Oh Yeah, Here We Go, C'mon!

2018/07/19 Rock In Roma

Started by hstn, Jul 19, 2018, 22:29

Previous topic - Next topic
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Jul 19, 2018, 22:29

The Reel is back!!!

I didn't know they were performing today, Would've been all over it, was this Streamed?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

[Here was a wrongly placed video]

Seems like OOC/Setting Sun is back in the sets again (at 3:20).

[and here too]
Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018, 23:01 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

there's already a topic about this event and tppr is mentioned in there  ;) ;D
no idea, no idea

Now that's interesting. I wonder if OOC / Setting Sun, and Let Forever Be, are part of the set when an encore is played, and UTI/IDM + EML played without an encore.
Never for money, always for love.

Actually UTI/IDM was played too
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

None of those videos are from Roma but re-uploads from other dates. The first was the 20 minute video recorded from Atlas
(The finger lasers are present here in this clip from Roma ) and the 2nd is clearly SBRK's video from Rockhal.

OOC/Setting Sun wasn't played at all especially proven by kosek, but it would be interesting if the reel was part of the main set again!
Last Edit: Jul 20, 2018, 13:24 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Jul 20, 2018, 13:18

but it would be interesting if the reel was part of the main set again!

it was -
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: hstn on Jul 20, 2018, 13:18

None of those videos are from Roma but re-uploads from other dates. The first was the 20 minute video recorded from Atlas
(The finger lasers are present here in this clip from Roma ) and the 2nd is clearly SBRK's video from Rockhal.

OOC/Setting Sun wasn't played at all especially proven by kosek, but it would be interesting if the reel was part of the main set again!
Shame. It would've been interesting if festivals had a different set featuring EML,UTI and no encore (for a compressed set) while In reserved locations (or whatever you call it) would play the rockhall set
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

These robots still amaze me as much as they did the first time they surfaced, I love them so much.

But why does the video have to cut right at the most interesting part? Whhhhhy? That transition into Snow Surface was ace!
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2018, 07:53 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: nekoland on Jul 21, 2018, 14:45

you can hear samples from the Problem:Question/Saturate Transition somewhere in there.

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 21, 2018, 17:13
you can hear samples from the Problem:Question/Saturate Transition somewhere in there.
Can't really understand what you're talking 'bout.
This loop/sample "wooaaah, puaaa"?
It can be trigerred by Ed(Adam) with ableton push as "one shot" sample by Ableton Drum Roll, or triggered by Tom as loop with "Maschine".
Was at show everytime in 2015/2016/2018 tour triggering by someone from Ableton/Maschine.
Last Edit: Jul 21, 2018, 19:04 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jul 21, 2018, 18:58

Can't really understand what you're talking 'bout.
Its like a wierd hiss noise that echos sound. around 4:32
wish I had the money and tech to recreate every sample they made

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 21, 2018, 17:13

I can kinda hear what you're talking about but I don't know if it's really there. The drum like things in the background do slightly sound like the tribal drums like you can hear on the 2015 Glasto recording but that might just be the distortion in the video. The weird noise / hiss is def. a one off triggered on the fly by Ed you can hear them throughout the set usually.

But that transition from UTI/IDM > Snow / S2A is completely different this time. And they're doing a lot of new stuff with the snares at 1:30, you can't hear that on Rock in Rio.
Never for money, always for love.