Oh Yeah, Here We Go, C'mon!

EBW12 !!! IT'S COMING !!!

Started by orangewedge99, Jun 05, 2018, 10:46

Previous topic - Next topic
takes me back to mexicooooooooooooo
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty good track overall. I like hearing those flashes of techno as it definitely gives it a lift to more of an EBW feel than the last two battle weapons imo.

No sign of a 12' yet.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

The track is pretty fucking smashing!

My only gripe, and this is dating back when we initially heard it's live debut, I feel like the transition from sinister laughing to MAH vocal is way too sudden. Additionally, the sinister laughing bit gives the song atmosphere but doesn't make a reprise. When we were teased back in June (July?) this was a significant mood setter for the track and it strange it doesn't get better use.

I've said this before, but to give some closure to Chem-verse storylines. They should have Nien Nunb looking MAH guy on the phone with angry neighbor in Elektrobank. One is "Mad as Hell" the other is wondering "Who is dis doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?"

I love this track and am hyped to hear it live in person
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH4mats5f-U&ab_channel=VariousArtists-Topic
No excerpt from june's teaser is heard sadly (nor is there any difference from the Live version) which to be honest would've worked as the outro, but A good track.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

nice
Never for money, always for love.

the technical production skill on BITE and these new tracks in particular is amazing..i imagine this is how tom and ed must have dreamed of come with us and push the button sounding—some of those tracks would be so great produced at RAR these days..
Eight or over.

I have not listened to live stuff (for any great length of time) so I don't have that comparative angle with Mad As Hell.

But Jesus H Christ what a monster! I love it! It's angry, it's in your face, it gets the heart racing the way Horsepower does. I love it's sinister edge, and the visual is really freaky, the way the acid clowns are freaky. Is that the Brexit troll?  :)) :music

I love it. I can't wait to go driving with this at full volume.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 07, 2019, 18:12

Well that's just the video, it's 5.37 on Spotfy.
Maybe we'll get a proper video in six months time... :-X
Anyone remember me mentioning the shoulder-mounted pro cameras in the Ally Pally Live thread back in October? If you pause the above video at 0.55 you can see the side walls of Alexandra Palace, so this footage is definitely from the Ally Pally gigs.

As mentioned on Facebook (what happened to the forum Explud??), there are a couple of bits we heard on (1) a teaser clip and (2) Ed's instagram story, which can't be heard here. I'm maintining my belief that those bits will be in the EBW version. We shall see...

The Pygmy Music sample at the start is taken from This compilation which was I believe, also raided by Transglobal Underground on their early 90's records (International Times).

I'm a bit disappointed that this version of MAH sounds just chopped from the album segue (or indeed the live version as Expud says), and that we don't have a "proper" video. I think I would have liked some more vocals too; it almost feels like a dub mix. Nice to finally have the track though.

sample ?

4.18-4.32 min.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1elrNXiXANxmXJLJO3TDJC#_=_

0.20-0.40 min.

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

I do really like how it ends, its quite satisfying and does the job well after what was built up and released.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Jan 08, 2019, 12:03

I do really like how it ends, its quite satisfying and does the job well after what was built up and released.

The end section kicks ass nicely, although it still feels like it was abruptly chopped with a knife, when I would have preferred a more natural sounding end.

I guess if I were in Whirly's position above, I might just be excited about MAH, but having heard it before, the nit-pick side of me is coming out.
At 1.21 and again at 3.49 after the last "ain't gonna take it no more" of the build-up, I feel that the instrumental "take off/release" could have actually packed more punch - perhaps with a different mix. In fact I kinda thought that when it was live too, but the full-on live visuals/lights sort of compensate for it. And you know that the track could have packed more punch instrumentally because it does so in the closing section.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Mad As Hell that I can't buy a 12" and am unarmed for battle.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jan 08, 2019, 16:22

Mad As Hell that I can't buy a 12" and am unarmed for battle.
Behold! Your time will come  ;)
no idea, no idea

Quote from: wrclaguna on Jan 08, 2019, 11:41

Wasn't this also present on GTA5's Nightclub side missions? I swear I heard this before
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

After listening to MAH a million times and loving it, I've come to the conclusion that it's the closest thing to Hey Boy Hey Girl they've ever done. In terms of track structure I mean.
Once the track properly gets going once that singing at the start has finished it's got the same build up and flow as hbhg and is as acidy and similar rhythms and just uses a simple yet effective sample.

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Jan 08, 2019, 01:11

i imagine this is how tom and ed must have dreamed of come with us and push the button sounding—some of those tracks would be so great produced at RAR these days..
This is an outrageous statement!  >:( :o >:D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 09, 2019, 12:06

Yep. OFF WITH HIS HEAD! CWU is perfect as it is. Think this is a typo and he originally wanted to just mention PTB  ;)
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 09, 2019, 13:00

Think this is a typo and he originally wanted to just mention PTB  ;)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This song should be listened to in ultimate darkness. And when the vocal part begins it sounds like there's some guy right in the center of your head and he is shouting "I'M MAD AS HELL! LET ME OUT OF YOUR FUCKING HEAD! I AIN'T GONNA TAKE IT NO MORE!". And then when the acid line begins it means that this guy is hitting the walls of the skull.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 07, 2019, 20:37

4 out of 6 the options on this Link
Thank you so much for this link!
MAH is stellar, I'm really excited for proper version and upcoming chemical stuff!  ;D
I've said I would wait for album to drop, but I just couldn't help myself and I'm glad I did,
this got me excited so much, I got chemical butterflies! Man! I feel good stuff coming our way!  :music
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!