I'll Take You Along With Me

History of changing setlists, rarities, and other unique features

Started by Bosco, Jun 30, 2018, 06:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Sounds like terminate to me, but logically thunder makes more sense.

Can we also just appreciate that a video of a lawn mower is getting cheers at these shows! It's genuinely fucking weirdly terrifying

I hear "Tell me"
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

New Panels!!!! either this is an O2 exclusive or the 2020 tour may have new visual pallet:

Elektrobank really utilizes these
Last Edit: Dec 02, 2019, 22:31 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

You mean the extension of the screen? I think that they were used because of the large stage.

It was only a O2 exclusive. But they used a 3 portret screen setup on some festivals like Glasto or All points east because the festival had these special ones.

It was posted earlier, with the drunk Tim Burgess, Tim played on stage with them at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall in 2004.

I may be completely imagining this but did the Magic Numbers also sing live with them at the Brixton Acadamy in the late 2000's or just support?

Quote from: Redwood on Dec 03, 2019, 21:39
I may be completely imagining this but did the Magic Numbers also sing live with them at the Brixton Acadamy in the late 2000's or just support?
Yup they did the version of Close Your Eyes which ended up on Live 05
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Dec 03, 2019, 21:58

Yup they did the version of Close Your Eyes which ended up on Live 05

Seems like V festival also https://www.nme.com/news/music/festivals-418-1358602
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: neorev on Dec 11, 2019, 04:51

Wish Chems would drop The Devil Is In The Beats live
technically they did between Got Glint & Wide open, last year. although it was very similar to wide open on the album.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Dec 11, 2019, 05:30

technically they did between Got Glint & Wide open, last year. although it was very similar to wide open on the album.

I really don't hear any similarities  ???
Last Edit: Dec 11, 2019, 15:57 by Ben_j

https://www.flickr.com/photos/big_chrisos/265001153/in/photostream/

Found a photo album with moments from 2004-2005! (Including some pictures of Tim Burgess singing Life Is Sweet during Fuji Rock, and apparently Sunshine Underground visuals??)
Last Edit: Feb 07, 2020, 19:29 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: MIKL on Nov 24, 2019, 08:15

Bango has entered with new visuals transitioning into EML Ritual:

(curious to know what the distorted male voice is saying afterwards sounds familiar like from a classic electronic track or something maybe)
Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Dec 02, 2019, 22:00

I hear "Tell me"
FOUND IT: The sample is featured in Heaven by Ariel (Tom's old band).
He says "So tell me, How do you feel?" sounds like the same pitch but distorted (probably either through filter or the bass from the speakers) it plays at 2:09 and then on

Can't remember if I posted this video before but here's a goodie I rediscovered, a Hoops/Golden Path transition from 2008

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 15, 2018, 06:08

Sounds awesome! when you get the time, you should remake that in audiotool.

semi HQ clip (Some POS was blowing into the recorder):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZjvN39mlF0&ab_channel=RobCurran

Looks like in some concerts (late 15/early 16) the brothers had a disco ball with them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLAdayH4hiw&ab_channel=vanrok

Cannot thank you enough man, for this one!!!.. They've used it in Vilnius concert too (summer of 2015),during Block'Rockin'Beats - that was amazing.. I would describe it as diamond shaped kind of reflector (cause in Vilnius, Lithuania it was clearly Diamond shaped, you can look in a videos on youtube..) - I think it looked really cool. Something new and special. I thought they were testing it in Vilnius, as an installation..

Hey everyone, happy new year!
Just found this:

Was TSU the last track on some 2002 sets? Or did i just find some weird edited out set?
Edit: Upon further looking, it seems like the guy that owns the channel has some chemical brothers sets, and a lot of Underworld ones. Seems like sort of an Underworld Live Archive
Looking at you Conn6r;)
Last Edit: Jan 01, 2022, 03:35 by Zesty
Insomnia.

Quote from: Zesty on Jan 01, 2022, 03:21

Hey everyone, happy new year!
Just found this:

Was TSU the last track on some 2002 sets? Or did i just find some weird edited out set?
Edit: Upon further looking, it seems like the guy that owns the channel has some chemical brothers sets, and a lot of Underworld ones. Seems like sort of an Underworld Live Archive
Looking at you Conn6r;)

Yeah no this was edited, the reel was omitted but for some reason TSU was placed at the end

Maybe, anybody has any video (*or on youtube) where chems are using this green cone-shaped laser above them. These were some special moments visualy.. Not the 'Further' tour (cause it was cylinder-like). I noticed that they started to use this cone-shaped from 'Born in the Echoes' tour from 2015 onwards.. It's really difficult to find one on youtube.. I sawit myself in Vilnius, and aahhhh..What amoment that was.. I didn't have any phone, or camera with me.. Probably best moment of a whole chemical experience. And it was amazing both musically and visually, majestic moment.. That spinning green laser-cone.. Itwas like an interlude, or transition between different tracks.. And I didn't even remember which tracks that were.. Not 'Hey Boy Hey Girl' (cause they've used that during concert in Portugal).. That was special..

Maybe what you're looking for is the outro ("it's the lifestyle we're living") of Believe and pause into Snow/Surface that can be seen on the Roundhouse 2015 gig (iTunes Festival)?

Can't find that gig on Youtube, at least not in full lenght. Have it on my PC and i can take a look around where to upload it and then send you the link via DM
Last Edit: Jan 10, 2022, 20:49 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

I think in 2015 they used this visual after the little break that's usually around 2/3rd-ish into the main show.
In 2015 the song at that part of the setlist was The Sunshine Underground, exept for the Roundhouse show which Pumisher posted above, here Snow/Surface To Air was played.

Here's a video with TSU from 2015, although it doesn't show the whole cone as it's really close to the stage:

AFAIK they've always used the laser directly above them since 2015 during some parts of the show.