Surrender to the Void

EBW12 !!! IT'S COMING !!!

Started by orangewedge99, Jun 05, 2018, 10:46

Previous topic - Next topic
my preorder purchase was on jan 18! Been meaning to share with you guys but life gets in the way!

arrangement is different. the biggest differences are:

1) It starts off with the core meat and potatoes quickly for a surprise.

2) the beginning of MAH (as seen from the other MAH youtube vids) doesn't kick in till after 2:40 in the vinyl version.

3) Ends with 'I aint gonna take it no more' with a echoing drain.

Oh and FY is still the regular 5 min version

Was trying to rip it but I just barely found out that my laptop doesn't have a line-in to connect to my turntable :(  (all my proper gear is in storage so no other way to get this done.)

Last Edit: Apr 02, 2019, 21:26 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Looks neat!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

MAH

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 02, 2019, 21:41

MAH

hell yes!

Instantly recognizes 0:52 from the teaser ;D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Liking your deck. Is that a PLX 1000?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Still waiting for mine. Gonna be hard to resist watching that video!!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 02, 2019, 21:41

MAH

And I just wanted to ask you for the recording on instagram as I saw you got the copy :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Why is this not the album version?

Also I totally called the beginning lead had waaaay more prominence in a non-album version like this
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge thanks for the upload!
The already insane track taken up a notch or two. An EBW that deserves its name  :music
Last Edit: Apr 03, 2019, 18:38 by Stefan

From the rip I heard, I definitely prefer the EBW version over the album version. I wish the Chems would release it digitally so I can have a proper lossless copy and not a vinyl rip. Sorry, not a vinyl enthusiast, not sorry.

Quote from: neorev on Apr 03, 2019, 20:52

[...] I wish the Chems would release it digitally so I can have a proper lossless copy and not a vinyl rip. Sorry, not a vinyl enthusiast, not sorry.
So much this ^
Or a CD. I want something physical to put on my shelf.

Quote from: Stefan on Apr 03, 2019, 21:32

I wish the Chems would release it digitally so I can have a proper lossless copy and not a vinyl rip. Sorry, not a vinyl enthusiast, not sorry.
So much this ^
Or a CD. I want something physical to put on my shelf.
Wait until EBW20 is released, and then all the EBW's will be on a best of bonus disc.
Until then, in four years they'll release The Singles 03-23 with some unreleased, hard to find & behind the couch tracks on disc 2 and all the music videos on the dvd/bluray
no idea, no idea

From the rip I heard, I definitely prefer the EBW version over the album version. I wish the Chems would release it digitally so I can have a proper lossless copy and not a vinyl rip. Sorry, not a vinyl enthusiast, not sorry.

Same here.
But, for now, I'd be very happy with a vinyl rip.
I've already watched inchemwetrust's video so many times!  ;D
Just get yourself high.

Nothing wrong with preferring digital vs vinyl. Both are good at this point in time!

And yeah, this EBW version is really popping.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine arrived yesterday, in Australia. Top effort on the delivery times!

I naively assumed the MAH battle weapon version would just be the full version rather than the shorter version with the live visuals that was originally put on Youtube. Super keen to give it a listen now I know it lives up to it's EBW name!

Agreed that the EBW version is madder as hell, but I understand why they might want a shortened version for the album. The EBW soon might sound too long around the other tracks and disrupt the flow unless it was some sort of mid or finale climactic track for the for the album (think SSU, S2A TPPR...)

Thanks for sharing!🙏

Yep, the battle weapon version is fucking h u u u u u u u g e! Definitely deserves the EBW name. And I have to say the track makes much more sense to me in this format too. The first drop from the original coming later makes way more sense.

Love how it just bangs in after the laughing, and how the vocal is used for the mid breakdown/build instead of as an intro.

It's like a track from DYOH if DYOH was done today. Hard aggressive Chems Bros at their absolute finest 👌
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2019, 22:00 by mfc83

It's not how I imagined it. I thnk the bit around 2.50 is what Ed put on his insta story a couple of times. I imagined that bit being the intro and then building more gradually than the "normal" MAH. The melodic break that comes in around 1.03 (or 1.00 on my rip) feels like it should be later in the track for me.
I like the fact that EBW12 is longer but I'm not sure if it's actually better.
Last Edit: Apr 04, 2019, 15:30 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

EBW 12
You are all my children now!

YT description notes: "Thanks to the original ripper, whoever he is!"
Oh I know who he is.
You put something on a secret Facebook page and it ends up on YouTube...
IT'S MORNING TIME!