Where Do I Begin?

2019 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by sneakerbeater, Nov 06, 2018, 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: nalaknip on Nov 27, 2018, 15:06

Got standing tickets for Glasgow this morning in the pre-sale. Hopefully will manage to get tickets for Leeds Arena on Friday as well. A year away mind. The wait will be torture.

Congrats! But yes, a year advanced purchase is a bit much.

Once the news broke about these new tour dates, all the attention went to the North American dates on the forum. Are all these arena UK fall dates a bit overkill?

Quote from: nalaknip on Nov 27, 2018, 15:06

Got standing tickets for Glasgow this morning in the pre-sale. Hopefully will manage to get tickets for Leeds Arena on Friday as well. A year away mind. The wait will be torture.

Congrats nalaknip! Sorry about the waiting game!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 20, 2018, 08:00

get there early.it will fill up fast. ditto on parking too (and its a bitch) but there are nearby parking structures though. seating is concrete, so bring a pillow if you plan to sit down, but you will probably be likely to stand and dance your ass off for this show. if your closer to the stage, you will definitely be standing (room) but will cost more (thats why you have the 39.50 to 124.50 price range.)

This isn't entirely accurate information.  So here's some more tips to help with your ticket search...

The Greek Theater doesn't have concrete seating.  It's your standard fold down seats through the entire bowl except for two or three rows of bench seats in the very very very back behind section C.  Compared to most amphitheaters, the pit is actually quite narrow. Leaning on the back rail of the pit at most you would have eight or so people between you and the stage. The front of section A can't really see over people standing in the pit but for a show like this everyone will be on their feet so it won't matter.  The inside edge of the side terrace seats can be pretty great. You can be closer than B section and they're usually significantly cheaper. Don't go far out on the terrace--you'll see the stage but the back will be obstructed.  They always release a handful of tickets at every level in the presale.

There's also VIP tables between sections A and B. Usually those seats are sold directly from the venue.

Parking can be annoying, but if you prepay you can get one of the lots that doesn't stack cars for significantly less than the drive up price. I usually go for lot B.  They also have some park and ride options if you prefer.  There are no parking structures at all, so not sure where that came from. There's a couple small paved lots and the rest is on grass. 
Last Edit: Nov 28, 2018, 01:36 by dancefreak

Quote from: dancefreak on Nov 28, 2018, 01:19

This isn't entirely accurate information.  So here's some more tips to help with your ticket search...

The Greek Theater doesn't have concrete seating.  It's your standard fold down seats through the entire bowl except for two or three rows of bench seats in the very very very back behind section C.  Compared to most amphitheaters, the pit is actually quite narrow. Leaning on the back rail of the pit at most you would have eight or so people between you and the stage. The front of section A can't really see over people standing in the pit but for a show like this everyone will be on their feet so it won't matter.  The inside edge of the side terrace seats can be pretty great. You can be closer than B section and they're usually significantly cheaper. Don't go far out on the terrace--you'll see the stage but the back will be obstructed.  They always release a handful of tickets at every level in the presale.

There's also VIP tables between sections A and B. Usually those seats are sold directly from the venue.

Parking can be annoying, but if you prepay you can get one of the lots that doesn't stack cars for significantly less than the drive up price. I usually go for lot B.  They also have some park and ride options if you prefer.  There are no parking structures at all, so not sure where that came from. There's a couple small paved lots and the rest is on grass.

My bad!  :o

I made the mistake of accidently pulling up the info for the seating from the other 'Greek' theater located in Berkeley Calif! Sorry for the confusion, especially to Enjoyed (I yield I yield)

TIL there are 2 Greek theaters in California!

Thank you dancefreak for the clarification! And for the extra tidbits for a better view! Will definitely look into those terrace seats if the pit area is not available. :)
Last Edit: Nov 28, 2018, 19:40 by inchemwetrust

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 21, 2018, 04:36

Yikes. I don't want to be stuck at the back somewhere. Nor do I want to sit for a Chems show. Is there enough room in front of the seats?

Indeed! I may well be going without the missus so I'd rather not end up alone and in a crappy spot at the back. Where do y'all think you might be trying to sit/be?

To be honest, not sure where I plan to be at the Greek. The pit is not likely for me (would rather try my luck getting closer in a general admission setting) but I also don't want to be too far back or way off to either side, either. I can't believe the date to get tickets for these shows is nearly upon us!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Nov 29, 2018, 05:26

but I also don't want to be too far back or way off to either side, either. I can't believe the date to get tickets for these shows is nearly upon us!

I always have this little feeling of nervousness when you get to the checkout screen for your tickets online. Reminds of that Hollywood Bowl show where I didn't have luck on tickets on the pre-sale but got better seating when tickets came available again. So far I've had some luck with tickets to shows, but come to think of it, I might pull the trigger early for the first available ticket that's available to me for the Greek show because I just wanna secure a spot at this venue. I too Whirls want a good seat but I don't want to be offered tickets that I feel wouldn't be a good view to me, but at the same time, If I get the ticket now, will better tickets be available later? Like Dancefreak said, they always release a handful of tickets at every level in the presale, so hopefully you'll get the perfect ticket for you and your husband.

