And It Feels Like I'm Dreaming

2018/07/22 Bluedot Festival

Started by WhiteNoise, Jul 16, 2018, 17:48

Previous topic - Next topic
Last year's festival was streamed live - maybe this one will be too?

https://www.discoverthebluedot.com/news/watch-bluedot-live
Never for money, always for love.

Oooh, that would be something. It tells me, though, I'd have to register with twitch or use FB.

https://www.twitch.tv/bluedotfestival/manager/highlights

I can't get it to work for some reason with my FB account (nothing happens when I click it).
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Haha - they posted the wrong url to their site. See "manager". They posted the link they use to manage their highlights.

I guess it'll be updated closer to the festival itself.
Never for money, always for love.

Seems they still have tickets available so they're unlikely to share the fact that it's streamable, on the chance it gives people an excuse not to actually go to the festival.

Guess we will have to wait and see! Their Twitch page is certainly a good indication - though it hasn't had its video player banner updated since last year...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Bluedot streamed thru Twitch other years. Remember watching Orbital's performance.

Quote from: neorev on Jul 16, 2018, 19:15

Bluedot streamed thru Twitch other years. Remember watching Orbital's performance.
It's still there:
Hi Kevin!

^ Had a quick look through that Orbital video. It doesn't look like they used the dish face for projections. Although there were lights projected against the base I think?
Anyway here's a band who who did project on to the the dish:

Incidentally the festival was called Transmission, not Bue Dot back in 2013. Some pro footage of... "Transmission" by Joy Division here:

Last Edit: Jul 16, 2018, 22:31 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Still no update on the site regarding a live stream. And it still shows the old banner on Twitch.

Looking unlikely at this point  :'(
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

OMG, I would be pulling my hair out if I was at that festival. How do you schedule The Chemical Brothers and Slowdive against each other? The twitter feed photos of a complete sparse crowd at Slowdive is really depressing. What a poor decision by the organizers. Slowdive makes quintessential stargazing music! They didn't deserve that.

https://twitter.com/ProfTimOB/status/1021155065845944321

Looks like they didn't project on to the "bowl"/face of the telescope. This article seems to explain why:
For the last two years though, Lovell's 5,000 square metre bowl has been undergoing restoration, which means it has to be kept static and pointed directly upward. As a result, artists and designers are deprived of its huge circular "screen".
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Absolutely  fantastic  headline  set  from  The  Chem Bros  last  night  at  BlueDot Festival  ,  ,  seen  them  quite  a  few  times  over  the  years  but  this  set  was  off  the  chart  ,  a  completely  polished  experience  from  start  to  finish  ,  ,  songs  old  and  new  multi-layered  with  extra  rendering  here  and  there  to  keep  them  sparkling  and  fresh  ,  ,  EML  got  the  full - on  treatment  ,  ,  Mad as Hell  .  .  massive  new  crowd  pleaser  , , ,  Robots  . . Influence / Acid Test  . . still  amazing  , ,  and  we  got  Playground For a Wedgeless Firm  towards  the  end  working  brilliantly  with  the  warping  chrome  pattern  visuals  (from  Don't  Think)  ,  ,  ,  all  this  delivered  through  the  Lovell  Stage  soundsystem  . .  an outdoor  stage  that sounds  as  good  as  indoor  venue  , , yes  , ,  loved  it  ,  , thanks  to  Chem  Bros  and  crew  ,  and  BlueDot  crew  x
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Please tell me someone recorded this set!!!!!  Got chills watching that Snow/Surface to Space Station Tweet

Does anybody knows what song it is before Snow/Surface in Professor Tim O'Brien's video?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 23, 2018, 15:55

Does anybody knows what song it is before Snow/Surface in Professor Tim O'Brien's video?

In Lisbon it was Eve of Destruction/Under The Influence

I can't state enough how much I love Adams' and Marcus' (and everyone involved) awesome lightshow. It's all so well put together, so well choreographed and thought out. All these nuances of light, motion and synchronicity, is just impressive.
Last Edit: Jul 25, 2018, 20:29 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 25, 2018, 20:19

I can't state enough how much I love Adams' and Marcus' (and everyone involved) awesome lightshow. It's all so well put together, so well choreographed and thought out. All these nuances of light, motion and synchronicity, is just impressive.

Great they got the lights shining through again for a festival gig. I always assumed sometimes they can't go the whole way with production due to time restraints and logistics playing at festival. I'm just thinking I wonder if this is that kids (to left on someones shoulders) first gig and how much his mind is blown by this right now. Awesome.
Last Edit: Jul 28, 2018, 09:22 by MIKL
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

— Aurora (The Seed)