If You Ever Change Your Mind About Leaving It All Behind..

Requests, Bug Reports, How-To's, etc.

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 03, 2015, 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic
It's been there since configuration. It might cause problems if a user starts a topic by mistake and wants to delete it, but I will edit those permissions.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 29, 2016, 03:48
Is that screenshot from 'funny shit'?
It's from now playing, but I started that too.
no idea, no idea

Everytime i'm in the "post reply"-window and click the 'insert hyperlink'-button my browser freezes/crashes and i can only force shutdown it

Firefox 45 (happened in previous versions too), OSX 10.6.8

Not happening with the same browser under Windows 10 or with Edge under Win10
no idea, no idea

That may have to do with the forum opening up a dialog window for inserting hyperlinks. You might have something that blocks those dialog boxes from opening that the forum code doesn't like/doesn't realize. When a dialog box is open, you can't interact with anything on the page, but if you can't see the dialog box it might look like the page is frozen. You may have seen spam sites use them to open up a dialog box before you "go back", and forcing you to hit OK or something before being able to leave. I'll poke around and see if I can fix that on my side.

For the record, it's a to-do to go through the forum code and remove/replace most instances of dialog boxes. They're useful but a bit of a nuisance.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 11, 2016, 18:30

(...) the forum opening up a dialog window (...) but if you can't see the dialog box it might look like the page is frozen.
The dialog box opens - then the freeze/crash
no idea, no idea

Oh yeah!! This is the forum I always wanted! It's sooo hawt!! In fact, it's Way too hawt!!!!111!!!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Hey brothers!

I am a Marketing Master student from Italy and am about to finish my studies.

I have been following the chemical brothers for long and literally fell in love with the new album.
My question is: is there a way to become part of the supporting team for live concerts?
I would love to help someway :)

Cheers

Pit

Back on the previous incarnation of the forum, using Firefox meant I couldn't play embedded Soundclouds, although I could click on the link to take me to the Soundcloud page.
That problem disappeared with the new forum, which was great. But in the past week I've realised that all the soundcloud embeds are unplayable for me. They look as though the Soundcloud has expired/disappeared. But they work ok on Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.

I've had a look at settings but can't see anything obvious. Anyone else suffer from this?
And...no I haven't changed anything recently.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It may be due to Soundcloud continuing to use Flash in certain situations, as web browsers continue phasing it out through the year, playing Soundcloud can sometimes lead to nothing working due to Flash no longer being supported.

Why is the forum down so often and long?
Hope they won't remove the link from the main page to our forum
no idea, no idea

Forum time lives in it's own time zone and that zone is wandering through the universe...
no idea, no idea

It's chemical and russian magic, be patient, fixing this.
Hi Kevin!

A couple of times now, I have posted something, gone back out to the main forum page and been told there is an unread post in The Social. But the unread post is my post...
Thoughts?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I've had this to me too. Good to know it isn't just me.

Nothing has changed on the forum backend so it may be a browser update. We'll look into it when we get a chance!

Have this also quiet some time.

For Browserquestions:
Desktop: Edge (windows) & Firefox 48.0.2 (osx)
Tablet: Opera 41 (40 until yesterday) & Edge
Mobile: IE Mobile 11
no idea, no idea

Hmmm, i'm too have this issue, but only last two or three days.
I don't even know where to start find out.
Hi Kevin!

If I go back into the post, it seems to fix itself.

Could it be something to do with the destination of clicking 'post' and it not counting towards the view count somehow?

The weird thing is that it's not every time, or the same topic each time.

EDIT: Just happened again and was NOT fixed by me going back into the topic... veeeery perculiar.
Last Edit: Oct 28, 2016, 22:59 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

we should rename the born in the echoes subforum into somwthing different, it should be more clear that it's not only about bite but about all of their music. suggestions: "the music", "music", "music:response", "chemical beats", "rowlands/simons audio research", "diamond records", "dust-up beats" or something else...
no idea, no idea

^Oh really? I thought it was specifically for BITE related stuff. Maybe I've been forum-ing wrong.
(EDIT: you could call the subforum, Another One BITE's the Planet Dust :) )

In other news, am I the only one who gets a red X from McAfee when I search the Chembase? It also shows when I'm on the forum  - with a little red M on the top RHS of my browser. This is nothing new for me, I just haven't mentioned it before.

and here's the site report from McAfee:

Last Edit: Mar 03, 2017, 19:35 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 03, 2017, 07:18

we should rename the born in the echoes subforum into somwthing different, it should be more clear that it's not only about bite but about all of their music. suggestions: "the music", "music", "music:response", "chemical beats", "rowlands/simons audio research", "diamond records", "dust-up beats" or something else...
You posted off topic and are trying to get away with it I see.

This might be a good idea though.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Mar 03, 2017, 19:24

In other news, am I the only one who gets a red X from McAfee when I search the Chembase? It also shows when I'm on the forum  - with a little red M on the top RHS of my browser. This is nothing new for me, I just haven't mentioned it before.
That's kind of awesome.

The problem is that you're using McAfee, which according to John McAfee, "is one of the worst products on the f**king planet."

I can see what I can do to get us off that list, but I imagine there's no easy process of telling their database that our site is OK, and their detection software would probably require us to do really unnecessary changes to our site for them to be OK with it, and it's really not worth it.