1-2-3-4-5-6 Base!

EBW12 !!! IT'S COMING !!!

Started by orangewedge99, Jun 05, 2018, 10:46

Previous topic - Next topic
This says 1st of March.
(Can someone tell the Chems to stop using emojis cos they don't embed on the forum? ^-^ )

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1086274003474370561
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 17, 2019, 18:48

I guess it's not gonna be on the standard EBW label with a plain sleeve.
They're breaking EBW tradition here by a) not using a 1 June release date, b) not using the standard EBW vinyl labels, and c) not titling the single "Electronic Battle Weapon [X]".

I found the catalog number (CHEMST 32) in this image, but it's probably an early draft and will end up being CHEMSTDJ32 like all of the other EBWs.

From what I'm reading on the ordering/purchasing links, the Virgin EMI vs. Astralwerks vinyl releases are going to be different in terms of the track order and number of tracks per side, but this may just be due to misinformation provided to the record labels.

Virgin EMI - 12" (Double A Side)
A1: MAH (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)
A2: Free Yourself

Astralwerks - 12"
A: Free Yourself
B: MAH (Electronic Battle Weapon Version)

RIP!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I'm just listening back to this clip of the of MAH, with the laughing in a later part of the track (than the 5.37 version), and I'm still hopeful that this is part of the EBW version.
Does anyone have any other clips of the track from that DJ tour?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm considering the inclusion of EBW12 here to be more like Don't Stop the Rock on the Elektrobank single, or EBW7 on Galvanize.

It's not the solo EBW12 we're getting, alas. I'd be SO on it if it was. I'm still a little reluctant to spend the money on it in its current form.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jan 24, 2019, 23:52

RIP!

It makes our icon for the Archive board even more appropriate now  :'(
Last Edit: Jan 25, 2019, 08:33 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 25, 2019, 02:11

I'm considering the inclusion of EBW12 here to be more like Don't Stop the Rock on the Elektrobank single, or EBW7 on Galvanize.

It's not the solo EBW12 we're getting, alas. I'd be SO on it if it was. I'm still a little reluctant to spend the money on it in its current form.

It makes the our icon for the Archive board even more appropriate now  :'(

I too would like to have the stand-alone EBW as well. The tradition of having these records for DJs should still be kept!

I admit the MAH/FY is pricey!

I really hope they have this as a build up (the 2nd(?) teaser from way back)  in the EBW version and that its longer than 15sec.

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: MIKL on Jan 27, 2019, 11:48
I really hope they have this as a build up (the 2nd(?) teaser from way back)  in the EBW version and that its longer than 15sec.

Yes! I was disappointed that it was not in the released version
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

^ Yep. Jump back to page 3 of this thread.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 30, 2019, 04:33

^ Yep. Jump back to page 3 of this thread.
I didn't see that, but I'm pretty excited.

Yay, it's not me this time :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

this is slightly off topic but I just realized that the emblem for the EBWs are actually one of the machine on George Harrison's electronic Sound Album?

Pretty fitting considering E.B.W.1. has a sample from the album as well.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Fantastic spot. The image even makes more sense (the wires) when seen as a whole.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 30, 2019, 10:01

this is slightly off topic but I just realized that the emblem for the EBWs are actually one of the machine on George Harrison's electronic Sound Album?

You think this is why they retired it by now?
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 17, 2019, 18:29

Here's the link to the US/Mexico store page.

The UK page gave me a 404...
EDIT: They were missing a '2' in the url on Facebook. Here is the link.

Do we think these will be DJ friendly 'unmixed' versions? Or just the album versions on each side of an acetate?

EDIT: OH SHIT. IT SAYS ELECTRONIC BATTLE WEAPON VERSION OF MAH

I really hope that they will release this also in digital format.
Can't wait to hear the EBW version of MAH!
Just get yourself high.

i just noticed how much MAH channels everybody needs a 303..which i dig, <3
Eight or over.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 30, 2019, 10:01

Mind blown 🤯...!
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jan 21, 2019, 21:41

what day IS the vinyl dropping, Im so excited Im checking sites daily

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER EXPECTED TO SHIP ON OR AROUND RELEASE DATE, MARCH 1. - astralwerks website!

check your mailboxes peeps!