For That Beautiful Feeling

Paris October 3, 2018

Started by makmeurfi, Oct 02, 2018, 21:49

Previous topic - Next topic
Dear Chemical family,
Unfortunately I cannot attend the concert tomorrow night in Paris (Bercy). Very sad, because seeing them on stage 10-15 years ago was somewhat the best live experience of my life !!
2 tickets, category 1, looks well positioned... anyone interested ?? I'd rather leave them to real fans, I promise a very good price reduction :-)
Just get in touch directly with me and we'll figure out how to manage it !
Xavier

Hi, anyone got the setlist?
or a link to get it.
I did not get all of the tracks
thanks

Hi and welcome,androspoulos! I would assume it's the same as the day before in Amsterdam:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-chemical-brothers/2018/afas-live-amsterdam-netherlands-63e90e27.html
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Okay here we go:

Got Glint at 54:49
Transition at (roughly) 59:16

The transition is so cool. @Ben_j I hear the Lethal Cut similarity in the acid line. That vocal chop part is so cool, I love how they repurpose so many elements from Wide Open and give them this wild disco attitude.

Also this new acid house version of Got Glint might be my favorite yet!
Never for money, always for love.

New Got Glint sounds good, but still love the playful "brown note" version.

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 04, 2018, 17:13

New Got Glint sounds good, but still love the playful "brown note" version.
Hell yeah! Babbadaaaam babbadaaaam!

I like this one too but think HTL was better suited to lead into Wide Open.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This thing can be a teaser of new material.
Hi Kevin!

they're playing James Tenny's Rising before the reel :o

also should've HELD off the hold tight banner when performing got glint
Last Edit: Oct 05, 2018, 01:27 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Could the unidentified vocal chop come from edited vocal elements of 'Swoon'? I'm not convinced it's new material, it sounds too familiar and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Agree on the similarity to the acid line to Propellerheads', 'Lethal Cut'. Great spot Ben_j

Last Edit: Oct 04, 2018, 22:05 by Bosco

Quote from: Explud on Oct 04, 2018, 19:23

This thing can be a teaser of new material.
After listening again, it uses a lot of Wide Open sounds

It does. But the bassline and the vocals sound so deliberately tweaked with changes in harmony, I could see a song in there. Maybe it's b-side material in the making?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Btw sound quality is so good in this video, maybe he recorded the full show?
Hi Kevin!

Fuck yeah!

Updated: sound quality is poor.. fuck, iPhones record sound better these days!
Last Edit: Oct 05, 2018, 13:38 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

This youtube video is one of the best recordings I've seen!
Eight or over.

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 04, 2018, 21:42

Could the unidentified vocal chop come from edited vocal elements of 'Swoon'?
This was my first thought.

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 05, 2018, 08:17

After listening again, it uses a lot of Wide Open sounds
This was my second thought. But after a few listens, I don't think we've heard the vocal before, so maybe that vocal is an "offcut" or indeed something that's actually on the new album (more Aurora perhaps?)

**EDIT** NEW IDEA! That 'female' vocal is actually a massively pitched up bit of the plaintive/melancholy "aah" backing vox from Wide Open. It's...Beck! STOP LAUGHING!!

Quote from: Explud on Oct 05, 2018, 11:26

Btw sound quality is so good in this video, maybe he recorded the full show?
Good thought. Has anyone asked?

BTW, I'm a bit jealous of Paris getting 2ManyDJs. No one else got that! Can anyone 'review' their set?
Last Edit: Oct 06, 2018, 15:57 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

An interesting perspective on that video, both on the crowd and on the stage. Sadly, most video bits are really short, and not in the right order, but you can see how huge the arena is and you see the stage from an unusual point of view

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 06, 2018, 13:03
**EDIT** NEW IDEA! That 'female' vocal is actually a massively pitched up bit of the plaintive/melancholy "aah" backing vox from Wide Open. It's...Beck! STOP LAUGHING!!

Yep that's exactly what I thought

i'm pretty sure that some picture has been taken after the live  ::)

Quote from: climbatize92 on Oct 07, 2018, 15:08

any reupload pls ?
Not worth it. The sound is terrible.
Hi Kevin!