It Doesn't Matter

Rank the Chems Albums (one last time before the new one comes out)

Started by WhiteNoise, Sep 29, 2018, 04:13

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: neorev on Sep 28, 2018, 19:20

It's definitely toward the bottom of my Chem Bros album list...

01 Surrender
02 Dig Your Own Hole
03 Exit Planet Dust
04 We Are The Night
05 Further
06 Come With Us
07 Born In The Echoes
08 Push The Button
Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Sep 28, 2018, 23:28

Ah, we're playing this game now..?  ;D
It's that topic again.

I know what mine is, but I'm gonna save it for a bit later once discussion has started.
Never for money, always for love.

To confirm mine...

01 Surrender
02 Dig Your Own Hole
03 Exit Planet Dust
04 We Are The Night
05 Further
06 Come With Us
07 Hanna
08 Born In The Echoes
09 Push The Button
Last Edit: Oct 02, 2018, 16:46 by neorev

::sigh::,  you did this to make me look bad after Whirly poured her heart out for WATN on the other page...

I'll just say, my list hasn't changed from the last time we did this.

I have no list, I lost it along the way that brought me here. But I'll say this: I love We Are the Night and Push the Button.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I've changed list a little bit, seeing now how often I return to BITE, so:

Further
Surrender
We are the night
Come with us
Push the button
Dig your own hole
Born in the echoes
Exit planet dust
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Surrender
Dig your own hole
We are the night
Push the Button
Exit Planet Dust
Further (why horse power ????)
Come with us (denmark...i truely dislike this one)
Born in the echoes

My subjective ratings:

1. Exit Planet Dust
2. Further
3. Surrender

4. We Are The Night
5. Dig Your Own Hole
6. Come With Us

7. Hanna
8. Push the Button

9. Born in the Echoes

Surrender
Dig your own hole
Exit planet dust
Come With us
Born in the echoes
Further
We are the night
Push the button

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Further
Surrender
Come With Us
Born in the Echoes
Hanna
We Are the Night
Exit Planet Dust
Dig Your Own Hole
Push the Button
The devil is in the details

Ok, my list is this:

1) FURTHER!!!: actually is in my top 3 favorites records of all time. I remember the listening party chat when Escape Velocity premiered. I don't know,  Further is magical, it's "Chemical Brothers essence". It's and amazing jorney from the beginning at the end. I hope to see another "non-colab" chems album.

2) Surrender: What a very interesting "mix" of electronic music!

3) We Are The Night: I remember the day I listened for the first time, it was sunday at 6am when I was going home after a party with my highschool friends, I was sooo happy when I heard the all the "Sunshine Underground" noises at the beginning of WATN. Also the WATN tour was the first time I saw the live at Creamfields Buenos Aires 2007, with LCD Soundsystem in their Sound of Silver tour, damn 2007 was amazing.

4) Dig Your Own Hole: The first album I heard from the Chems. My cousin lent it to me and he said "this is going to like you" ... he was right, I was about 10 years old and I remember recording some songs on my walkman and listening to them at recess in my elementary school. All my classmates told me I was crazy, that it was not music, they called me Martian haha, oh god, thank God I stopped talking and I do not even remember who they were.

5) Push The Button: GOD, what a good record! Surface To Air and The Boxer made my mind explode. I was already in high school and I remember that in all the meetings we listened to Galvanize. I also remember that at that time it was the first time (and I hope last) that I missed the Chems live, they came to Argentina in 2004 (pre-PTB tour), I was 14-15 years old and my parents did not let me Go ... the show was canceled by a strong storm after an hour, I think.

6) Born In The Echoes: I do not know why there is so much "anger" with this album, it's very good! I loved Just Bang, EML Ritual, I'll see you There ... I think it's a mix between something a bit commercial and a real Chems record, but it's not bad at all. I have high hopes for the new album.

7) Come With Us/Exit Planet Dust: It makes me angry that these records are so low on the list. I can not choose one or the other, they have their good and funny things. Something funny: in 2009 I made a trip with my mother from Mendoza to Puerto Madryn (1500-1600km) and when I started driving, I put the Come with Us CD and it got stuck in the haha CD player, I still remember the my mother's face when it sounded "It Began in Afrika-ka-ka-ka"

8 ) Hanna: Nothing in particular against this album, for me it is not a 100% Chemical Brothers record, it is an excellent soundtrack, but it is based on the work of another person.

This was fun, sorry for my English and thanks Google translator.

Been revisiting lots of the past few weeks.

Right now I'm feeling it like this:

We Are The Night (I already sounded off in that underrated thread)
Further (Literally transports me everytime)
Dig Your Ow...

Fuck man, I'm not good at these lists, hahaha
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: nekoland on Oct 02, 2018, 15:01
. I remember the listening party chat when Escape Velocity premiered

That was cool. Who was the guy that took his shirt off and went absolutely bonkers when it kicked off?
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

01 Dig Your Own Hole
02 Come With Us
03 Surrender
04 Exit Planet Dust
05 Born In The Echoes
06 We Are The Night
07 Further
08 Push The Button

01 Dig your own Hole (My 1st album, I made a good choice. the tracks on here put them on the map)
02 Surrender (Love the psychedelic Feel, but Under the influence is what made this album #2)
03 Exit Planet dust (I always love pre 97 breakbeat)
04 We are the night (had a bit of a pink floyd feel to it, the cover reminds me of division bell too)
05 Come with Us (when I feel they gone commercial, looking at you Star Guitar)
06 Push The Button (Felt was a commercial album)
07 Born in the Echoes (no comment, the only track that has me is EML Ritual and I'll see you there)
08 Further (dont kill me, too many slow songs)
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Oct 08, 2018, 23:45
08 Further (dont kill me, too many slow songs)
You like The Division Bell, but Further was too slow for you?

See what you started WN, with this unnecessary re-boot of a thread we already had?
It's so difficult to accept people's "wrong" opinions.
And now I'm gonna add....

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Oct 08, 2018, 23:45

they gone commercial, looking at you Star Guitar
I don't normally defend CWU, but Star Guitar is commercial? With it's lyrics encouraging people to take E and it's arty train video?
Well wait 'til you check out a track called Hey Boy Hey Girl on your No 2 pick: Surrender. Because that's the shallowest chant-along single they ever released!
Just sayin'.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I knew my opinions were controversial
Quote from: WhiteNoise on Oct 09, 2018, 00:08

You like The Division Bell, but Further was too slow for you?

I said WATN reminds me of Division bell's album cover. on the contrary, its the only Pink floyd album I never sat down and heard tho.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 09, 2018, 00:36

See what you started WN, with this unnecessary re-boot of a thread we already had?
It's so difficult to accept people's "wrong" opinions.
And now I'm gonna add....
I don't normally defend CWU, but Star Guitar is commercial? With it's lyrics encouraging people to take E and it's arty train video?
Well wait 'til you check out a track called Hey Boy Hey Girl on your No 2 pick: Surrender. Because that's the shallowest chant-along single they ever released!
Just sayin'.
but coming out of Surrender, Come with us was... different for me. It had a bit of a funkier take on their style (like Galaxy Bounce, IBIA, and even the title track) but Star guitar was a complete jump from the style I've heard in their past 3 albums. its like (horrible comparison) hearing Elvis Presley perform Motley Crue.

Don't get me wrong, I still love Star guitar but it stands out from the album, to me that is.

again sorry if I offended anyone, its just my opinion.
Last Edit: Oct 09, 2018, 10:01 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

1 - all albums exept born in the echoes
2 - born in the echoes

Wow, you guys still here, good to see! :) Off sick following an operation and I knew I could count on the forum to cheer me up:

01 Surrender (Always has and always will be my fave - 1999 was my all time fave year for many reasons, this album always takes me back. Plus, Kate Gibb's artwork won't ever be beaten)
02 Dig Your Own Hole (Groundbreaking, and that cover!)
03 Further (Simply incredible, what a journey, what a story, what visuals!)
04 Exit Planet Dust (Where it all began!)
05 We Are The Night (2007, My second time seeing them in Birmingham - amazing set, the WATN tracks were better live imo)
06 Push The Button (Saw them twice around this time, 04 in Wolves, where they previewed a lot of the PTB tracks, and a surprise appearance from Tim Burgess for Life is Sweet! It was amazing)
07 Born In The Echoes (Digged a lot of this album, but PTB gets in front because of STA/Galvanize)
08 Come With Us (Even though Star Guitar is one of my all time faves)
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

:bump:

Maybe a little early to bump this, but I'm interested in the early take of where 'No Geography' ranks among everyones list so far.