Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic
I suspect that this is a teaser for further shows, maybe even an extensive fall tour (please please), rather than a live album announcement. The Chems stated several times in recent years that they're spending time time in the sudio working on new material, which does sound like they're going to release a new album.

Quote from: Stefan on Feb 18, 2018, 15:41

I suspect that this is a teaser for further shows
2010 called, it want's the further shows back  :P
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Feb 18, 2018, 16:19

2010 called, it want's the further shows back  :P
Oh dear goodness yes please! Seeing Further performed live in full would be a dream coming true!

New visual perhaps. Maybe tomorrow more announcements hopefully!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

"LIVE AUTUMN 2018"

Is this just an announcement of the coming tour ? (This could mean more non festival shows, not just the Paris one)
OHHHH it's a tour. They wouldn't announce it like this (specifically Autumn) while still having a bunch of festival shows in the summer if they didn't intend to properly tour in the Autumn.

I am so excited right now. They've really only done mostly-festival tours since I was a fan fan, jumped on the bus after We Are The Night had come and gone.

I mean I know there's a chance I'm wrong, but this excitement still feels good.
Last Edit: Feb 18, 2018, 18:29 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Would love another 'Bowl' show!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 18, 2018, 14:11

I think that aerial might be the one at Alexandra Palace (the BBC's very first broadcast aerial, fact fans!).
Gee, you guys are so knowledgable all the time and digging up the oddest facts, it's staggering! I feel so small.

It does look like a proper live announcement for 18. That, or we're going to get a live album :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Feb 18, 2018, 20:51

Gee, you guys are so knowledgable all the time and digging up the oddest facts, it's staggering! I feel so small.
In isolation that comment does seem super nerdy! But Alexandra Palace is a famous gig venue these days, and I've been there a bunch of times (and there's a plaque on the wall relating to the broadcast aerial). I will be amazed if the Chems London date doesn't turn out to be at "Ally Pally" as it is affectionately known.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 18, 2018, 21:25

I will be amazed if the Chems London date doesn't turn out to be at "Ally Pally" as it is affectionately known.
You also have nostradamus-esque abilities! The Ally Pally it is!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 18, 2018, 14:11

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/965199736587325440

I think that aerial might be the one at Alexandra Palace (the BBC's very first broadcast aerial, fact fans!). Not sure if that's a hint at a venue or just a nice picture. I'm betting on more gigs, not a live album.
the real question is that are they announcing a world tour or just announcing a performance for one place, and if they are, where?

Quote from: androidgeoff on Feb 19, 2018, 18:44

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=124.0;attach=439;image
I gotta bookmark that :))
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

So does this mean the Chems follow you on Facebook as well as on Twitter, WN?
Keep us posted if he replies to you.

I think Ed may have occasionally done some solo DJ sets -of reggae stuff- in the past. But probably within about five miles of his house:  2008 forum link.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Doing the Lord's work aren't you WN?

Big ass fridge with a matching oven! I see surrender in the back. Probably from Gibbs herself! And that table! Tom's got good taste.
Last Edit: Feb 22, 2018, 19:49 by inchemwetrust

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Feb 22, 2018, 19:42
Big ass fridge with a matching oven! I see surrender in the back. Probably from Gibbs herself! And that table! Tom's got good taste.
Also, there's a drum machine in the picture.

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 04, 2018, 16:54
So it begins:
https://twitter.com/Midimatt001/status/970338966938546176
I wonder if those are just for rehearsal or if they're ditching the Serge Modular shaped shelves.
Last Edit: Jul 25, 2023, 08:25 by Explud