Who's Hungry?

Reykjavik in October

Started by nalaknip, Jun 15, 2018, 14:54

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone going to the Reykjavik gig? I've got my leave sorted, definitely don't want to miss this.

I'm considering it, especially if there is no US dates announced and the airfare stays affordable.

Me too, though mine is dependant on a visa that will allow me to leave the country...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Is this a festival show? Also thinking about taking a flight and then some quality holidays
no idea, no idea

Also thinking about it too. All depends on saving up ofc.

This is funny - this has the potential to be a great forum meetup location, and it's a spot somewhat in the middle of the Atlantic. Perfect middle ground.
Never for money, always for love.

The Venue:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laugardalshöll

so I'm assuming no festival.
Last Edit: Jun 17, 2018, 01:41 by Bosco

Next question: Have they said anything about where you can buy tickets? Me doesn't think that those will be available on those usual German ticket sites like eventim
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 17, 2018, 10:03

Next question: Have they said anything about where you can buy tickets? Me doesn't think that those will be available on those usual German ticket sites like eventim
Doubt it. Tickets are sold via https://tix.is/is/ starting June 19 at 10 a.m. (London time I presume). You can pay in Euros too and via credit card.
I'm curious about how fast this is going to be sold out.
Last Edit: Jun 17, 2018, 11:25 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Nov 05, 1974, 22:43

Tickets are sold via https://tix.is/is/
Wie haste das denn rausgefunden? Oder war da etwa eine einfache Suche nach "Island Konzertkarten" die Lösung?
How did you find out? Or was it just a simple search for "Iceland Concert Tickets"?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 17, 2018, 11:26

Quote from: Csar on Nov 05, 1974, 22:43
Tickets are sold via https://tix.is/is/

Wie haste das denn rausgefunden? Oder war da etwa eine einfache Suche nach "Island Konzertkarten" die Lösung?
Steht auf deren Seite und auf unserer unter Live Dates ;) Ick mach mir hier doch nicht umsonst die janze Arbeit! :D
It's right on their homepage and in our Live Dates thread ;). I update that one not just for fun, ya know?! :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 17, 2018, 11:28

It's right on their homepage
it seems i'm to stupid for the main page  :))

Quote from: Csar on Jun 17, 2018, 11:28

and in our Live Dates thread
:-\ never tried reading the first post in the thread, just gave the calender on top a view - blame is on me
no idea, no idea

Hihi, well, yeah. Always start from top :D But I've got to admit, it's not your fault - everyone would have looked up Live for live dates. I believe Errol hasn't updated it there yet because there might still be some details to be clarified/ and or a FB page to be set up.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Oh,  :o

11.900kr, 103€, 115$
no idea, no idea

What the... Is Iceland in the Scandinavian/Swiss part of reality where sandwiches cost >$20 a slice?

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 19, 2018, 16:28

What the... Is Iceland in the Scandinavian/Swiss part of reality where sandwiches cost >$20 a slice?
Yes. I had a layover in Keflavik and a gas station quality pizza + 12oz beer cost me just under $30.
Never for money, always for love.

It's an island, what do you expect? And there's the pixy tax, they wanna live too!
— Aurora (The Seed)

The UK is an island. Hawaii is an island. Australia...

It's definitely the pixies that are the problem. And presumably the cost to keep Björk as a native citizen.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 19, 2018, 17:55

The UK is an island. Hawaii is an island. Australia...

It's definitely the pixies that are the problem. And presumably the cost to keep Björk as a native citizen.
With a population of about 330k, mind you. Their gdp is somewhere in the $20 billions. Usually, islands have to import lots of goods which also raises prices (https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/mar/29/brexit-fruit-vegetable-prices-uk-eu). Look at our small islands like Helgoland or Rügen, stuff there is pretty expensive too because of economical and logistical reasons.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Bought my ticket this morning. Works out around £85 but I honestly couldn't give a shit. Cannot wait for this gig.

Hell, if no Canada date is announced, and lets face it, there wont be. Ill certainly be going to this.......