Life Is Sweet

EBW12 !!! IT'S COMING !!!

Started by orangewedge99, Jun 05, 2018, 10:46

Previous topic - Next topic
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2018, 11:59 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Ah so it's not "Fuck Ugh I'm dancin" it's "Fuck,Wha(t) Ugh, I'm mad as hell". Okaaay
Hearing the vocal more clearly now it doesn't sound like an Industrial/EBM vocal but an old soul/funk vocal.
Who have they sampled?  ??? I bet it's a name we know.
Last Edit: Jun 09, 2018, 12:23 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 08, 2018, 11:02

Ah so it's not "Fuck Ugh I'm dancin" it's "Fuck, Ugh, I'm mad as hell". Okaaay
Hearing the vocal more clearly now it doesn't sound like an Industrial/EBM vocal but an old soul/funk vocal.
Who have they sampled?  ??? I bet it's a name we know.
Maybe this one?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Sounds like the same voice Csar, but where's the exact sample?
Ahh I think it's around 3.48 on the 12".  I think "say what" has been edited down. The Ugh is at 3.50.
Here's the 12" version.

That's from 1977. I wonder if it was influenced by Network (film) from 1976?
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2018, 12:17 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

WhoSampled references it to the Network as well, but imo it sounds different somehow. The "wha" part is also missing assuming it's taken from the same source material.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 08, 2018, 11:28

The "wha" part is also missing assuming it's taken from the same source material.

I've just edited my post above.
And  he doesn't say Fuck at all. Booo. So it's: "Wha(t)...ugh...I'm mad as hell".
Last Edit: Jun 09, 2018, 12:24 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 08, 2018, 11:29

I've just edited my post above.
Spot on! I skipped through the track and actually thought it was an instrumental :D There it is!
— Aurora (The Seed)

It will be interesting to see how this new snippet is connected to the first teaser.
I'm pretty confident that this track will be epic.

Soulwax/2 Many DJs have used this sample too. The Disco mix from Radio Soulwax comes straight to mind as I've listened to that a few times, it drops in after Tiga's track from memory closer towards the end of the mix.

At 49:17 it kicks in and shows the album cover:

Link straight to sample:

https://vimeo.com/26149088#t=2957s

Mix:

https://vimeo.com/26149088
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2018, 13:14 by Csar
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Hot diggity. This sounds like it's going to be a stonker. And definitely something that will end up on the album rather than a stand alone B side (Sorry Pumisher).

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 05, 2018, 14:14

HARSH. MAD. ACID.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 08, 2018, 14:47

And definitely something that will end up on the album rather than a stand alone B side (Sorry Pumisher).
Now i'm mad at you!
no idea, no idea

Good point Enjoyed.

Quote from: Explud on Jun 06, 2018, 20:21

All that i can say, it's just the mood of the forum. :)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 05, 2018, 14:14

HARSH. MAD. ACID.

Explud and Whitenoise didn't know anything about the 'real' title for EBW12. No, course not...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

'A mayor's ham.....why?'
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2018, 18:08 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

for sample

full song

kraak and smaak one of my faves
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the speech from Network is used in DnB sometimes

I cannot remember what songs atm, but most likely some artist on Hospital

I'm trying think of the order these snippets are in EBW12 as a whole. Maybe the 2nd teaser (mad as hell) is more at the start and then gets crazy with the dark laughter with the 1st video? Although we know they like to change up the sequencing of the generic build up of electronic music so it could be reversed too. you never know with an EBW thats the beauty of it I suppose.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

now we just need an Art of Noise sample

Quote from: MIKL on Jun 09, 2018, 01:45

I'm trying think of the order these snippets are in EBW12 as a whole. Maybe the 2nd teaser (mad as hell) is more at the start and then gets crazy with the dark laughter with the 1st video? Although we know they like to change up the sequencing of the generic build up of electronic music so it could be reversed too. you never know with an EBW thats the beauty of it I suppose.

P. S. The synth in the laughing vid is very reminiscent of the XTC remix

I actually think it's the other way around. Laughing at the beginning and the lyrics as a chorus. But I've been wrong so many times...
Last Edit: Jun 09, 2018, 10:13 by Joslyn