Get Up On It Like This

2018/06/23 Metronome Festival Prague

Started by Csar, Jun 24, 2018, 13:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Jun 24, 2018, 13:42
Still think Go is not as powerful as an opener
An idea came to my mind. After release of the album the bros can use Eve Of Destruction as an opener. The start of the song fits wery well. The rhythm that keeps in anticipation and then the funky beat that makes everybody dancing.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jul 02, 2018, 20:20

An idea came to my mind. After release of the album the bros can use Eve Of Destruction as an opener. The start of the song fits wery well. The rhythm that keeps in anticipation and then the funky beat that makes everybody dancing.

I second that, I actually mentioned long ago along with the idea of using George and Mildred as a gimmick for the robotic vocals

EDIT: Along with Eve being an opener Go can go right after like it did in their DJ sets
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jul 02, 2018, 20:20

After release of the album the bros can use Eve Of Destruction as an opener.
I know they did this with their DJ sets in late 2017, but do they want to open a live gig with a relatively unknown track?

Quote from: hstn on Jul 02, 2018, 21:42

I actually mentioned long ago along with the idea of using George and Mildred as a gimmick for the robotic vocals
Um, what/who is George & Mildred in the Chemical sense? I am familiar with this George & Mildred:

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 02, 2018, 22:02

I know they did this with their DJ sets in late 2017, but do they want to open a live gig with a relatively unknown track?
Um, what/who is George & Mildred in the Chemical sense? I am familiar with this George & Mildred:

George and Mildred were names penned by Adam and Lyall for the giant robots!

There's a pretty neat article about them from the company SpecialZ that build them
http://www.specialz.co.uk/chemical-brothers.html

To this end, Specialz were charged with creating a huge 3m diameter reflector, a set of bespoke dollies pre-rigged with Sharpys and last but certainly not least two mechanical robots, George and Mildred respectively and standing approximately 15' high apiece.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 02, 2018, 22:02
but do they want to open a live gig with a relatively unknown track?
What about Another World?
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jul 03, 2018, 16:56

Come With Us as well

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jul 03, 2018, 16:56

another world would be easy to mix into go :)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."