Got Glint?

2019 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by sneakerbeater, Nov 06, 2018, 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Thats a great idea Bosco, I mean both vinyl releases are pricey for those who want the physical release. Adding some extra incentives to the pile would help justify the pricing.

a 7 inch FY? Bring it on!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Ended up doing 2 CDs + regular vinyl for 3 pre-sale access codes

One CD will be opened, the other left in its packaging forever
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I booked a week off work for the Chems California Bonanza! I never request time off that far in advance and my boss of 13 years asked if I had something fun planned. Oh yeah!  ;D

Anyway. The logistics of getting to San Francisco from LA will be interesting! A friend suggested South Cal-to-North Cal caravan, but we might just fly up instead.

As for LA, I'm really looking forward to the Shrine. More opportunity to enjoy the show together. Greek is more take-it-all-in, as suggested previously! :)

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Will one pre-order give pre sale access to multiple shows? Or do I also need to get three copies like Geoff?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I know we're all really anxious to secure tickets, but I think we all have some really thick rose colored glasses if we're thinking these shows sell out right away. My point is, I don't think pre-ordering the album to secure a pre-sale code is necessary. The exception would be to get an early look at what they are offering for the Greek Theatre which has assigned seating. But otherwise, this isn't a Black Friday mad rush like we all fear. Tickets will be plentiful. The ticket marketers' pre-sale, or the official on sale date should be more than sufficient to secure your tickets.

That being said, I understand peace of mind, and heck! we're going to buy the album anyway! I'll buy one of the excess CDs off y'all if you don't want it.
Last Edit: Dec 01, 2018, 20:10 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 01, 2018, 19:19

I know we're all really anxious to secure tickets, but I think we all have some really thick rose colored glasses if we're thinking these shows sell out right away. My point is, I don't think pre-ordering the album to secure a pre-sale code is necessary.

Exactly! I stated this on another thread as well. Im a bit ansy about the presale but if theres an actual code we can use without pre-ordering the album that would be cool. The chems are gonna take my money anyway later on.

God I thought I miss San Fran show  pre sale ( had  to move to Athens all of a sudden been away for a bit)

anyone going to the San Fran show? 

"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there."

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 01, 2018, 16:38

Will one pre-order give pre sale access to multiple shows? Or do I also need to get three copies like Geoff?

from website
PRE-ORDER CODE IS A SINGLE USE CODE AND CAN NOT BE USED FOR MORE THAN ONE SHOW.
https://shop.astralwerks.com/pages/no-georgraphy-tour-details

I think that's BS! i bet you can use the same code across all shows. but im curious! How would they find out. is each and every code different?

i just pre-ordered the CD and got an access code as well
Last Edit: Dec 02, 2018, 18:53 by inchemwetrust

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Dec 02, 2018, 18:41

from website
PRE-ORDER CODE IS A SINGLE USE CODE AND CAN NOT BE USED FOR MORE THAN ONE SHOW.
https://shop.astralwerks.com/pages/no-georgraphy-tour-details

I think that's BS! i bet you can use the same code across all shows. but im curious! How would they find out. is each and every code different?

i just pre-ordered the CD and got an access code as well
Why would it be bullshit ? It's easy to tie one code to a purchase once it has been done

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 03, 2018, 14:02

Why would it be bullshit ? It's easy to tie one code to a purchase once it has been done

I'll find out tomorrow!

But if that's the case, then I rather use the code for the Greek show because there's no overall GA at that venue.

I think I'll be ok for the Dec 7 dates for ordering.

Same. I'll use the code for the Greek and wait until Friday for the others.
But I'll try the code on the other places too, just to see...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Hello.

Please, let me know if there are plans for a concert by The Chemical Brothers in Poland? If so, by what date?

Quote from: peter m on Dec 05, 2018, 17:19

Hello.

Please, let me know if there are plans for a concert by The Chemical Brothers in Poland? If so, by what date?

No plans yet.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

First German show announced for July 2019: Deichbrand Festival in Cuxhaven, Lower Saxony.

https://www.deichbrand.de/line-up/artist/the-chemical-brothers

July 18th is a prelimenary placeholder date until the actual date is announced.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Oh, they've made an advent calendar on site with the announcements, sweet :)
Hi Kevin!

why a festival show? why?
no idea, no idea

Patience, I'd assume this is not the only one.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Do you guys think that this it for US dates in 2019?  Does anyone think they'll be back at some point in the summer?  My wish/thought is that they will be playing Panorama and Lollapalooza and maybe a few other dates after that show in July in Germany.  Fingers crossed for Lolla, especially since they have never played it before.  They need to come to Chicago!!!! Going to travel to see Shpongle at their final show at Red Rocks in May and would hate to have to sell those tix to travel to San Fran or LA since I was just there this summer.

I want to believe there will be more US dates. But I personally don't think it's wise to count on it. As an example, looking back to 2005 where the North American dates were very limited.

2005   April 27th - The  Premier, Seattle, WA, USA
2005   April 29th - Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center, Oakland, CA, USA {Opened for  New Order}
2005   April 30th - Coachella Festival 2005, Empire Polo Grounds, Indio, CA, USA
2005   May 3rd - Salón Mexica, WTC, Mexico City, Mexico
2005   May ????  - Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Los Angeles, CA, USA { Private(?) Event for Microsoft }
2005   September 16th - Ultra NY, Central Park, New York City, NY, USA

They played Seattle, Oakland, and Coachella, only later on announcing a return to NY later in September for Ultra New York (when that was still a thing). No Midwest date, no stand alone LA date and the Oakland show they played, was in support of New Order. Every tour from 2005 and on has been extremely modest. So yeah, I can't say I would count on anything else coming. It sucks, but it's not exactly new.

If they do make a return to Chicago, I really hope we are not reserved to another festival date. I mean I'll take it, but Lollapalooza is last on my list in terms of the festival choices they could play. I would be a great fan of Riot Fest trying them out, otherwise, just put them on the rink-a-dink stage for the umpteenth time at North Coast, and take my money already.

2019 mexico show SOLD OUT! Congrats to the Bros!