Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

Glastonbury 2019

Started by ThePumisher, Oct 12, 2018, 10:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh cool, seems like they re-introduced the vibrato synth in the GTKO-HBHG segue! Can't wait for an replay option.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: neorev on Jun 30, 2019, 08:26

picture

during what song did they project this? or did they even play the voodoo people remix?
no idea, no idea

The vod is up. There are two versions on the iPlayer, the BBC 4 broadcast and the stage live stream which has the full tomorrow never knows intro
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Chemical Brothers have a new way to ensure a successful Glastonbury set
Founding member Ed Simons watched the dance act from the audience during his hiatus from touring and Tom Rowlands believes his gap year has helped them to be better than ever.
The Chemical Brothers headlined the Other Stage in 2015 but Tom was joined by video designer Adam Smith as Ed was taking time off to write his dissertation for his master's degree.
Tom told the Daily Star newspaper: "Annoyingly now he often interjects with, 'Well as I'm the only person who's seen The Chemical Brothers live, I can tell you that doesn't work.' [...]"
https://www.list.co.uk/article/109405-chemical-brothers-secret-to-glastonbury-success/?fbclid=IwAR1Q_WthxLInQ6zB8Vl7Irf6nLyKDLy8olu10huzMo9jIBRB_JJdY1aneiw
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

If anyone can download that and send a link to a video file, I could up-res it on my end to a higher quality and post a new file.  It would take about a day though to convert.  Or, we can wait for a higher res version to appear on DIME or something.  Either way.

I'm ripping iPlayer at the moment

The other stage iPlayer stream seems to be in 720p

Just ripping the BBC 4 footage to see if it's in 1080p

Awesome! Keep us posted, Sneaks!

Looks like 720p is the best I can see, unless anyone else with better technical knowledge knows better?

Wow , wow , wow . . just watched the full Glastonbury 2019 Chems show on bbc iplayer , on big screen tv with sound via headphones - volume loud , room darkened , . . awesome fantastic set , completely full-on and exciting. So many incredible moments , songs tweeked and re-formulated to make them sound better than ever , can't wait to see them later in the year.
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2019, 13:46 by Fine Time
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Waiting for the rip. That final breakdown of Galvanize with all the acid synths is always one of the best moments live. It's very nicely recorded (as usual at Glasto). At 2:50 and 3:00 the camera shake made me feel the bass. Still thinking between London, Livorno or Franfkurt...
And I love Ed's new moves on stage. Looks like he's enjoying it much more than previous years.
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2019, 13:33 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I just love that Lars Ulrich knows what's up!!

Quote from: kosek on Jun 30, 2019, 13:23

It's very nicely recorded (as usual at Glasto).

Really ?? The kick sounds awfull and you can't barely hear the bass in most songs.  :'(

Quote from: Bouh on Jun 30, 2019, 14:41
Really ?? The kick sounds awfull and you can't barely hear the bass in most songs. 

I actually meant the video and camera work. Yeah, sound could be better. But I'm too hyped not to love it anyway. And because I saw it already a couple of times live - I can "feel" it. Probably my imagination working :)
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2019, 15:03 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on Jun 30, 2019, 14:58
Yeah, sound could be better.
Like in that HBHG video from the BBC YouTube: You think "oh nice, I just turn volume a bit up" and then all of a sudden the intro-synth kicks in with at least 11
no idea, no idea

I'm reading so many comments that are absolutely glowing (even from people who were not there and watched live on the BBC from their living rooms) about this set. And also there's stuff like this article.

So, so proud of the Chemical Brothers. They are treasures. ❤️

https://www.nme.com/reviews/live/the-chemical-brothers-glastonbury-review
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Has anybody got a setlist? Currently touring Europe in the camper and can't access anything at the moment.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 29, 2019, 21:23

The fucking Glastonbury flags. Every. Fucking. Year. I will never understand
Stop this sort of thing now! How dare they?!
https://twitter.com/jamochandler4/status/1145237381458669568
(yes I got this from Ed's twitter)

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jun 30, 2019, 16:21

I'm reading so many comments that are absolutely glowing (even from people who were not there and watched live on the BBC from their living rooms) about this set.
I know twitter trends can vary depending on where you are in the world, but where I am, "The Chemical Brothers" was the second highest trending term at about 11 last night.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

That face
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound