Where Do I Begin?

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic
So, if they release a single in Semptember, that means it won't be long until a proper album release, right - at least earlier than December?
Ok, just read it and Ed says the album will be due next year. Hm...  :(

Last question: Any new infos on the new album?

Everyone who comes to our current shows is going to hear at least four songs that will definately be on the new record. The single is going to be called Free Yourself and will probably be released in September. The album next year. We will be playing gigs in September and then spend some time in the studio, and yes, we are excited as well. It's going to be danceable for sure!
Last Edit: Aug 16, 2018, 19:00 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Well, we'll just have to wait to look forward to it a little longer.

But... I didn't dream anything about September. This can't be correct.

No but seriously. Any news is good news. I am so gosh darn pumped for this record.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 27, 2018, 08:08

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/the-chemical-brothers-bernard-sumner-called-us-a-bunch-of-wurzels-1.3672871

=>

so Free Yourself and Mad As Hell became our new electronic battle weapons

so there's not only EBW12?

On our new album, we work with a Norwegian girl called Aurora, who is incredibly talented.
The first confirmation from the brothers themselve? Except the live visuals of course
Last Edit: Oct 27, 2018, 09:42 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Stefan on Oct 27, 2018, 08:08

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/the-chemical-brothers-bernard-sumner-called-us-a-bunch-of-wurzels-1.3672871
Thank you for this gem! This is such a beautiful and intriguing interview, one of the best in a long long time, it just comes straight from the heart!
Sad to hear, though, that they feel like the end is nearer than not, but he said, and I take Ed at his words here, they'll keep on playing until no one comes to their gigs anymore (cause that will never ever happen ;)).
Also, I wonder what made them feel that their live shows in the early 2000s weren't that enjoyable. Thus, I'm glad to know they have so much fun right now!
Loved all the tidbits about their touring routine. These little Wurzels! :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Oct 27, 2018, 15:08
Sad to hear, though, that they feel like the end is nearer than not,

Well, they're 47/48 years old so it has to be closer to the end - otherwise, they would need to play in their 70's :) On the other side Jean Michelle Jarre is 70 years old and playing some weak ass trancey stuff and jumping like an idiot on the stage (worst gig I've ever attended). But yeah - hearing Ed say such stuff makes you kinda realize the end is coming and it will be heartbreaking. That feeling that you'll never see them live again... Never another record...
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I enjoyed the Irish Times interview! Ed seems so content! And yes it did seem straight from the heart. I love that they greatly value what they do and hope they too know how greatly valued their music is in our lives! I'm sure this is known, but it's sweet to see it verbalized and in print. As for the nearer-to-end bit, it is realistic point of view. I also recall this has been hinted at in prior interviews so who knows what the future holds. I'm just glad to have what we have now, and know there's some fresh new stuff on the horizon!  Most of all I'm glad to hear they are happy and content at this point in their career. Bring it on, gentlemen!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Re-tweeted by the Chems a few minutes ago. If anyone thinks this should be in a dfferent thread, feel free to move it:

https://twitter.com/dezeen/status/1065923702062280704

We got the title "Got To Keep On" from that French SACEM list but we don't actually know if that's correct. Some of the other titles on there were a bit chopped up or incomplete. It is referred to as "Gotta Keep On Makin' Me High" in the article. But then again, Galvanize is referred to as "Push The Button", so I don't know if we can trust this article either!
Last Edit: Nov 25, 2018, 21:16 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Does he have a copy of the extremely rare 'Strictly Limited Edition'?

Legend has it nearly 98% of the copies where lost in a nuclear waste accident. Some copies made its way to the public unscathed, and an unknown amount survived exposure, which are currently being quarantined. Some say the existing radioactive copies have mutated, and have been carefully harvested by The Chemical Brothers. As a result, one  of their reconstruction, spawned 'Superflash'. Unfortunately, the toxicity has not subsided, and have been authorized by UKAEA to cease and desist. It will never be released in individual physical format, ever.

So those who have witnessed 'Superflash' live, you probably have an above normal amount of radiation exposure.

Just so you know...

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 28, 2018, 21:29

So those who have witnessed 'Superflash' live, you probably have an above normal amount of radiation exposure.

Just so you know...

I'm OK with that.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

VFX sequence for GKOMMH (the article refers It to 'Keep On')
http://labmeta.net/site/chembros/
https://vimeo.com/299485198
Last Edit: Dec 03, 2018, 17:52 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I second that!

— Aurora (The Seed)

Splendid. The first time we've heard the track in a non-live or dj setting. Alebit only a snippet.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Dammn I'm so excited for this track! With those bell sounds, it would be perfect for a Christmas release  ;D