'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

History of changing setlists, rarities, and other unique features

Started by Bosco, Jun 30, 2018, 06:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 01, 2018, 22:52

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT SYNTHLINE IN THE MIDDLE.

Does anyone know if this was played at any shows other than Le Zenith? It's so good!

I recall reading it in a few reviews, but just that one recording. I also read in one review they played Galaxy Bounce in an encore in '02 but I'm thinking the writer might've mixed it up with Leave Home.

Either way, great thread!

Last Edit: Jul 03, 2018, 23:35 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

'The Pills Wont Help You Now' will always be known for an epic transition with 'We Are the Night'

Pretty good recording of that here:

Can't believe this is the only "decent" clip we have to rely on after all these years. Pills/ WATN back to back is so so good. They need to bring it back, back, back!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

A modern Midnight Conversation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODFG4IW6EUo&ab_channel=AnelizaRamos
there has to be a full late 2007/early 2008 track
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Reflexion is probably one of the rarest live songs, as they played it only at Rockhal and the super secret pre-Sonar gig in 2015. Maybe it was also played at the show in Lithuania during that tour.

Do snippets of tracks count?

They play the little reversed 'iaaaaauh' vocal loop from the end of Denmark in the transition between Star Guitar and STA in 2004, that delicious Santiago show for example.

(46:16 ish)
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Hell ya snippets count. Anything that was unique to the live setting should be discussed here.

Which leads me to this:

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,354.0.html

We really should contribute and catalog this stuff. I imagine a lot of these small time videos will eventually be purged and lost forever if we don't properly prepare for it.

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 04, 2018, 18:21

We really should contribute and catalog this stuff. I imagine a lot of these small time videos will eventually be purged and lost forever if we don't properly prepare for it.
I downloaded some audio of some rare stuff like these because of that fear:

A Modern Midgnight Conversation

Das Spiegel

Don't Fight Control/ It Doesn't Matter

Remember when we got Hold Tight London in decent quality for the first time?

And thanks to Sneaker we have Where Do I Begin? with Beth

and The Boxer live with Tim

Eyes Visuals

2007 No Path to Follow intro
Last Edit: Jul 04, 2018, 20:20 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 04, 2018, 18:21

maybe if we find tracks (or enough snippets to combine into complete tracks) I could probably assemble a super set of some sorts (like I did with the best of albums) that include the rare tracks.

EDIT:
Here's an example with a few snippets of Nude Night (I used a rip from Balonga 07 at the end, hence the quality drop)

Last Edit: Jul 04, 2018, 20:43 by Conn6orsuper117

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 04, 2018, 17:08

Reflexion is probably one of the rarest live songs, as they played it only at Rockhal and the super secret pre-Sonar gig in 2015. Maybe it was also played at the show in Lithuania during that tour.

This would go great between Hey Boy Hey Girl and Saturate in the new setlist
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 01, 2018, 22:25

Anyone have the recording of My Elastic Eye live in 2002? I want to say it was Le Zenith, but I don't have it on my hard drive for some reason.

Thanks, Bob, for this different version! But are you sure it's a recording from Barcelona? It somewhat sounds similar to the Zenith recording (but from another standpoint and crisper) esp. regarding the crowd.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 05, 2018, 12:04

Thanks, Bob, for this different version! But are you sure it's a recording from Barcelona? It somewhat sounds similar to the Zenith recording (but from another standpoint and crisper) esp. regarding the crowd.
I can not be 100% sure, but in my archive this record refers to a concert in Badalona

Rare 2007-2008 moments

Midnight Madness-> Out Of Control (rarely recorded)

A full The Big Jump! (performed in the middle of Do It Again)

It Began In Afrika-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka

HOOPS!!!
Last Edit: Jul 05, 2018, 23:26 by hstn

That Big Jump clip is brand new to me! I knew they "snippeted it" but I never knew they played the whole song then, that looks and sounds so cool.

I should post some audio clips from various bootlegs here too, stuff off-Youtube. Some great stuff from 2005.
Never for money, always for love.

So Much to talk about

Quote from: hstn on Jul 05, 2018, 23:08

Rare 2007-2008 moments

Midnight Madness-> Out Of Control (rarely recorded)
Again if we can find Decent Quality recordings I can mash this into a mega set

A full The Big Jump! (performed in the middle of Do It Again)
I did not know that, I just thought this clip was from 2005

It Began In Afrika-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka
You did a recreation of this particular segment in Audiotool

HOOPS!!!
The clip I showed earlier must be a Stage rip from the brothers themselves  :o

So my theory is if all the rare songs were included in 1 set it would go like this
Spoiler

No Path to Follow
Galvanize
Burst Generator
Do it again
Big Jump
DIA, Get Yourself High
HBHG
All Rights Reversed
It began in Afrika
Midnight madness
OOC
Enjoyed/Dont fight it
It doesnt matter/ Problem Question (or just the Animal song, I dunno)
Star guitar
Surface to Air
UTI
Saturate
Believe
The Pills Won't Help You Now
We are the Night
Hoops
Nude Night
Golden Path
Chemical Beats

Hold Tight London
Das Speigel

Modern midnight Conversation
Leave Home
Block Rockin' Beats
Sunshine Underground

Last Edit: Jul 06, 2018, 06:37 by Conn6orsuper117

Galvanize at Roskilde 2007
Last Edit: Jul 06, 2018, 21:27 by Enjoyed

Quote from: Bob Chipezka on Jul 06, 2018, 22:03

Morning lemon '05 is suitable in this category?

Totally counts :3

Speaking of '05, where and when was this recorded and how often did they play the song? Was it a one off like HTL in 2007?