in terms of effects, segues (tuba guy) and little additions that make almost all of them unique. From my experience they get more playful and shuffle things around (to some degree) usually towards the tours' end.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Here is a longer live version of 'Free Yourself' (audio only) from Luxembourg.
I already love this song!!
::)

Spoiler

I hope they change the robots part a bit, i watched some more videos and i'm sticking with the same idea as i said before, it lacks the impact it had with UTI. I loved the acid test vocal and then that acid drop, and it felt that the robots were there for a reason, now it just looks like they are there because they are cool, and they had to fit them somewhere. Hope they can improve that aspect.
PP seemed like a great addition.
I would prefer if they kept GG instead of adding Let forever be, or add another track to the set, i'm just not too keen about that track, but i guess you can't have it all.
I will see them live at the end of the month, any changes expected until then? What do you guys reckon?

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 14, 2018, 21:50
Swoon / Temptation / Star Guitar
Same old same old
I like how the Temptation riff sounds now before Got To Keep On, heavenly. 😍
Hi Kevin!

Hey Benj, I'm curious: was that insane breakbeat part during Free Yourself from the Rock in Rio show also played in Luxembourg?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 01, 2018, 08:55

Hey Benj, I'm curious: was that insane breakbeat part during Free Yourself from the Rock in Rio show also played in Luxembourg?

This?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Jul 01, 2018, 08:55

I hope it is a part of the song, not just a live feature.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 01, 2018, 13:34

This?
Yes, that one, thanks! I stayed strong and avoided listening to the whole thing yet.

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jul 01, 2018, 13:38

I hope it is a part of the song, not just a live feature.
Exactly, that's what I'm hoping for!
— Aurora (The Seed)

RE: the crazy breakdown in Free Yourself, and my claim that it sounded like the 1997 demo version of Base 6. I put the two together to compare.

First part is from Free Yourself Rio 18, and the second part is from Lollipop Festival 97, where they played the Base 6 demo as an extended outro to Dig Your Own Hole.

They're not quiiite the same. But they're close.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 01, 2018, 17:26

RE: the crazy breakdown in Free Yourself, and my claim that it sounded like the 1997 demo version of Base 6. I put the two together to compare.

First part is from Free Yourself Rio 18, and the second part is from Lollipop Festival 97, where they played the Base 6 demo as an extended outro to Dig Your Own Hole.

They're not quiiite the same. But they're close.
Isn't that the beat of the Manic Street Preachers Faster Remix? Maybe it was sort of a model for the Rio/ FYS one.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 01, 2018, 18:57

Isn't that the beat of the Manic Street Preachers Faster Remix? Maybe it was sort of a model for the Rio/ FYS one.
Holy shit. I'd never noticed. It is.