Don't Think Just Let It Flow

Rockhal, Luxembourg 14/06/2018

Started by Ahiru, May 17, 2018, 14:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Csar on Jun 13, 2018, 23:07

This must be the most surprising addition

Spoiler

Was it just a short teaser or sort of a full-featured track?
I just can't even believe it. Those backmasked vocals are so cool sounding too.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Explud on Jun 13, 2018, 22:22

WOW!

Spoiler
Michelin Mummies!
Were those more delicate vocals that accompany the descending bassline always there? Perhaps the better sound quality of this clip allows us to hear them.

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 13, 2018, 22:51

fuck, this is incredibly tough not to look at spoilers
Well now that Trump has decided to trust Kim the psycho killer (shades of Chamberlain "Peace in our time"?) WW3 may have broken out before you get to see the current tour. So...JUST. GIVE. IN!!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 13, 2018, 20:44

THEY WORKED IT OUT
For some reason this reminds me of the old joke: Did you hear about the constipated mathematician? He worked it out with a pencil.

Quote from: Calvy13 on Jun 13, 2018, 19:33

Greetz everyone.

greetz calvy13, thanks for sharing your twitters. Both of them managed to be quoted three times each in this thread!

Quote from: Explud on Jun 13, 2018, 21:39

Spoiler
I'm tired of this, honestly:

want to puke seeing those visuals
I wouldn't have quite that reaction but I agree with your point. They change the Go visuals after one tour, but they're still wheeling out these old visuals. Anyone tempted to make a suggestion on Adam/Marcus' instas? I'd like some dancing skeletons.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Spoiler

:o :o :o
tell me this is real
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 14, 2018, 00:26

I just can't even believe it. Those backmasked vocals are so cool sounding too.

A carefully placed vocal with superb visuals. This is genius!

Holy shit snacks.

So much to digest from all of this.

'Free Yourself' being a bloody stonker though... confirmed.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

WOW!

Spoiler
Love it!

I also love the new visuals on Go, but the previous ones were cool too.

The robots lost a bit of impact from what i could see online :/

The crowd seemed a little bit boring aswell from the videos, i can barely see anyone moving/dancing.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 14, 2018, 00:27

Michelin Mummies!

I looooove those chimes! Reminds me of those 70s disco hits. Example: Blondie - rapture and chic - I want your love

Quote from: Skylined21 on Jun 14, 2018, 01:10

Love it!

That kind of scratches my head. the original GO visuals were fine and not even old, but now they get a backseat in an instant. I like the new one but it doesn't match up better than the older one.

Maybe they might use the original GO visuals for another track or something!

T and E tinkering things here and there but I feel somewhat the same way. I prefer the robots with that OTHER track!

TBH I feel this was something experimental or a draft of whats to come.
Maybe they'll mix
Spoiler
LFB
with I'll see you there later on (like Piku/Playground in 96)
I'm kinda dissapointed with the lack of Encore Videos out there as well as some other segments.
I was also hoping for C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L to hit the stage in its entirety but sadly no chance.

P.S. I thought the UFO Lights were confirmed to make a return.
Last Edit: Jun 14, 2018, 02:00 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

WOW!

Spoiler
Dude. I think this might be one of my new favorite Chemical songs. It's at least top ten. It's so catchy.

And those visuals are so inspired!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 14, 2018, 01:46

That kind of scratches my head. the original GO visuals were fine and not even old, but now they get a backseat in an instant. I like the new one but it doesn't match up better than the older one.

Maybe they might use the original GO visuals for another track or something!
I think the original Go visuals were great too, but I don't think they had enough "bang" to open a concert with. I think they came up with new ones that would be more of a spectacle, something that says "bang - we're here!"
Never for money, always for love.

also, I gave in. I watched the videos and saw the setlist.

Spoiler
All the new stuff is great. Like what I see in terms of setlist changes. However, I'm not feeling the 'Let Forever Be' clip. I know it's short and we don't get the full effect, but the first time I listened to the clip I was triggered with memories of'All Rights Reversed', which I felt was a disaster live.

Let Forever Be is still one of my favorite tracks, but not a good first impression coming from that clip

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 14, 2018, 05:03

Spoiler
All the new stuff is great. Like what I see in terms of setlist changes. However, I'm not feeling the 'Let Forever Be' clip. I know it's short and we don't get the full effect, but the first time I listened to the clip I was triggered with memories of'All Rights Reversed', which I felt was a disaster live.

Let Forever Be is still one of my favorite tracks, but not a good first impression coming from that clip
We still have yet to see a full recording on YT, so well see what's in store for us when footage hits Youtube (and for once not spam linking to fake livestreams)
Last Edit: Jun 14, 2018, 08:44 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 14, 2018, 01:04

:o :o :o
tell me this is real
I don't know if you still know what's what anymore since DJT, so I'll say that:

Love it!

The crowd seemed a little bit boring aswell from the videos, i can barely see anyone moving/dancing.
Really? I'm still impressed with them and it's a feast to these two live. It would be sad if they already dumped them. The crowd looked a bit boring, yes, maybe that got carried over?

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 14, 2018, 05:03

Spoiler

I see your point and it does sound both cool and weird at the same time in that clip. But I can see its potential, too, and know for sure they could do something real good with it, cut it in pieces, re-arrange parts and 'psychedelic' it up like they did with OOC or the Reel. Maybe it's the vocals that threw you off a bit because they seem to come in too fast and too album-like?
Didn't know you felt that about ARR too. I had fun with it live, perhaps too short to develop within the set like it happens to some tracks sometimes when they cut to the frenzy/ peak too early. Like with the Test or Believe where you could dance just 30 sec. before everything dissolves into madness. Don't know if that makes any sense.

Let's revisit ARR

Anyhow, I'm absolutely stoked they mixed up their tracklist that boldly and it's so refreshing to see them breaking the mold a little. More of that PLEASE! (How 'bout Galaxy Bounce for good measure or any other never-before-played piece?)

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Explud on Jun 13, 2018, 21:35

Holy Shit. Don't Stop the Rock even towards the end.

WOW!

Spoiler

Ha. Disco Funk Chic with sassy Sasha Fierce Mummies bringing realness. Awesome they are getting some more old skool disco influence.

Spoiler

This somehow seems the perfect fit for these visuals after ISYT (which I wish they still had but a great alternative digging up some more gold from the vaults) and the additional freaked out vocals you can here its almost a religious experience like the reel. I'd so be down with that after some pulsating beats as a breather.

Was also great to finally see and hear a clearer version of FY. Sounds as I expected it.
Last Edit: Jun 14, 2018, 11:56 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Is this a transition from
Spoiler
Hold Tight L...
into
Spoiler
Wide Open?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 14, 2018, 11:56

Is this a transition from
Spoiler
Hold Tight L...
into
Spoiler
Wide Open?

Yeah thats it. I've watched a recording of HT into WO (a remix of it) a few times on you tube from last tour. Cool they wanted to keep it.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...