I See the Sun Now

2018/07/20 Milano

Started by ThePumisher, Jul 20, 2018, 17:53

Previous topic - Next topic
What the heck? I'm in Milano until Sunday and just realize they are playing there tonight  :o
Sadly I'm stuck at the airport (facking germanwings)
no idea, no idea

You fool! You foooolish foooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get your ass outta that airport and drag it to the box office!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 20, 2018, 18:16

You fool! You foooolish foooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get your ass outta that airport and drag it to the box office!

Ditto! Get over there Now!
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Csar on Jul 20, 2018, 18:16

The greater fool is Eurowings. After waiting five hours at the airport it was announced that our flight was canceled...
no idea, no idea

You were still in Germany, yes? Oh no! This is a fiasco. Both on Eurowings's end and on yours! You could have known! No, you should have known and planned ahead accordingly!:P

But in all seriousness, damn that sucks. Hope you'll be getting a flight tomorrow and a good refund from them too. Safe travels, my friend!
Last Edit: Jul 21, 2018, 07:15 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 20, 2018, 17:53

What the heck? I'm in Milano until Sunday and just realize they are playing there tonight  :o
Sadly I'm stuck at the airport (facking germanwings)
So you were still in Germany? You get some sort of compensation if you're delayed more than X number of hours don't you? Maybe request additional compensation from Suicidewings for missing a Chems gig (although you might have to fake up your proof of payment).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

We'll giving this to a lawyer, there are a couple who are specialized for those cases. Since this is one good thing the european union has done (release a law which defines how much you get) we maybe get 250€ each - minus the charge for the lawyer. This is much more than we paid for the tickets, and it will mostly compensate the price for the hotel.
no idea, no idea

Well, here's a rare sight - the show was stopped thanks to a rainstorm, creating a one-of-a-kind delay/reverb outro to Star Guitar:

It doesn't even look accidental - I think set up the extended feedback/delay chain on purpose to fill the impending silence. If I'm right about that, hot damn can they improvise well in a bad situation.

And here's them bringing it back with a new take on the Temptation intro (downstage lights covered with tarp):

which is another shocker, not just because it sounds different, but in every technical difficulty they've had before, they always picked it back up from the next song. This is the first time they've ever given a failed track a second go - and the first time they've ever played a song twice, since 1995 when they would play Chemical Beats a second time in encores mashed up with Tomorrow Never Knows.

Thanks to the lost time, Piku Playground went straight into Block Rockin Beats:

Finally - the person who took these videos filmed the entire show. Check out his channel!

NERD OUT PEOPLE

EDIT: Pumisher, don't feel so bad, they never played Snow / Surface To Air. At the same time how INCREDIBLE would it have been to hear Snow / Surface to Air in the rain?
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2018, 07:06 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 22, 2018, 06:56

Well, here's a rare sight - the show was stopped thanks to a rainstorm, creating a one-of-a-kind delay/reverb outro to Star Guitar:

It doesn't even look accidental - I think set up the extended feedback/delay chain on purpose to fill the impending silence. If I'm right about that, hot damn can they improvise well in a bad situation.
I think so too! Tom certainly was aware of the situation. First he cuts the beat, leaving just the vocals going that get looped and which then fade into the typcial interlude sweep effect at the end. This seemed very intentional, like, to make an unavoidable situation less disruptive and smoother. I would assume they sort of have an imergency plan for these kind of situations at open air gigs where they're subjected to different and changing wheather conditions.

Anyways, bravo, this was masterfully handled.

Finally - the person who took these videos filmed the entire show. Check out his channel!
Awesome! Let's see if I can stitch them together. The sound quality is excellent.
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2018, 08:58 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Piku with Elektrobank vocals is nice. "Transition" to Block is not.

After hearing the second try on Temptation / Star Guitar i must say this could be very good encore opener, although i like where it is in the set normaly
no idea, no idea

So, correct me if I'm wrong but the track does a little "pause" at that point anyway, which was kinda handy. I guess the "Bernard" vocal is overlayed on top of SG, so SG gets cut leaving the "overlaid" vocal. And yeah the feedback/delay thing definitely sounds deliberate. Now if we could just get them to play the piano parts of the track live...

in every technical difficulty they've had before, they always picked it back up from the next song. This is the first time they've ever given a failed track a second go - and the first time they've ever played a song twice, since 1995 when they would play Chemical Beats a second time in encores mashed up with Tomorrow Never Knows.
You didn't even have to check this sh*t did you?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I'm sure they had a power outage couple of years ago and restarted the show with "Do it Again"
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2018, 19:31 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I put the clips together to one consecutive audio file, if anyone's interested. For smoothness sake, I did some small cosmetic edits here and there to the segues and also adjusted the eq a bit to compensate for low-bass peaking.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/w2gzso

It's possibly their shortest set within the last 20 years. Thank you, Kalunaat, for recording this out of the ordinary set!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 22, 2018, 16:25

I put the clips together to one consecutive audio file, if anyone's interested. For smoothness sake, I did some small cosmetic edits here and there to the segues and also adjusted the eq a bit to compensate for low-bass peaking.

This sounds absolutely excellent, thanks Csar!

It's possibly their shortest set within the last 20 years. Thank you, Kalunaat, for recording this out of the ordinary set!
Shhh... there are people who attended Coachella 2011 here...

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 22, 2018, 13:08

You didn't even have to check this sh*t did you?
I have an illness
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2018, 17:58 by WhiteNoise

I put the clips together to one consecutive audio file,

Thanks.
A new sound on the end of Got To Keep On (since Rock In Rio, Lisboa). Using Csar's file, at 55.19 to 55.39; a sort of stylophone sounding high pitched synth.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

So that's new? Haven't heard the track in full yet so I hoped this was already part of it because it sounds dope! They hopefully put (or keep) that in the final version.
— Aurora (The Seed)

I like it! Adds a bit of necessary danger to the song.

Shockingly, I never seen anything like this before, yet they still make it sound beautiful
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."