Come With Us

Requests, Bug Reports, How-To's, etc.

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 03, 2015, 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Stefan's cool. Some of us old crusty mailing list people keep in touch. He's always maintained a willing ear when listening to new Chems stuff.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

The Come With Us version isn't working for me because I have... too new a version of flash? I need to see those backgrounds again.

EDIT: It was early in the morning and I wasn't trying very hard. I got it working now.

NOSTALGIA

I also tried to navigate to the pdf discography and ended up onthis fun thang.
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 09:16 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 23, 2015, 08:42

The Come With Us version isn't working for me because I have... too new a version of flash? I need to see those backgrounds again.

EDIT: It was early in the morning and I wasn't trying very hard. I got it working now.

NOSTALGIA

I also tried to navigate to the pdf discography and ended up onthis fun thang.

Oh that lovely bit of nostalgia!

And very timely, clever 404 error message! ;)

That's the one.  ;)

I didn't realize I was here near the start. I don't remember my old username, but I only posted a few times and became a long-time lurker. It seemed like all of you already had known each other for forever.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

PM question.

I sent out a few messages today and recently but they do not show up in my sent box. Is this functionality working, and if so, can someone contact me and let me know if my traffic is reaching it's targets? Thank you!

EDIT: The messages get out, they just don't show up in my sent items. Thanks for looking into it if possible. I'll also check profile settings to make sure I'm not a dummy.

EDIT 2: I AM the dummy. I found the option to save copies of sent messages. It's not set by default. DUH! (Thanks anyway)
Last Edit: Jul 26, 2015, 00:51 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 26, 2015, 00:37

PM question.

I sent out a few messages today and recently but they do not show up in my sent box. Is this functionality working, and if so, can someone contact me and let me know if my traffic is reaching it's targets? Thank you!

EDIT: The messages get out, they just don't show up in my sent items. Thanks for looking into it if possible. I'll also check profile settings to make sure I'm not a dummy.

EDIT 2: I AM the dummy. I found the option to save copies of sent messages. It's not set by default. DUH! (Thanks anyway)
No worries! :)

A chat would be awesome, waddya gals and guys think?
Maybe here, maybe on IRC.

Quote from: satur8 on Jul 26, 2015, 00:37

PM question.

I know, I ran into that too! I think we might be able to make that default.

Quote from: Mob1 on Jul 26, 2015, 01:19

A chat would be awesome, waddya gals and guys think?
Maybe here, maybe on IRC.

I looked for that when we were designing the forum but I couldn't find any plugins for chat that I didn't hate (or that worked). IRC would be cool!

Hey maybe I'll write my own chat page program.
Last Edit: Jul 26, 2015, 01:58 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

LET'S DO ONE

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO ONE, BUT LETS

FUCK YEAH!! going into mirc, '99 territory :D

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 26, 2015, 02:15

LET'S DO ONE

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO ONE, BUT LETS
mirc trolls didn't help.
does this work?

OK WN, you there?

join irc.irchighway.net
and then connect to #ChemBase

let me know ill be waiting

I set it up,
the server is irc.irchighway.net
and the chanell is #chembase
the password is edtom

Can anyone else join to see if it works properly?

Ha! Sorry mate, I passed out before you got it set up. Really tired last night.

It's pretty easy to set up a chat and embed it into a website, I have done it before. I just need to remember which irc client I used. I can look into it if you guys are interested? I would have all of the code hiding somewhere.

Quote from: Krisper on Jul 26, 2015, 22:38

It's pretty easy to set up a chat and embed it into a website, I have done it before. I just need to remember which irc client I used. I can look into it if you guys are interested? I would have all of the code hiding somewhere.
Cool, can u do it then?

Quote from: Mob1 on Jul 31, 2015, 01:20

Cool, can u do it then?
No problems, I'll set something up and then run it by the admins to make sure it's OK. Give me a couple of days.

You'll see a chat link in the menu now. It'll open in a new tab as you will leave the chat if you look elsewhere in the forums. It is a work in progress and may change but it should be functional for now.