No Geography

World Cup 2018

Started by Bosco, Jun 13, 2018, 22:21

Previous topic - Next topic
How boring were those two games though. The only interesting thing were the first 4 minutes of Croatia Denmark and the incredible penalty session with Subasic and Schmeichel.

My prediction for the final is Belgium Croatia (although I secretly hope for France Croatia)

Agreed, games were boring, and winning game on penalties always seemed like cheating to me
I too hope for France - Croatia, if only to get even for that semi-final game 20 years ago in World cup  ;D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Holy shit! Caught the 2nd half of Belgium vs Japan on my phone, what a fuckin Match!

I now have no battery. But that was worth it!

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 06, 2018, 16:06

France in semi final !!!
Against Belgium it seems
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 06, 2018, 16:06

France in semi final !!!
Congrats. I like Griezmann. He needs to come to Man Utd where he can continue his working relationship with Pogba. And as for Mbappe, he's 19 years old. Is it just a coincidence that this song is also 19 years old?

(Actually...this song is 21 years old!)

Pleased for Belgium. Spain and Belgium were my two adopted teams for this world cup. Good to see one of them doing the business. Na na na na na na na na na na na na.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 06, 2018, 18:36

Against Belgium it seems
Yes and it will be very tough, they seem like the strongest team so far.

I didn't see all of the Belgium Brazil game, but saw enough to see Neymar faking again. What a disgrace, he's such a good player but he's wasting his talent with this kind of behaviour.

Go just been played at the break of RUS - CRO on Fisht Staduim.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Yep, and the Russians really WENT there! :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This was nerve-wracking!

Fucking Smolov :(
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Commiserations Russian forumites, it was close!
Congratulations Sandelic, it was close!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 21, 2018, 21:03

[Croatia will get to the] Quarter final? Semi final? Has the silly stuff from 2016 subsided?
Semi-Final it is. I have no idea who will win but I suspect Croatia v England will be a more open game than last night's fixture.
France v Belgium is potentially juicy too. Looks like Croatia are the only team to reach the Semi's who don't have any Man Utd players.

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jul 07, 2018, 20:26

Yeah I noticed that too - during half-time of extra time. I also noticed Darude's Sandstorm during normal half-time.
Rememeber when Ready To Go by Republica used to pop up at all sorts of sporting events? I feel like the Chems "Go" is kinda catching up with that.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jul 07, 2018, 20:26

As well as Noel Gallagher and Fatboy Slim, pretty nice taste from whoever chose the music in the stadium!

The game was interesting to follow despite the lack of action. Russia was really defending like their lives were at stake (which might be the case ???)

Didn't see England - Sweden but I saw the different saves Pickford did, quite impressive!

Congrats sandelic. We paid the debt for Euro 2008 quals :)
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quite the semi-final bracket for this forum. Congrats all!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

So the world cup is more likely the euros.

here's my bet for the next 4 games:

france - belgium  5:6 (after penalty)
croatia - england  1:2

france - croatia  3:1
belgium - england  5:4 (after penalty, 0:0 after regular time)
Last Edit: Jul 08, 2018, 21:52 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jul 08, 2018, 12:28

Congrats sandelic. We paid the debt for Euro 2008 quals :)

I'll say it again, somehow it's not a real win if you win on penalties, that's just luck
I was not happy with our team play, they are not running much on the field and if they think they can play like that against England day after tomorrow, they can already start packing home
I predict 2:1 for England, gawds let me be wrong   :-\

Holy fucking shit they did it !!

Ooh BenJ v Sandelic in the final.
Congrats Sandelic. Mandzukic was good!

I don't think we've had any English people comment on this thread. They were entertaining enough in this tournament, I thought. Looking forward to the final though. My heart will root for the underdog, but my head says France.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

What a match!

Thank you Croatia for putting a stop to  "it's coming home" nonsense

England had ample opportunity in the first half to put this game away. Croatia's grit (and some friendly reffing), ultimately came through.

Rooting for the underdog now. Sorry Ben!