Come With Us

2018/08/12 - Boardmasters Festival

Started by Csar, Aug 13, 2018, 09:12

Previous topic - Next topic
Escape/ UTI/ Snow Surface/ Galvanize

The guy at the end just sums it all up: "Sick, man. Fucking sick!"
Last Edit: Aug 13, 2018, 19:56 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I love the new way they've done UTI > S2A. And love the old way with the It Doesn't Matter drums too. Just love everything about that. You'd never expect they'd invert the segue - it's like Hoops going into S2A - but it works!
Never for money, always for love.

Aaahhh. Nice! MonoPoly arpeggios in STA not so much distorted by filter. =)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 14, 2018, 15:39
it's like Hoops going into S2A - but it works!
Hoops was after STA in 2011 tour.
Hi Kevin!

We just need more streams. More streams. MORE STREAMS.

At 15:45 in the upper video, from Surface To Air > Galvanize, what is that voice?

I'd be content with MidiMatt opening his treasure chest of live recordings already!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 14, 2018, 16:58

We just need more streams. More streams. MORE STREAMS.

At 15:45 in the upper video, from Surface To Air > Galvanize, what is that voice?
You mean that "less and less" voice?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 14, 2018, 18:32

You mean that "less and less" voice?
Yeah, I guess that's what it's saying?

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 14, 2018, 18:38

Yeah, I guess that's what it's saying?
They've been using this for quite some time now/ together with that "ooohoooo" call to go into Galvanize. Have a listen to almost any recent recording since at least the Apple festival.
Fun thing is, the sort of "trumpet" sound in the segue from UTI to Galvanize seems to be exactly that sample but heavily distorted/ time stretched. In some recordings you can barely hear what the voice says because it's so stretched.
Last Edit: Aug 14, 2018, 19:01 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

I thought it was streched "Did i pass the acid test" sample.
Hi Kevin!