If You Ever Change Your Mind About Leaving It All Behind..

2018/06/23 Metronome Festival Prague

Started by Csar, Jun 24, 2018, 13:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Still think Go is not as powerful as an opener but damn I love it. And these visuals (nice touch with each of the polygon figures dropping when hit with a ray light)!

Some Temptation/ Star Guitar

Some BRB

Small snippet of Surface

Surface Ending/ Galvanize
Last Edit: Jun 24, 2018, 14:04 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 24, 2018, 13:42
Still think Go is not as powerful as an opener
The starting sounds too sharp and unfinished
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

So in the live sets 2018 topic to Instagram links for UTI and EML which are added in the set. UTI means no IDM anymore but where does EML fit in? Before HBHG means it's behind Making me high what seems like a weird transition imo.  The only known setlist on setlist.fm is the Luxemburg one. Strange...

Quote from: Joslyn on Jun 24, 2018, 14:08

So in the live sets 2018 topic to Instagram links for UTI and EML which are added in the set. UTI means no IDM anymore but where does EML fit in? Before HBHG means it's behind Making me high what seems like a weird transition imo.  The only known setlist on setlist.fm is the Luxemburg one. Strange...

There's still IDM! It's fused with Under The Influence once again and a little bit of Don't Think's beats. I'm assuming EML replaced Let Forever be or was inserted somewhere in the Free Yourself/Mad As Hell/Believe part of the set given Chemical Beats is retained.

Videos of UTI/IDM:

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jun 24, 2018, 13:49

The starting sounds too sharp and unfinished
As it is now, it sort of lacks a bit of an energetic build-up/ tension like Come With Us, Galvanize and HBHG or even Another World had. To start the frenzy, I'd like them to tease the crowd until they can't hold out no longer but dance. Go is an awesome tune but, I believe, better placed before (because of it last beat salad madness part) or right after a heavy loaded sequence (to calm down a little) because it is a bit "empty" in its first part where you'd actually want to get the crowd moving.

Quote from: Joslyn on Jun 24, 2018, 14:08

Looks like HBHG come right after Gotta Keep On
https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/chemicalbrothers/
Perhaps EML comes after that?

Gotta Keep On (I guess, because I didn't listen to it, I swear! Ok, just a few seconds)
Last Edit: Jun 24, 2018, 17:17 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jun 24, 2018, 17:01
As it is now, it sort of lacks a bit of an energetic build-up/ tension
All we need is Dust Up Beats
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: hstn on Jun 24, 2018, 16:33

There's still IDM! It's fused with Under The Influence once again and a little bit of Don't Think's beats. I'm assuming EML replaced Let Forever be or was inserted somewhere in the Free Yourself/Mad As Hell/Believe part of the set given Chemical Beats is retained.

Videos of UTI/IDM:

I knew Robots and Out of control wouldn't stick ;D now I can sleep happy.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Here's HBHG/Saturate/Elektrobank/Piku Playground

This basically confirms EML must have been played earlier in the set, but no video has shown up yet.

Notice how short HBHG has become? Maybe this is the secret behind the additions, cutting things shorter to squeeze some (old) new ones in? And for Piku, there's a percussion type of sample towards the end (11:24). Could this be another hint at a new track?

Btw, gotta love the Prague audience. Pretty appreciative and responsive. They definately enjoyed their time compared to the Luxembourg crowd.

Setlist according to setlist.fm:

Edited
Tomorrow Never Knows

• Go
  • Do It Again / Get Yourself High
  • Free Yourself
  • Electronic Battle Weapon 12
  • Believe
  • Chemical Beats / Sometimes I Feel So Deserted
  • Swoon
  • Temptation / Star Guitar / Three Little Birdies Down Beats
  • Got To Keep On
  • Hey Boy Hey Girl
  • Saturate
  • Elektrobank / Piku Playground / Music: Response
  • Escape Velocity/ Eve of Destruction/ Acid Children
  • Under The Influence / It Doesn't Matter
  • Snow / Surface to Air

• Galvanize
  • Leave Home / Song to the Siren
  • Block Rockin' Beats
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-chemical-brothers/2018/vystaviste-prague-czech-republic-4beac30e.html
Last Edit: Jun 27, 2018, 18:28 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

I called it (as well as some other members), they did cut Let forever Be.
you also left out escape velocity.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

So still - where is EML Ritual in all that?
Never for money, always for love.

I have a feeling that EML comes before or after EBW 12..

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jun 27, 2018, 17:24

I called it (as well as some other members), they did cut Let forever Be.
you also left out escape velocity.
There you have it (again :) ) including a bit of Snow Surface which I think should get its special place back in the set with a good overture like the magical Apple show one.

Last Edit: Jun 27, 2018, 18:35 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: Csar on Jun 27, 2018, 18:23

I have a feeling that EML comes before or after EBW 12..

definitely after, here's a video that shows Free Yourself and EBW12 back to back (in potato quality as the title suggests)

and chemical beats has proven to be a part of the setlist on IG so they must have made a new transition from EML to CB, or LFB was retained because of how short it was claimed to be in Rockhal's performance

My guess is EML is after Believe, in the place of Let Forever Be and Chemical Beats, because we haven't seen any videos from that yet.

my theory (judging from the gotta keep on making me high video above), is that it comes in between Star Guitar and GKOMMH.

To be honestly, for me, it's the same bassline, that coming through all show.
All the videos that i've saw from Metronome Festival, it's fucking the same bassline from TB-03 with some variations to be a quick fill to the parts of some tracks (i mean tracks, where you can catch 303 parts, except FR-Revolution in UTI/ITM and pre-recorded FR-777 for Galvanize).

It's 2 or 3 similar patterns on TB-03.
Because of this, all the confusions is in conjecture.

Patterns that sound like 303 for KOMMH and MAH is going from Minilogue.
Last Edit: Jun 28, 2018, 22:37 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jun 28, 2018, 21:39

my theory (judging from the gotta keep on making me high video above), is that it comes in between Star Guitar and GKOMMH.

Nope, you can still hear the Star Guitar synths in the beginning if you listen closely

Quote from: hstn on Jun 28, 2018, 23:23

Nope, you can still hear the Star Guitar synths in the beginning if you listen closely
DAMN!

Quote from: Explud on Jun 28, 2018, 22:29

To be honestly, for me, it's the same bassline, that coming through all show.
All the videos that i've saw from Metronome Festival, it's fucking the same bassline from TB-03 with some variations to be a quick fill to the parts of some tracks (i mean tracks, where you can catch 303 parts, except FR-Revolution in UTI/ITM and pre-recorded FR-777 for Galvanize).

It's 2 or 3 similar patterns on TB-03.
Because of this, all the confusions is in conjecture.

Patterns that sound like 303 for KOMMH and MAH is going from Minilogue.

say what?