And the Darkness That You Fear Will Disappear

History of changing setlists, rarities, and other unique features

Started by Bosco, Jun 30, 2018, 06:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Champiness on Aug 27, 2019, 00:50

Poring over some live footage from earlier-in-the-2010s tours (slowly receding into history, before our very eyes!) and wound my way back towards this gem:

The only time they played "The Sunshine Underground" on the Further tour

Don't wanna be that guy but they also played this in denver and Las Vegas (though the las vegas footage is long gone)

although fox theater (I could be wrong) is the only location to play Under the Influence in its full with Horse Power's Bassline instead of the 2007/2010 bassline
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I don't recall them ever having a date in Vegas for the Further tour in North America.

CoS published dates in Vancouver and Seattle back in 2010, but I'm almost certain they never happened. Additionally, the Vancouver date couldn't have happened, because it was the same day as Denver.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2010/05/chemical-brothers-add-u-s-tour-dates/
Last Edit: Aug 30, 2019, 21:26 by Bosco

If there was a Vegas show, I would've been there. I think it was Seattle.

Also, the chems are on a 1.5 month break from touring. Historically speaking, I think this is usually the point we get new stuff in the set. Seems like they usually do a pre-release tour, release tour, then after some time off a final round when we usually get the new stuff added to the set list. I could be wrong; it's happened before.

Quote from: Biff on Aug 31, 2019, 02:18

If there was a Vegas show, I would've been there. I think it was Seattle.

Also, the chems are on a 1.5 month break from touring. Historically speaking, I think this is usually the point we get new stuff in the set. Seems like they usually do a pre-release tour, release tour, then after some time off a final round when we usually get the new stuff added to the set list. I could be wrong; it's happened before.

Normally the encore gets the most changes for this last quarter change, in 2016 Hold Tight London/Wide Open was added, and for late 2018 the addition of Got Glint was made into the encore

Here's hoping The Universe Sent Me finally gets added!!!!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Aug 31, 2019, 03:12

Here's hoping The Universe Sent Me finally gets added!!!!

Yeah, this should be mandatory, right?! My gutfeeling tells me though this isn't going to happen. But I'll be counting on hope instead. Wished they would mix in some Bango beats/ parts somewhere in the seat, too, perhaps during the first quarter of the set. It's so hip-wiggling inducing and would go along well with some older breaky stuff.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I expect one song will hit the bucket (none from NG) and be replaced with another (also not from NG).

turns out it was in Krakow,(although I swear I saw a clip from vegas with the song in its entirety with Horse power's bassline)! even though it was most likely a mistake and was corrected, definetly prefered that Bassline over the 2007-'10 bassline anyday.

better audio @ 8:16
Last Edit: Sep 25, 2019, 07:17 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Reflexion is back up and in its full. ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vq1HAC7zxw&list=PLVvEhqO_R9yauVDrMOMDchpqURQoQ0mBr&index=8&t=0s

may as well save it while we can

My eardrums would have melted out of sheer awesomeness.
Also, there is the ending that is missing from both the standard and extended version of this song.

I don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but their show in South Korea was pretty awesome. It had more improvised elements than any other show I've heard thus far (e.g. subtly you can hear the siren at near the end of HBHG, No Geography gets added percussive elements, lots of batshit-crazy delay effects, etc). The quality is pretty decent, although the compression makes the volume dive during heavier bass, but it's still a great listen and that can probably be cleaned up with some editing and a reverse compressor (I think that's what they're called when they lift quieter elements rather than lower loud elements).

This popped up on my youtube feed and I realized I've never seen it.
I like the slightly tweaked/distorted synths at Do It Again (especially from 2:19).
Remember when they had some power problems a couple of years ago (I believe during EML Ritual)?
And they started over with Do It Again synth line. Where was it? I need that video.

Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Cool new light show for Got Glint with additional Catch Me I'm Falling:

Better full video getting immersed in it from Milan:

Last Edit: Nov 23, 2019, 10:34 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Quote from: kosek on Nov 22, 2019, 21:27

This popped up on my youtube feed and I realized I've never seen it.
I like the slightly tweaked/distorted synths at Do It Again (especially from 2:19).
Remember when they had some power problems a couple of years ago (I believe during EML Ritual)?
And they started over with Do It Again synth line. Where was it? I need that video.

Yes, I remember that, it was a very cool improvisation/unique intro to DIA, I've searched for the video myself some time ago. It was at a festival in France, in 2015?

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 23, 2019, 12:36

Yes, I remember that, it was a very cool improvisation/unique intro to DIA, I've searched for the video myself some time ago. It was at a festival in France, in 2015?

Here's the outage at 11:55

Here at 5:35

They restart with Eml Ritual but later have another outage (not on video)

Then they restart with Do It Again and I can't find any video
Last Edit: Nov 23, 2019, 13:12 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Bango has entered with new visuals transitioning into EML Ritual:

(curious to know what the distorted male voice is saying afterwards sounds familiar like from a classic electronic track or something maybe)

Recent live version of Under the Influence returns instead of Hoops before the Under the Influence/Dig your own Hole mash up.

Quote from: MIKL on Nov 24, 2019, 08:15

Bango has entered with new visuals transitioning into EML Ritual:

(curious to know what the distorted male voice is saying afterwards sounds familiar like from a classic electronic track or something maybe)

I think it's "time" something

EDIT: I just checked against that unidentified track on the Nuits Sonores DJ Set that goes "time, control" (at 54:00) but that doesn't sound the same at all :|
Last Edit: Dec 01, 2019, 11:00 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 01, 2019, 10:39

I think it's "time" something

I hear "Tell me know... Tell me"  or "Terminate"

Pretty confident the spoken-word voice is saying "thunder" (as in "give me my...")
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album