Further

World Cup 2018

Started by Bosco, Jun 13, 2018, 22:21

Previous topic - Next topic
England went in semi final after beating Panama, Tunisia, Colombia without James Rodriguez, Sweden, and losing to Belgium's B Team. I could not imagine them beating the first good team they came across.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 11, 2018, 20:43

I don't think we've had any English people comment on this thread. They were entertaining enough in this tournament, I thought.

I stopped investing time and emotion to support our football team a long time ago. I used to get really, really down after the inevitable losses in these big tournaments and it just didn't feel like a good use of time.

I still support teams (and losing ones at that coughCloud9cough) but the patriotic attachments to the England team just got too much.

And for the most part, we suck.

Having said that. I will raise the gosh dang roof for every cycling event at the Olympics that Great Britain is involved in. That shit is so enjoyable to watch.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

It was a good game, it seemed England lost a lot of steam in second half, which was surprising, they got younger players, I was expecting opposite. Btw it's madness here :)
Looking forward to Sunday, I honestly can't predict how it'll go!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Good luck in the final. And to Ivica Olic especially.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Good game so far! Not boring 😁

Allez les bleus
no idea, no idea

Congratz France for winning World Cup!
Our team did do many mistakes its a wonder they didn't lost by a larger margin!

I hope you all enjoyed World cup in Russia. And congratulations to french forum members!
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

The Croatian president seems very friendly.
The first France goal was fortunate insofar as it came from a free kick that probably shouldn't have been given. I also wonder what the ref will think about the penalty he awarded when he watches the game back at normal speed. I think the slow mo made the "handball" look more intentional than it was in real time.
So the officials' decisions were not with Croatia.
Having said that, France were very good and probably would have won anyway.
Congrats France, commiserations Croatia.

And hasn't it been great to see most of the play acting die out in the semis's and the final?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm just back from the Champs Elysées, the ambiance here is undescribable, unbelievable. There is people in the streets everywhere, literally, chanting, cheering, waving flags.

I was a bit scared after the first half, Croatia really had the upper hand, but in the second half Pogba and Mbappé scored two great goals, and here we are, champions!