Surrender

What was main inspiration behind Hot Acid Rhythm?

Started by rajatmusic, Jun 26, 2018, 11:57

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi Team,

I want to know the main theme behind the hot acid rhythm If does not match with the name and If it is what was the structure, scale, form behind the song?

If any can share the full music score of this song I would appreciate

The main reason behind Hot Acid Rhythm #1 is to release #2
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 27, 2018, 19:02

The main reason behind Hot Acid Rhythm #1 is to release #2
There ya go, you got me laughing hard!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: rajatmusic on Jun 28, 2018, 11:03

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

So basically you all are listeners.

Thing is, I guess, we (or at least I) had a hard time understanding what your question is about. Maybe you could re-phrase it to help us better understand what you would like to know?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The theme of the song is about the sacrifices a working parent makes - one must work to provide for their family, but work takes time away from that family - and in general Hot Acid Rhythm 1 is about the struggle to find the right work/life balance in a capitalist society that encourages hard labor but doesn't offer much satisfaction in return. It's inspired by a single mother Tom and Ed met while living in Canada in 2000. There's strong anti-capitalist rhetoric, but much of it is presented ironically or tongue in cheek, seemingly as acceptance of this struggle as the fate of mankind. When you take a closer look at the lyrics, particularly the way the "yeah yeah" vocal sample is sung, you'll see this is obvious.

Here is the score.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: rajatmusic on Jun 26, 2018, 11:57

I want to know the main theme behind the hot acid rhythm If does not match with the name

Well it's hot, it's got acid noises and it has rhythm. I would suggest there's little doubt that it matches the name. But also, what Whitenoise said.

ps that Yeah Yeah sample sounds familiar but I don't know if I just know it from this track or if I know it from somewhere else...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 28, 2018, 12:55

The theme of the song is about the sacrifices a working parent makes - one must work to provide for their family, but work takes time away from that family - and in general Hot Acid Rhythm 1 is about the struggle to find the right work/life balance in a capitalist society that encourages hard labor but doesn't offer much satisfaction in return. It's inspired by a single mother Tom and Ed met while living in Canada in 2000. There's strong anti-capitalist rhetoric, but much of it is presented ironically or tongue in cheek, seemingly as acceptance of this struggle as the fate of mankind. When you take a closer look at the lyrics, particularly the way the "yeah yeah" vocal sample is sung, you'll see this is obvious.

Here is the score.
You've made my day
Hi Kevin!

Hello Chems peeps ,  . .

Yes , totally  agree  with  you  WhiteNoise  , ha ha ,  spot  on  ,  good  song  dissection . .

Looking forward to seeing the Brothers headline Bluedot Festival next Sunday . . .

Fresh songs ,  new noises  ,  new transitions  ,  new bleeps  &  reverb  , new visuals , . . .

Gonna be mega
  :)
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Tom said it was based on the drum pattern and structures from the early days when him Ed would hit the summer raves in Blackburn. The warehouses didn't have AC, which made it extra hot back then and of course, acid was the thing.

The samples come from early morning cartoons that would be on when they would make their way back home. It's all just an ode to those good ole days.

Of course, I just made all that up, but just go with it.