So We Rollin' With the Chemicals and We Got the New Sound

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm gonna take you at your word and be extremely sad when nothing happens.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 07, 2023, 19:01
My prediction is an email within the next two hours.
lol, what a stupid prediction

ChemHQ has around 5 minutes left to make you an even greater forum legend.

Bold prediction considering...Chemical Brothers HQ is probably home by now. If they're based out of London...it's like 9:00pm right now. Looking back at emails, they normally send emails at start of day UTC (9-10:00am) or end of day UTC (5-6:00pm) .
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 07, 2023, 20:24
lol, what a stupid prediction
I'm going to sue you for um, hurt feelings or something.
Not that I receive Chems emails from them anymore...

I will admit that I've got a phone alarm set up for Thursday night, midnight to check the Chems YT Channel.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Ben_j, you're my kind of guy. You took your shot in front of everybody, and failed miserably.

I looked at the previous emails and the time they were sent at, it was mostly between 7 ant 9 PM (CET) so if they were planning for a release on friday, it would have made sense to announce ot yesterday evening.

I gambled and I lost.

click

So next Friday, St Patrick's Day. Woo!

"pre save" (made up expression...)
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Check your emails, new music previews!
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 08, 2023, 14:31
WHAT WHERE I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANYTHING
Nevermind it was in my inbox a few minutes later. Impatient ;D

The track itself is of course no surprise as we've already heard it from DJ and live bootlegs, but it feels sooooooooo good to finally have something official!
So, full song next Friday, maybe with an album announcement?

Note to music publishers/record labels/whatever: What in seven hells is a pre-save I don't want a fucking pre-save to a fucking streaming service whose only purpose is to lock users into a music supplier and quench as much revenue as possible for the shareholders please just give us physical releases on a CD and vinyl (with B-sides thankyouverymuch) and I'll willingly throw money at you.

One thing I noticed for the first time with this email.

Greetings chemical brothers, sisters, and siblings,
Gender non-conformity kind of acknowledged. Neat!

Took a look back at old emails and see the marketing team has been including this in emails since at least 2020 when they announced GTKO pink vinyl. Might be even earlier but I don't have many emails prior to that. Nothing special, but I thought it was interesting.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 08, 2023, 19:43
One thing I noticed for the first time with this email.
Gender non-conformity kind of acknowledged. Neat!

Took a look back at old emails and see the marketing team has been including this in emails since at least 2020 when they announced GTKO pink vinyl. Might be even earlier but I don't have many emails prior to that. Nothing special, but I thought it was interesting.
Really grateful for the GNC/queer representation from Chemical HQ!!!

I think this has been showing up at *least* since No Geography? If not C-H-E-M-I-C-A-L, but either way very awesome to see on their part
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I have played the 34 seconds preview something like 50 times already. It's too short, I need more !

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 08, 2023, 14:28
Damn, I was only half a day off

So it's 2 hours + half a day then! Now, could you make a prediction for the album, please?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Mar 09, 2023, 11:26
So it's 2 hours + half a day then! Now, could you make a prediction for the album, please?
I voted for June on the other thread

Aw, couldn't you have just said April?!?

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

So Ed does read FB comments!

Please log in to view this attachment.

Hope to see you more on the forum again when the album comes out.

Last Edit: Mar 11, 2023, 15:17 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)