Don't Think Just Let It Flow

2018/11/17 - Corona Capital, Mexico!!!!!!

Started by androidgeoff, Jun 08, 2018, 18:40

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.coronacapital.com.mx/

Chem Bros
New Order
Manic Street Preachers
NIN

Will be attending and will provide review in a timely* manner after attending.

For any others attending, let's meet up! I will be going w/ my GF and, though self sufficient, always enjoy company!

*time is relative
Last Edit: Nov 17, 2018, 00:15 by Csar
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

At work but I skimmed thru the website. Whats the price in us dollars for this event!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I got phase 2, today.

I purchased two 2-day passes with Will Call delivery, I paid $257.55. For a single 2-day pass my assumption would be around $140

Sunday has The Lemon Twigs

gotta see these guys

bumping because I'm gonna be bumping my booty to music at this thing

i will try to get pictures and videos of stuff

oh wow just realized Manic street preachers had to drop out

damn, was hoping for that la tristesse life

I don't know about "live", but the band Sparks is a pretty eccentric and interesting synth pop/new wave band that you should look into. They also worked with Giorgio Moroder.

(Watch out for the hitler stash!)

The Jesus and Mary Chain are awesome, but their music doesn't transcend well at festivals (IMO). Great band with deep discography.

Enjoy yourself!

Sorry I didn't plan better and we couldn't assemble our own Chemical caravan (see what I did there) for this one. Truly thought US dates were to follow once this was announced long ago.

To pile on, don't sleep on Superorganism. They're ridiculously fun.

Digitalism and MGMT too, of course.
Never for money, always for love.

yeah discovered sparks late last year randomly. Ended up going down a rabitthole and seeing they did a whole collab tour with Franz Ferdinand (FFS, I believe it was called). Of course only opportunity would have been to go to lollapalooza to see them and... well... fuck that festival

saw superorganism open for jungle in august, they are super fun! they have the same tour manager or something

sunday is looking pretty stacked, quite happy i got both days

Robbie Williams headlining lol. They should drop him and save some money.

What a weird cross pollination of fans that would be amongst the other artists performing. Thats if any Robbie Williams fans would go to something like this? I know Coachella play with something like this but it just sticks out more here.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

it means getting a spot at front of house will be really easy and perhaps I can devote some time to watching an act in the previous time slot (hopefully jesus and mary chain)!

robbie williams seems like a creep, but do really like the you only live twice 007 sample in Millennium

Today's the day!!! Let us know how it went and how much burrito you had to wipe off your faces!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Chems, Mary Chain and Friendly Fires on Saturday. New Order, Digitalism, Mercury Rev and Death Cab on Sunday. Not bad!
I wouldn't bet against Tom being in the crowd for the Mary Chain.

Quote from: Csar on Nov 17, 2018, 00:16

Today's the day!!! Let us know how it went and how much burrito you had to wipe off your faces!
Technically it's still Friday in North America. Just sayin'.

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 05, 2018, 19:37

I don't know about "live", but the band Sparks is a pretty eccentric and interesting synth pop/new wave band that you should look into. They also worked with Giorgio Moroder.

They did a thing in London in [**Googles it**] crumbs, in 2008 (a DECADE ago?!!) where they played all 21 of their albums live - one per night. I went to one of these gigs, but I can't remember which one. It was at the relatively intimiate Islington Academy. Whether they work at a festival I don't know, but they're getting on a bit. Worth catching once anyway.

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 05, 2018, 19:37

Truly thought US dates were to follow once this was announced long ago.
Don't the Chems normally avoid commenting on politics outside their own country? Neither T nor E have held back with comments on Instagram and twitter about Trump. Would they be so vocal about him If they were planning to play America? Maybe they're not? [ducks head].
IT'S MORNING TIME!

For those going to the show. Be safe!

Looking forward to your reviews on the burrito explosion!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 17, 2018, 01:00

Don't the Chems normally avoid commenting on politics outside their own country? Neither T nor E have held back with comments on Instagram and twitter about Trump. Would they be so vocal about him If they were planning to play America? Maybe they're not? [ducks head].

I would support it, but if they were to purposely avoid the United States due to protest... as a fan, I would appreciate a heads-up.

The've been pretty vocal about the UK officials ever since the Brexit fallout, but you don't see them refusing to schedule dates on their home turf.

Furthermore, I can't imagine them not playing the US after their label here (Astalwerks) have moved their headquarters from New York to Los Angeles. If Astralwerks doesn't fight to have one of their oldest mainstay, stay relevant, that would be damaging to the future of the label.

Now, that doesn't mean I expect an extensive tour from them. I would put my money on multiple dates throughout California and maybe a (mandatory) drop-in of New York. Basically, no different what we have experienced through the last few tours here in the States. Everything else (Chicago included), is all dependent of what's available and convenient for them.
Last Edit: Nov 17, 2018, 23:21 by Bosco

There is a streaming, I can't watch it. Even with VPN. According to this website https://www.mehaceruido.com/streaming-corona-capital-2018/ , the brothers will be in the channel 2:

Yeah. I'm not having any luck either.

Anyone from Baja America able to record it?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 17, 2018, 21:41

Yeah. I'm not having any luck either.

Anyone from Baja America able to record it?

i'm from south america, we need someone from mexico or north america (i think).

anyone able to quickly VPN / spoof being in Mexico?
Never for money, always for love.

I tried Hola VPN on the video page. No luck.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning