The Brothers Gonna Work It Out

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on May 29, 2019, 22:58

Uncle Eddy @Buckingham

I love this! Even stars can be a little star struck 🤩
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

You guys!! Guys, I am in love with Ed's new puppy!

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jun 01, 2019, 02:50

You guys!! Guys, I am in love with Ed's new puppy!

Right!? My wife wouldn't stop looking at the photos.
Lil' Frank <3
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Apparently, We've Got to Try director Ninian Doff won an award for best music video in a German competition.

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1135646750843252736

Well deserved!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

#surrender20!!!

Edit: whoops I see this was posted in two other threads. Feel free to delete!

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Jun 06, 2019, 12:18

#surrender20!!!

Edit: whoops I see this was posted in two other threads. Feel free to delete!

I see nothing wrong with spreading the love!

Surrender 20  news should be added to every thread on this board!

I take it on Monday we will just be getting some news? In this digital age I guess it could possible be a digital deluxe album.

I'm worried we are expecting a box set but I don't think anything is confirmed in that department. Roll on monday
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Sneaker on Jun 06, 2019, 15:12

Surrender 20  news should be added to every thread on this board!

I take it on Monday we will just be getting some news? In this digital age I guess it could possible be a digital deluxe album.

I'm worried we are expecting a box set but I don't think anything is confirmed in that department. Roll on monday

Yes, roll on Monday! Personally I'll be happy with whatever is announced (or released) to celebrate Surrender's 20th as it's just a bonus to an already extra era of the Chems.

But for real, the Chemical teases drive me nuts, haha!

I moved the Flashback Friday related messages to the dedicated topic, please use it for further discussion on the subject

Lovely! Ed's retweet contains the word "охуенно" ;D

Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

The Chems apparently have won the Bose Innovation Award of the O2 Silver Clew Awards. For those (like me), who didn't know that this is:

"The O2 Silver Clef Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding talent of the winning artists who through their music have touched the lives of many thousands of people. This event helps to raise vital funds ensuring that Nordoff Robbins is able to continue delivering music therapy to support vulnerable people across the UK and allows us the opportunity to give something back to the music industry who support us so generously throughout the year."

https://www.nordoff-robbins.org.uk/o2-silver-clef-awards#2019%20winners
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 07, 2019, 20:15

How cute's that?
https://twitter.com/NordoffRobbins1/status/1147113113608757250

...I'm not crying...You're crying...STOP CUTTING ONIONS!!! (Runs away being too emotional).

Being noted by Nordoff Robbins makes me want to know more about what Ed did for his academia work gathering that he specialized on psychotherapy. I wonder if he had elements of music therapy within his research / analysis. I could see him taking his global experiences observing the responses of different audiences and creating an academic study on the effects of music from sociological perspective. I imagine he could easily do qualitative interviews and collect data just from his connections in the music industry.... Did I just go all academic... dammit I did...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Jul 08, 2019, 00:39

...I'm not crying...You're crying...STOP CUTTING ONIONS!!! (Runs away being too emotional).

Being noted by Nordoff Robbins makes me want to know more about what Ed did for his academia work gathering that he specialized on psychotherapy. I wonder if he had elements of music therapy within his research / analysis. I could see him taking his global experiences observing the responses of different audiences and creating an academic study on the effects of music from sociological perspective. I imagine he could easily do qualitative interviews and collect data just from his connections in the music industry.... Did I just go all academic... dammit I did...
No, you stop cutting onions! Honestly, I wiped away some water from my eye too.

I like your academic approach. Still nobody knows what he actually studied, no?
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: rynostar on Jul 08, 2019, 00:39

Good observation Professor Ryno (nice ring to it) Its a good question to ask too because It totally relates to some degree of Ed's studies. Plus, I can definitely see him working with Nordoff Robbins in some shape or form.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Came here to give praises for the recognition received for their achievements, stayed because I got a little something in my eye, My heart got all warm and fuzzy watching that clip with Evie. ❤️

How cute's that?
https://twitter.com/NordoffRobbins1/status/1147113113608757250
[/quote]

Such a little cutie
Music is so powerfull weapon in battle with any sadness/sickness/illness
I know it by myself as it was one of the driving forces for my fight with depression which I won so I guess I can prove it just with the fact that I'm here smiling to the others :D
And I really feel happy when I see young Kids like Evie playing with instruments because who know maybe in the future those kids will be the next musical Prodigies?
That's why I think that we should let the kids play with music for example show them how the vinyl works or let them play by their own in the music apps maybe teach them something as I noticed that when I showed my cousin how I play "Da Funk"  he just watched which buttons i pressed and started to repeat one or three sounds by himself now when he's 10yo my aunt told me that he started to listen to Daft Punk and others by himself and other good one example which makes me happy was when I listened to the Prodigy's "We Live Forever" when my 5yo cousin (they are brothers btw) just started to headbang then I told him "If you want to dance just do it!" and he started raving as he can xD it was really funny watching how he enjoyed this one :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Music has made me a much healthier, more stable person.  Makes sense to me.  <3