Turn Off Your Mind, Relax, and Float Downstream

2018/09/08 - Live in Athens

Started by Csar, Sep 12, 2018, 21:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Is is just me or does this beautiful and way too short clip of Hold Tight London sound a bit different compared to other renditions this tour?

And why do people record just 2 minute clips and cut off randomly? Makes me mad everytime.

At least there's am almost full clip of Wide Open
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Definitely different.

The bassline is played on a different synth, and the vibe just feels more mellow and dark.
Very nice.

But yeah. Why stop recording ???
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I highly agree, its stupidfyingly annoying. especially when you're trying to assemble clips like me. Is there a law where phones are required to stop recording after 2 minutes.

but when they read the logo, tho 8)
Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018, 01:57 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

There should be a law that makes recording half-baked clips a punishable offense :D

Can anybody tell what tune they play between 3:32 and 3:45? Never heard that before.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 13, 2018, 09:28
Can anybody tell what tune they play between 3:32 and 3:45? Never heard that before.

I'm guessing it's from James Holroyd support, just wrongly edited in.  ???

Edit: No, there are still balls bouncing from Saturate, so it's actually the Chems.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: Csar on Sep 13, 2018, 09:28

F&ck that, can anyone ID the chick at 1.46?

*EDIT* No offence to Csar; I haven't got a clue. Thought I'd go for a snappy one-liner instead.
Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018, 14:30 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Csar on Sep 12, 2018, 21:40

Is is just me or does this beautiful and way too short clip of Hold Tight London sound a bit different compared to other renditions this tour?

Love that change up!

Quote from: kosek on Sep 13, 2018, 12:40

Edit: No, there are still balls bouncing from Saturate, so it's actually the Chems.
Could have been after the Chems if there was another DJ after them in the lineup, and security didn't take the balls away?
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: kosek on Sep 13, 2018, 12:40

I'm guessing it's from James Holroyd support, just wrongly edited in.  ???

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Sep 13, 2018, 16:36

Could have been after the Chems if there was another DJ after them in the lineup, and security didn't take the balls away?
I think you're both right. The edit is a bit sloppy so I guess it's indeed from another artist's set. It just doesn't fit with the usual chems.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 13, 2018, 12:57

*EDIT* No offence to Csar; I haven't got a clue. Thought I'd go for a snappy one-liner instead.
You get a brownie point, though, for spotting that beautiful lady!
Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018, 19:41 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 13, 2018, 12:57

It's not Jeannie
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 13, 2018, 20:12

It's not Jeanie
Beanie!

P.S. We miss you so much.
P.P.S. I'm not checking registered users everytime, so i don't really know about her account here.
Hi Kevin!

Lets hope that if they do an encore for alexandra palace, someone is kind enough to record it in its whole for us.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 12, 2018, 22:39

The bassline is played on a different synth, and the vibe just feels more mellow and dark.
Very nice.

Its also heard in Munich as well, but the synth is louder at athens

the (still shortened) Reel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xseyk4GDUZE&ab_channel=ggvidggg
I love the wooden instrument esq pattern they used in the intro
Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018, 19:14 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Sep 19, 2018, 18:33
Its also heard in Munich as well, but the synth is louder at athens
It just sounds live from some machine this time, not from prerecorded track as in early shows.

P.S. I guess it's Korg Minilogue, sounds like it.
Last Edit: Sep 19, 2018, 19:37 by Explud
Hi Kevin!