Surrender

2018/07/07 Atlas Weekend

Started by Csar, Jul 08, 2018, 11:44

Previous topic - Next topic
The Ukrainians going recording-crazy :D Thanks!

And as you can hear, no set is alike in its nuances. There's always something to discover. I love it.
Last Edit: Jul 08, 2018, 21:35 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Damn, four sets in a row and no encore.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 09, 2018, 02:51
Damn, four sets in a row and no encore.

There are no encores at festival sets.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Ususally yes, but the Rockhal crowd got their encore, though.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 09, 2018, 09:03

Ususally yes, but the Rockhal crowd got their encore, though.
Rockhal was not a festival

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 09, 2018, 09:24

Rockhal was not a festival
Oops, it was not? I take it back then.
— Aurora (The Seed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1126&v=rPDHlIRlAJE

18.31-18.41  sample Jean Michel Jarre ?    ???
Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: wrclaguna on Jul 10, 2018, 16:03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1126&v=rPDHlIRlAJE

18.31-18.41  sample Jean Michel Jarre ?    ???

WRCLaguna has the same avatar as Bosco now?
My JMJ knowledge isn't great, which track has been sampled?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Słucham THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS od 1995 roku .

* this chemical is good, this chemical is bad *

Quote from: wrclaguna on Jul 11, 2018, 19:17

This is great, and I will never understand why some people record long clips like this, that cover 50-90% of the show. I get clips. I get recording the whole thing. But why would you spend HALF the show holding your phone, just to get a segmented, incomplete recording, that's too long for anyone to casually watch, but too incomplete to enjoy watching the whole thing and capture the entire show?

I don't get it!!
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 11, 2018, 19:37

This is great, and I will never understand why some people record long clips like this, that cover 50-90% of the show.

I don't get it!!

Maybe its their first time seeing the chems, and they REALLY need something that they can take with them and remember. just my guess!

i should try for a mount for next gig!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Noticed this time around they played with some more sound alterations and effects with this set. Like adding more atmosphere to the new tracks where needed. I was worried for a second Free Yourself was changing too much in the wrong direction like simplifying the sounds too much, but now it sounds better again.

A shame they can't use the lighting from behind the screens at festivals usually as it loses effect a little. (like when the figures point and lights shine through etc.)

I've fell in love with Star Guitar again just wish the visuals were more stimulating for such a masterpiece. Like even a gradient/transition of pastel or sunset colours would even do. Red is too angry and harsh for that track.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Go is still a weak opener. Sorry, no disrespect Brothers. It's just not an opening track. An opening track that goes into Go would work. You have that anticipation and build up from the Tomorrow Never Knows intro and it just falls flat when Go kicks in. It just doesn't have the impact. They need something stronger to drop. You can hear the energy drop in the 49:35 video when Go comes in. Perhaps remix Go and give it some more balls, bigger beats or something.

EML Ritual would be a much better opener and would work going into Do It Again. Plus they fit the psychedelic vibe of the TNK intro. I can hear the "Do it again" vocal perfectly over EML Ritual and the "Oh my god, what have I done?" Seriously, make EML Ritual the opener, much stronger.
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2018, 21:35 by neorev