What's this do? The Music Gets Louder, The Lights Swirl Faster

World Cup 2018

Started by Bosco, Jun 13, 2018, 22:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok, I think it's kinda over  ;D

Edit: wow, I didn't expect this result!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

OUCH!!!

Congrats Sandelic. It's amazing how bad all the supposed "top squads" have looked so far.


Just saw replay of Modric goal. DAGGER! Don't cry for me Argentina

Boys have played a good game, I would bet 1-1 today and would be very wrong. Very good for morale. 
Let's see what they'll do with it.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Jun 21, 2018, 19:58

Very good for morale.  Let's see what they'll do with it.
Quarter final? Semi final? Has the silly stuff from 2016 subsided? I hope so for the sake of the team and for football in general.
It's a shame we won't see Messi at his best in this WC. The Argentina team is clearly in disarray. They were NOT good today. Didn't play for each other.

I'd like to thank Luca Modric for his part in beating Liverpool in the Champions League final last month (I support Man Utd) and congrats to him on tonight's goal. Top player.

I didn't realise that Argentina's first choice keeper was Sergio Romero - Man Utd's 2nd choice keeper. And I also didn't realise Romero got injured with Argentina just before the WC. I now hold this injury against the Argentina team and wish them only the worst.
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Quote from: Explud on Jun 13, 2018, 23:19

What we think about our national team:



This meme goes from this "matryoshka" series:


Now i'm feeling some shame about this now...  :-[
Last game with Egypt team was not so bad.
Hi Kevin!

Btw, if you want i can make some kind of Photo-Blog about how all of this is going here, if you want, squares, people, fan-zones, etc.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 21, 2018, 21:03

Quarter final? Semi final? Has the silly stuff from 2016 subsided? I hope so for the sake of the team and for football in general.
It's a shame we won't see Messi at his best in this WC. The Argentina team is clearly in disarray. They were NOT good today. Didn't play for each other.

Silly stuff will always be there, especially since chief of Dinamo has court sentence hanging over his head and is now on the run from authorities.  Luka Modrić played his part in helping him by testifying falsely for Mamić. I would not be surprised if he will be on the trial for lying before the court. Those people are corrupt beyond words. And you're right, Argentina was not playing their top game, but our team was not bad at all. We'll see how far they'll go.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

We will see us again in four years (maybe). God bless you all.



If it's really quiet and the wind comes from the right direction you can hear the Dutch laughing
Last Edit: Jun 27, 2018, 21:38 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Explud on Jun 21, 2018, 21:26

Btw, if you want i can make some kind of Photo-Blog about how all of this is going here, if you want, squares, people, fan-zones, etc.

Have you attended any of the games? I assume it's probably extremely expensive.


Germany, WOOF!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 27, 2018, 16:01
If it's really quiet and the wind comes from the right direction you can hear the Dutch laughing[/size]

Surely it doesn't need to be quiet?  They'll be dining out on this until Qatar 2022!

Well now we know the last sixteen. Pretty imbalanced, with France, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil and Belgium on one side, and only Spain, England and Croatia on the other side... I predict a Belgium - Croatia final

Agree Ben, but don't forget Uruguay is also a heavyweight in the tilted bracket. Even though their 3 victories didn't exactly look dominant in the group stage, I could easily see them back in the semifinal much like their run in 2010.

I'm sticking with Argentina despite how poorly they've looked. No offense to France (who could turn out to be the sleeping giant of the remaining teams), but the Argentine roller-coaster is way too entertaining to leave the tournament so soon. 

I honestly think Spain is set to run the board on the opposite side of the brackets. Or it could be Croatia, Columbia, or yes, England, playing the spoiler.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 28, 2018, 20:02

only Spain

Anyone who follows football outside of world cups will recognise so many players in the Spanish squad. As a presenter said on UK's ITV, the team sheet is like looking at your favourite album with all those recognisable names/titles. I guess they were lucky to top their group with 5 points, but if they get their shit together, Spain could really do something.
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

3 - 2 for France. I can't breathe. This game makes me forget the 3 mediocre ones we did. And what a goal by Pavard !

Haha, Congrats Ben. Happy to see France show some dominance finally and not be rattled by the lucky 2nd Argentine goal.

Good game, congratz France!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

All we needed was to turn on Mbappé!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 28, 2018, 23:57

Anyone who follows football outside of world cups will recognise so many players in the Spanish squad. As a presenter said on UK's ITV, the team sheet is like looking at your favourite album with all those recognisable names/titles. I guess they were lucky to top their group with 5 points, but if they get their shit together, Spain could really do something.

Hmm, never mind...
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

ААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААААА
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Yeah, no more predictions from me. Hoping for a new Champion at this point.

Congrats Russia!

Edit: Croatia through too! Big day for the Slavic nations!
Last Edit: Jul 01, 2018, 21:01 by Bosco

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.