Would You Like to Come Inside?

It’s Friday Y’all! (The Drinky Thread)

Started by Bosco, Aug 03, 2018, 22:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Let's Drink!

Anyone have some Chemical Brother themed recipes?
Last Edit: Jan 05, 2021, 05:41 by Bosco

Orange Wedge - your favorite wheat ale and an orange wedge
Last Edit: Aug 03, 2018, 23:53 by Bosco

Oberon is fantastic - though my favorite Bells is Lager of the Lakes.
Never for money, always for love.

come now comrade, surely we can create a potato vodka concoction.

The Get Yourself High - rum on rum. Malibu and Myers rum (neat), chased with a spliff.

Speaking of recipes, it always starts with "where do I begin" for me..
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Where Do I Begin - a simple wine cooler. Isn't this where we all begin?

Playground for a Wedgeless Firm - emphasis on the wedgeless. First start with a rock glass full of ice. 1 part Vodka, 1 part seltzer, 1 part Orange Juice. Finish it with a dash of cinnamon. Stir. Enjoy!

I'm a big fan of these.

Lemme finish up my work and I'll have some to add I'm sure.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

The Salmon Dance - (this one is a little advanced)

Ingredients :
2 Shots of a domestic style liquor of your choice
1 serving size of hot sake
Swedish fish gummies.

Directions:

1. - Place 1 Swedish fish into 1 shot domestic style liquor. Take shot but do not consume Swedish fish.

2. - Transport Swedish fish from now empty shot glass to hot sake. Consume hot sake but do not eat Swedish fish.

3. - Again, transport Swedish fish from empty sake cup to 2nd shot of domestic style liquor. Take 2nd shot and eat Swedish fish. (If fish has dissolved before the end of it's journey, repeat step 1,2, and 3. Drink faster!)
Last Edit: Aug 04, 2018, 20:13 by Bosco

The concoctions here in this thread though...  that's some next level craft cocktail mixology.

My attempt at this was so crude. One Friday night a bunch of years ago, the husband and I had the 'but-it-seemed-like-good-idea-at-the-time' idea of mixing Inca Cola with rum. Inca Cola is a super sweet, bright yellow colored soda. The concoction was sickly sweet but oddly irresistible. For a short, potent while. We stupidly dubbed it The Golden Path. Due to the toxic sugar levels and general pain in the aftermath, this drink is not recommended for anyone. My pancreas hurt just thinking about it, hahaha

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Here's  one  i  call  . . ' Get up on it Like This  '  .  .  mix  1  part  vodka  to  2  parts  Redbull  ,  add  ice  if  required ,  .  .  drink  until  you  feel  '  Galvanized  '  works for me  ,  ,   my  drink  of  choice  when  watching  live  bands.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

It's even worse, Connor. I don't even really drink (with a few exceptions of rare occations of awkward socializing moments or to sip-try the taste of some stuff, or a sip of prune/ apricor liquor which I actually like).

Pumisher is going to call for my head once again, I suppose.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yes, i do. OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!
no idea, no idea

Anyone who struggles with enjoying alcohol should try an Irish Coffee. This is a drink for everyone ( including the non-coffee drinker). It serves the same purpose as Fine Time's red bull and vodka, but it's a delightfully flavorful recipe that transcends being just an alcoholic drink. Obviously, this is not something your going to order when you go clubbing, but certainly a good sneaky way of introducing a hard liquor that originally you wouldn't like. And maybe enlightening your palate, too.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Aug 05, 2018, 06:11

My attempt at this was so crude. One Friday night a bunch of years ago, the husband and I had the 'but-it-seemed-like-good-idea-at-the-time' idea of mixing Inca Cola with rum. Inca Cola is a super sweet, bright yellow colored soda. The concoction was sickly sweet but oddly irresistible. For a short, potent while. We stupidly dubbed it The Golden Path. Due to the toxic sugar levels and general pain in the aftermath, this drink is not recommended for anyone. My pancreas hurt just thinking about it, hahaha

Inca Cola sounds like something that was slipped into some of the horrid batches of Jungle Juice Sangria I have punished myself with. So much sugar it will dissolve your teeth by the next morning.

Joke is, I still have a soft spot for soft drinks...

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 05, 2018, 22:02

Anyone who struggles with enjoying alcohol should try an Irish Coffee.
As an Irish person, I agree! However I would suggest it's sort of a winter time drink.
I like to have it if I stop into a pub on a cold Saturday/Sunday afternoon. Unless the pub is really busy in which case the barman will hate you! This may be different outside Ireland & UK.
Ideally use Jameson or Paddy whiskey. In fact Jameson is a nice mellow whiskey for anyone who has perhaps tried Scotch and found it too abrasive or tried Jack Daniels and found it too sweet (although I love Jack Daniels).

@Connor the drinking age on the European side of the Atlantic is 18, in some places even lower (French kids start drinking wine with their meal by about ten). Perhaps remind your parents of this, and that supervised drinking at home with an adult present is actually a responsble way to start drinking. Otherwise you might end up drinking some cheap crap that you guzzle in a carpark. And you'll probably associate it with rebelling and acting like an idiot. They wouldn't want that, right?
Regards
Captain Responsible.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 05, 2018, 22:02

Inca Cola sounds like something that was slipped into some of the horrid batches of Jungle Juice Sangria I have punished myself with. So much sugar it will dissolve your teeth by the next morning.

Joke is, I still have a soft spot for soft drinks...

Haha 😂 pretty much!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Aug 05, 2018, 22:40

Ideally use Jameson or Paddy whiskey. In fact Jameson is a nice mellow whiskey for anyone who has perhaps tried Scotch and found it too abrasive or tried Jack Daniels and found it too sweet (although I love Jack Daniels).

The "supposed" founding fathers that brought the drink to America reside in San Francisco at the 'Buena Vista'. They insist you use Tullamore Dew. And I can't argue cause it's damn good.

When I make them at home I usually just cheapen the experience and use Baileys (I know not a real Irish coffee!) and skip the heavy cream.

I need to host some sort of gathering in San Francisco where I can buy people some of these delicious concoctions.

I'll let everyone know when drinks are on me.

What on Earth could possibly be better? Beautiful San Francisco, you and the forumites and a good, cold glass of... water. Ahhh. Flights are booked.

Last Edit: Aug 06, 2018, 09:58 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)