At least this isn't Coachella right? We all got 3 shots to see the Chems instead of going to a festival, but the Greek might give some challenge.

When do these go on sale again? Also is there a central show we're all aiming for?

I don't think it's gonna be financially worth it to go for pit spots at all at Greek but I'm thinking Shrine Expo is worth lining up to get a great GA position for that, and I'm planning to at least attend two (whether that's both LA shows, an SF and LA, or all 3).

I liked how last year I got to see one show up close (Sonar) and one further back (North Coast), first for the intense experience, and one to take in the lightshow as a whole. So for LA alone I'm thinking Shrine Expo is the up-close gig and Greek Theater is the take-it-all-in gig.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Nov 29, 2018, 18:40

When do these go on sale again?
Pre-sales start December 4 at 10 AM for all American shows. For Bill Graham Civic Center pre-sales start December 4 and last til December 6.

Expo Hall

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium

Greek Theatre

Price ranges for Greek Theatre are ridiculous by the way. More than $120 is shameless. Is this a small venue?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I just remembered I've vicariously been to a spoof version of the Shrine Expo in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and went clubbing to the likes of Kool and The Gang's 'Hollywood Swinging'.

Quote from: Bosco on Nov 29, 2018, 19:11

I just remembered I've vicariously been to a spoof version of the Shrine Expo in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and went clubbing to the likes of Kool and The Gang's 'Hollywood Swinging'.
so thats where I recognize it from  :))
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Also is there a central show we're all aiming for?

I assumed San Francisco show based on being on a Friday, and it being GA.

I liked how last year I got to see one show up close (Sonar) and one further back (North Coast), first for the intense experience, and one to take in the lightshow as a whole. So for LA alone I'm thinking Shrine Expo is the up-close gig and Greek Theater is the take-it-all-in gig.

I like this idea a lot. Especially as it would both save money at The Greek and, arguably, be the more impressive venue to really appreciate in full. Would B be far enough back / reasonably priced enough?

As for Shrine. There's no price range, so is it just a case of getting in early for better seats? Rather than paying for it? I forget if anyone gave any details about the venue but is it a similar deal to The Greek, with seated areas that will be mostly abandoned in order to dance?

Am I right in thinking we still don't have any more information on the pre-sale? Are we expecting those details to arrive in the emails? It's really not that far away!

QUESTIONS, and subsequent apologies for so many of them.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Judging based of aerial views of The Greek, and my experience at other seated amphitheater venues. I would try and attempt for the back section of section A. The pedestrian walkway/VIP section that separates A from B, can be a distraction for your field of view and take away from immersion. The remedy for this is sitting further back in section B, but then you're running a risk of reserving yourself close to a very distracted part of crowd.

That being said, I have no clue what price these seats are. But I figured, I would share my 2 cents.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 29, 2018, 19:33

As for Shrine. There's no price range, so is it just a case of getting in early for better seats? Rather than paying for it? I forget if anyone gave any details about the venue but is it a similar deal to The Greek, with seated areas that will be mostly abandoned in order to dance?

$59.50
https://www.axs.com/events/365566/the-chemical-brothers-tickets?skin=shrineauditorium

all standing room! been there many times (my last show there was Portishead)

For me personally, it looks like a small venue from a distance but don't let the size fool you.It can fit alot of people and still have enough space to move about and pick your spot. Same for the balcony! Its reminds me of a very long reception room where you have a wedding (at least thats my impression)

I've had some good encounters with people I bumped into,so its pretty much a friendly crowd at the most.

So will there actually be a US album+presale thing or was that all a tease..?
Eight or over.

^Hoping that we'll hear something about that tomorrow with UK arena shows going on sale.

there will be, they said it will come later

FYI Chemical People:

Pre-order the new album from The Chemical Brothers,'No Geography', via the official US store to get access to exclusive US and Mexico tour ticket pre-sale:

https://thechemicalbrothers.lnk.to/Store

:music

Quote from: It's The Lifestyle We're Living on Nov 30, 2018, 14:40

FYI Chemical People:

Pre-order the new album from The Chemical Brothers,'No Geography', via the official US store to get access to exclusive US and Mexico tour ticket pre-sale:

https://thechemicalbrothers.lnk.to/Store

:music

Thanks Errol!

The three LP is hefty! I wonder if it's numbered!

My question is will this be the only way to get an access code for the presale tickets or is there another to obtain an access code without the purchase?

Last Edit: Nov 30, 2018, 18:03 by inchemwetrust

3LP is nearly 2x the amount of Regular 2LP. That must be some high quality packaging...

Was Born in the Echoes 3LP the same amount as this? I got mine as a gift so I don't recall the pricing on it. I wanna say it was ~ 50 GBP. And the only incentive beyond 3 heavy weight vinyl, was hand numbered lithograph. 

Either way, feel like fans who purchase the "exclusive box set" should be incentivized a bit more.

I know we are moving away from physical releases, but being that the 3LP is basically supporting the lifespan of such a practice.  How about pairing it with a limited 7" single of the 1st single from the album (in this case 'Free Yourself'). I think collectors and fans would be pretty happy about that, let alone you'll probably move the product quicker.