Listen to Your Heart

Alexandra Palace Friday, Oct. 5

Started by ungachuck, Aug 14, 2018, 07:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi brothers and sisters,

I have 2 tickets to Friday 5th October 2018 at Alexandra Palace and we're unable to attend due to a Dad's 60th party on the same day. I'm look for a straight up swap for 2 tickets to go on Saturday 6th October 2018. Please get in touch if you know anyone that wants to swap tickets.

Thanks in advance :)

I'd love to go, but I can't afford a plane ticket (thanks trump) :'(
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I would like to swap our Saturday tickets for the Friday ones please!!!

Quote from: ungachuck on Aug 14, 2018, 07:24

Hi brothers and sisters,

I have 2 tickets to Friday 5th October 2018 at Alexandra Palace and we're unable to attend due to a Dad's 60th party on the same day. I'm look for a straight up swap for 2 tickets to go on Saturday 6th October 2018. Please get in touch if you know anyone that wants to swap tickets.

Thanks in advance :)

I would like to swap please!!!!

Quote from: Sulo37 on Aug 16, 2018, 16:52

I would like to swap please!!!!
You should send him/her a private message so she/he gets notified. Click on the name and under Actions click "send private message".
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I have two tickets for Saturday 6th of Oct if anyone wants to swap for x2 Friday tickets?

I presume the person who first posted has made their swap already.

Could be interested in this swap, will let you know.

1st. Is the Facebook group no more or did I just not get the memo I wasn't part of it anymore or something? Maybe I'm doing something stupid on my phone.

2nd. What's going on, where are we all meeting up?

3rd. What's good with y'all?
Last Edit: Oct 14, 2018, 22:16 by Csar

I still have these tickets to swap if anyone is interested...

Hi

I have two last minute tickets available for today's concert at Alexandra Palace. Happy to meet outside the venue to arrange. Please send me a private message, thanks!

Quote from: Explud on Oct 05, 2018, 16:57

I think Beck will be live this time.

Glad I wasn't the only one, according to what Tom posted on IG

though I imagine they're just playing his song to test the sound system instead, but who knows!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Explud on Oct 05, 2018, 16:57

I think Beck will be live this time.
Nope

Quote from: hstn on Oct 05, 2018, 17:16

who knows!
Me. Beck is on tour in America so I wasn't expecting him.

Setlist was basically the same as Paris. I probably found it easier to listen to/analyse the new transition thingy before Wide Open on that excellent Paris footage than I could tonight. The beginning of Wide Open itself felt like an aural mess for me. That may have just been the soundsystem though. The bass was fine but some of the mid-range could have been more expansive.

Some additional observations:
Swoon works better live than anywhere else. It seems to prompt easy-going disco dancing from the crowd.
Ally Pally possesses zero heating, so gigs in Winter can be cold. But tonight was so warm you could see steam!
People still go nuts to HBHG in a way that frankly baffles me. On the plus side, they also seemed to really dig Got To Keep On.
Nice touch: placing the disco balls halfway out into the venue, not just over the stage. Beautiful effect.
Ed waves too much.
During EBW7 I wished I was on E. It felt partcularly 'clubby' tonight.
I miss the robots once theyre gone (this incidentally, will be the title of my forthcoming novel.  :) )
People with backpacks and large handbags need to stop dancing in a way that smacks their bags against other people.
Mad As Hell kicks ass (metaphorically, thank goodness).

If like me, you were totally caught out by the way they sold out two nights at this venue, do not despair (London people, if you're reading this). The touts were selling lots of tickets. The start time of course was 9 not 8.45, and if you wait til 9.10 or 9.15 (and uh, miss the first 2 minutes of Free Yourself  ::)) you can talk the touts down to £20 a ticket. Don't worry about the "lead booker/photo ID" stuff, the door staff didn't give a sh*t. If they ask, tell them your "lead booker" has already gone in ahead.
Venue "pro tip": when you walk into the actual gig space, turn right, go down the BACK of the venue and up the far right hand wall. There is always more space over there, and you can get reasonably near the front even if the gig has started.

I imagine they will play London again in the next year or so. I mean they've only actually released two tracks one track since their 2016 BITE gigs (which is why I'm baffled that they sold out to 20,000 for this weekend as opposed to 10,000 for the weekend in 2016). Surely they will play again once the album is out...
Nothing I could have recorded tonight would have been as good as that incredible Paris footage.

I've tried to post a picture of a projection on the outside of the venue (not that exciting TBH) but Tinypic is down at the moment. Can anyone else recommend a free, easy-to-use photo-hosting service? For dummies?
Oh I've just realised there's a better pic on the Chems twitter. But mine has a London bus in it!

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1048280417747554304
IT'S MORNING TIME!

yeah, Beck is only tagged in the instagram post because his track 'Golden Age' is in the background.

Thanks for the review Wolkenkrabber.

Thanks for the review, Wolkenkrabber!
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 06, 2018, 00:33

Some additional observations:
Swoon works better live than anywhere else. It seems to prompt easy-going disco dancing from the crowd.
People still go nuts to HBHG in a way that frankly baffles me. On the plus side, they also seemed to really dig Got To Keep On.
Yep, they're superb crowd pleasers. I am personally not yet bored of them as much as I was with OOC. I guess HBHG will almost never leave their sets as it's so popular and always triggers people to sing along with the vocal sample.

Nice touch: placing the disco balls halfway out into the venue, not just over the stage. Beautiful effect.
Yeah, isn't that awesome?! It creates such an immersive, dreamy atmosphere in such a simple yet effective fashion, it's just ace.

Ed waves too much.
Haha, true.

I miss the robots once theyre gone (this incidentally, will be the title of my forthcoming novel.  :) )
It's just too short of an experience, isn't it?

People with backpacks and large handbags need to stop dancing in a way that smacks their bags against other people.
Surprised they would even let folks with backpacks in.

I've tried to post a picture of a projection on the outside of the venue (not that exciting TBH) but Tinypic is down at the moment. Can anyone else recommend a free, easy-to-use photo-hosting service? For dummies?
Oh I've just realised there's a better pic on the Chems twitter. But mine has a London bus in it!
If you aren't afraid of using a German service, you can try this one.
https://abload.de/
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Imgur is super easy and quick

It just doesn't give you the direct link automatically - once you upload, right click the image and say "Open image in new tab" in Chrome or "View image" in Firefox until you get a URL / tab that ends in .jpg or .png, or whatever.
Never for money, always for love.

Was that the projection you talked about, Wolkenkrabber? Looks cool.

Last Edit: Oct 10, 2018, 08:57 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Cool pics! Any videos or recordings of this show? Just curios; asking the obvious. When is the new album? I like Mas As Hell because...

We're not going to take it no more lol

I'm mad as hell Free Yourself was released before Mad as Hell. MAH superior track.
Never for money, always for love.