Me, You, And Me, Him And Her, And Them Too

World Cup 2018

Started by Bosco, Jun 13, 2018, 22:21

Previous topic - Next topic

I predict this is the year of sport legends sealing their legacy. Alexander Ovechkin wins the NHL Stanley Cup, LeBron James gets swept in the NBA finals again, proving that he's the all time goodest (not greatest), and finally it's time for Lionel Messi to bring home the World Cup.

Last Edit: Jun 13, 2018, 22:37 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 13, 2018, 22:21
LeBron James gets swept in the NBA finals again
LeBron James with no regard for human life!

Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jun 13, 2018, 22:27

LeBron James with no regard for human life!

No joke, Kevin Harlan (the person being quoted) could retire off that single comment. I can't tell you how many times I've heard it.

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 13, 2018, 22:21

group a: mostly agree except that i would see russia on  one and uruguay on two
gruop b: full ack
group c: france yes, but then denmark instead of peru
group d: crotia definitely, but then its a 50-50 between australia and nigeria don't do shit when you're drunk... 1: argentina, 2: Croatia
group e: full ack
group f: germany 12 points but fifty fifty between mexico and sweden (my bet would be 51% sweden, 49% mexico)
group g:  :o england on #1 and the rest on #2
group h: 1 poland, 2 colombia

the rest: later
Last Edit: Jun 14, 2018, 10:34 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 13, 2018, 23:13
group a: mostly agree except that i would see russia on  one and uruguay on two
What we think about our national team:

This meme goes from this "matryoshka" series:

Hi Kevin!

^ :))

if anyone is interested in filling a bracket here is the one I used:

https://sports.cbsimg.net/images/soccer/worldcup/CBS_WC_Printable_Bracket.pdf

Just remember who ever you have as a runner up in group play, they are seeded against the winner of the opposing group in the knockout round.

It's not soccer, it's football. Real football.

Congrats to the three countries of North America for getting the 2026 World Cup. USA did a good hosting job in '94 even if most of America seemed oblivious to it. Pleased for Canada as I have some Canadian connections and I don't imagine Ireland or Holland will be hosting the WC any time soon.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 14, 2018, 00:48

It's not soccer, it's football. Real football.

no idea, no idea

I'm pretty confident in France's chances. I hope we get to the final at least, and winning it 20 years after 98 would be mega!

Quote from: Explud on Jun 13, 2018, 23:19
What we think about our national team:
The things wouldn't be so bad if we had a normal head coach instead of that whiskered tyrant. Some players are quite good to make the result.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Good luck to all of your respective teams, peeps.

Our men's team is sitting home this year (and deserve to).
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Netherlands not in there either. V disappointing (oh, and Ireland). Mind you, Morocco have five Dutch born players in their squad.
Nice easy 5-0 win for Russia just now. Wasn't it lucky that the host nation got a nice easy fixture for their first game?
https://twitter.com/Tiga/status/1007196565260394496
Tiga! What are you suggesting? Outrageous!  :o

Funny to see Bosco dismissing England's chances of getting out of the group. I would suggest England 1st, Belgium 2nd. But would be amused if Bosco turned out to be right.
Looking at Pumisher's comments I'm inclined to largely agree with him. But there can always be upsets...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Bosco believes in our team more than I do    ;D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Spain vs Portugal draw was really entertaining. Ronaldo is a magician. I hope Portugal goes further than I have predicted just so we can see more.

France did not look good. Australia played them really well. And although I didn't watch the Peru/Denmark match, it sounds like this might be a really tough group to get out of.

Missed the Argentina/Iceland draw, too. Disappointed about the result, but I did predict that Argentina would have a hiccup in the group. Hopefully this is it. Messi....  :-[

Croatia vs Nigeria, not the strongest game by the Croatians but they got the job done and now lead their group and hope to take advantage and avoid a potential France matchup in the knockout stage.
Last Edit: Jun 16, 2018, 21:32 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 16, 2018, 21:24

Spain vs Portugal draw was really entertaining.
Yes!

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 16, 2018, 21:24

Missed the Argentina/Iceland draw, too. Disappointed about the result,
Iceland's team spirit is incredible. Some of their players have day jobs!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 14, 2018, 17:14

there can always be upsets...
Congrats Mexico, commiserations German forumites. Where was the defence?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 17, 2018, 17:29

commiserations German forumites. Where was the defence?
jonas hector got the flu
no idea, no idea

So, how confident do you feel about Argentina now Bosco ?  ;D

It's not over yet...
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Jun 21, 2018, 19:15

It's not over yet...
I know, I know, but it is still funny :)

France is qualified but with two very weak games. I hope they will lift their game up a bit against Argentina or Iceland.