Surrender to the Void

Reykjavik in October

Started by nalaknip, Jun 15, 2018, 14:54

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey I'm 25% Norwegian that grants me that sweet Scandinavian discount, right?

The costly ticket price doesn't bother me. But lodging, transportation, and food and beverage has me concerned.

If I did this, this would be my first international trip.

Gig has been cancelled. Gutted. Now to go through the ball ache of getting the tickets refunded.

Thanks for letting us know.

What a bummer. I can't say I didn't see this coming despite my enthusiasm. I hope that you can recoup any reservations that have been made.

That's two cancellations on this quasi-tour. Information gets passed along pretty dang well nowadays, but I don't recall cancellations happening in prior tours.

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 23, 2018, 16:23
but I don't recall cancellations happening in prior tours.

I quite remember in 2005 they were supposed to play in Sopot, Poland (100km from my hometown). The show has been cancelled a month before the gig. The reason they gave was "low sales". They sold something like 1000 tickets at that time and were supposed to sell 14000 (aiming for 50000 at gig day). It was still a month before the gig, I haven't bought tickets either. Was about to buy at a later time. Price of the ticket - 50 PLN (~16$).
Last Edit: Sep 23, 2018, 16:39 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Aw, that's really sad. I can't quite imagine this was because of low sales, but who knows, maybe they did not sell well. This could have been one kind of a gig and I guess Tom and Ed would have loved to enthrall the Icelandic elves and be overwhelmed by their wonderful nature and people.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I reckon it was sales. I know it's Iceland and everything, but £35 dearer than a ticket for the Alexandra Palace shows seemed a bit steep to me, even with taking into account the cost of living, transportation etc.

Of course, I say steep, but I bought mine the minute they went on sale, and there was an online queue of about 15 minutes, so what do I know. Anyway, roll on Ally Pally. Got tickets for Saturday but hoping to go to the Friday one as well now.

:'(

I swear i must be cursed or something.....

Quote from: Redout_Chemical on Oct 03, 2018, 15:20

:'(

I swear i must be cursed or something.....
At first I had to laugh about your sarcastic comment and immediately felt bad because I know how disheartening that must be. I cross all my fingers that T&E find a way to the States/ Canada with their album coming out (hopefully early) next year. Chin up, the brothers gonna work it out!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 04, 2018, 17:32

At first I had to laugh about your sarcastic comment and immediately felt bad because I know how disheartening that must be. I cross all my fingers that T&E find a way to the States/ Canada with their album coming out (hopefully early) next year. Chin up, the brothers gonna work it out!

Thanks man! Lets hope with this new album its a banger and they do a proper world tour.