Back With Another One of Those Block Rockin' Beats

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: nalaknip on Feb 05, 2022, 06:02

Never thought about Don't Think, until the mentioning of it on the official Twitter and Instagram feeds. I was wondering if it might be something to celebrate DYOH turning 25.
Would be lovely to have TPPR guaranteed in sets. Could very much be shows to support their next album though, i'm surprised its show being announced rather than a new tune.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Yeah, it probably will be new shows. I might check out the hotels near the Ally Pally again, just incase.

Since the post mentions "UK fans" specifically, it would only make sense if this is a tour. We already know that more UK dates are planned.

Quote from: nalaknip on Feb 05, 2022, 15:13

Yeah, it probably will be new shows. I might check out the hotels near the Ally Pally again, just incase.
Might even be Brixton if we're lucky, they have Field Day tickets to sell in London so shouldnt be too big
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Seen this vid as well. You think these are sounds from XDust12 or just "something" for the video (maybe cat programmed)?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 20, 2022, 17:46
You think these are sounds from XDust12 or just "something" for the video (maybe cat programmed)?
Seems like it could be a transition between two tracks or just the end to one of them.  Then again, I'm not sure of the likelihood of them posting an unheard part of one of the upcoming songs.  Seems relatively simple though, so I could also see them just preparing it for the obligatory Yam post. 

Also, I know XDUST12 refers to the new album, but can someone explain how it got that name?  It's their tenth studio album, so where is the 12 part coming from?  And what's the XDUST? 

Either way, seeing this got me super hyped.  I know they're in the studio, but still, any acknowledgement of it is awesome. 
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Quote from: ; on Apr 21, 2022, 03:18

Also, I know XDUST12 refers to the new album, but can someone explain how it got that name?  It's their tenth studio album, so where is the 12 part coming from?  And what's the XDUST? 

Catalog numbers for their albums have always been XDUST[CD/LP]#, coinciding with their release on Virgin's Chemical-only sub label, 'Freestyle Dust'. The releases include compilations like Singles 93-03, Brotherhood, etc., hence them being up to 12 already!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 21, 2022, 05:44
Catalog numbers for their albums have always been XDUST[CD/LP]#, coinciding with their release on Virgin's Chemical-only sub label, 'Freestyle Dust'. The releases include compilations like Singles 93-03, Brotherhood, etc., hence them being up to 12 already!
Oh, that makes sense, thanks for explaining!
GOODBYE, AND THANKS TO ALL OF YOU

Tom shared a few tunes from TDTYF way before it was released, so it's not impossible that this is part of a new song. Could be anything though, there's absolutely no way to tell.

hello I have a question regarding the b sides vol 1 ay cd or vinyl of this album or in fact they never released a cd or vinyl version and if so where can I get it?

Yes,sadly this is a digital only release
no idea, no idea

When I was a teenager I used to listen to Dave Fanning for my indie/alternative music fix after my homework on a school night. Haven't lstened to him for a long time, but nonetheless I apologise for Mr Fanning's mispronunciation of Ed's surname.

On 14 mins, Fanning: "Did Star Guitar start with an acoustic guitar...thinking of Starman by David Bowie?"
Ed: "heh...it started with...yeah there is a guitar part in it..."

https://twitter.com/davefanning/status/1523273945469779969

RTE

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Extensive vinyl collection at RAR (don't think we've seen that before):

Wish we could read what those sticky note labels say.

Looks like some Chems in the top center-ish too. Copies of BITE, CWU and NG? Wonder what other goodies are mixed in with those...

Under the Influence in full blow, with a new synth part over it. From a new track?

Anyway, my hawk eyes spotted "No Reason" on the duct tape on the Roland TB-3. Probably a new track !

EDIT: So it's that "woo" track
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2022, 21:33 by Ben_j

Also on twitter for anyone who doesn't do FB (does anyone not do FB?)

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1534630850326843392

and insta

*EDIT* Ben_J, you can hear the Woo track in that rehearsal clip? The last ten or 15 secs do sound a bit funny but I'm struggling to ID the Woo track in there. Are there any particular audio markers?
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2022, 21:47 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

This video makes me super hyped for the upcoming shows!
There was another video on Instagram two days ago where the base for Go could be heard (but just the base), but sadly I didn't grab the video in time.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 08, 2022, 21:30

*EDIT* Ben_J, you can hear the Woo track in that rehearsal clip? The last ten or 15 secs do sound a bit funny but I'm struggling to ID the Woo track in there. Are there any particular audio markers?
I think the word "reason" can be heard in the distorted audio sample during the song? Not in the rehersal clip, but the recording from their DJ set.

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 08, 2022, 22:05

There was another video on Instagram two days ago where the base for Go could be heard (but just the base), but sadly I didn't grab the video in time.
Funny you should say that. I PM'd one of our German speaking forumites here and said: Is that Go-related? He captured the audio and whacked it on Sendspace for me.

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 08, 2022, 22:05

I think the word "reason" can be heard in the distorted audio sample during the song? Not in the rehersal clip, but the recording from their DJ set.
Ah, I hear it now. "No reason at all" sung multiple times in an almost backmasked style. Well spotted by you and Ben_J, especially as English isn't your (plural) first language.
Last Edit: Jun 09, 2022, 09:07 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!