If You Ever Change Your Mind About Leaving It All Behind..

2019 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by sneakerbeater, Nov 06, 2018, 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Hot damn that was fast!
Never for money, always for love.

Imagine what the Canadians would do.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 07, 2018, 21:46

Imagine what the Canadians would do.

Y'all are going to get this every time Canada shows come up in the conversation...
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Dec 10, 2018, 16:49

Y'all are going to get this every time Canada shows come up in the conversation...

Seconded.

Portugal show announced for July 13, 2019: NOS Alive festival.
Last Edit: Dec 13, 2018, 13:48 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 07, 2018, 17:41

I want to believe there will be more US dates. But I personally don't think it's wise to count on it. As an example, looking back to 2005 where the North American dates were very limited.

They played Seattle, Oakland, and Coachella, only later on announcing a return to NY later in September for Ultra New York (when that was still a thing). No Midwest date, no stand alone LA date and the Oakland show they played, was in support of New Order. Every tour from 2005 and on has been extremely modest. So yeah, I can't say I would count on anything else coming. It sucks, but it's not exactly new.

If they do make a return to Chicago, I really hope we are not reserved to another festival date. I mean I'll take it, but Lollapalooza is last on my list in terms of the festival choices they could play. I would be a great fan of Riot Fest trying them out, otherwise, just put them on the rink-a-dink stage for the umpteenth time at North Coast, and take my money already.

I was pretty amazed they got Prodigy a few years ago, but they do have more of a aggressive vibe to them that is perfect for that fest.  But man, if Riot Fest did get them, that would be something.  I hear ya on Lolla and North Coast would be a nice easy in easy out thing.  Who knows, let's just hope they come through in some capacity.

— Aurora (The Seed)

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1083317786716311552

I believe this is in Spain. July 14th

Last Edit: Jan 11, 2019, 09:56 by Csar

What would the possibility of further stadium dates being announced? I'm currently going to Leeds but may book one of the others (probably Manchester due to proximity)

Quote from: surface_to_air on Jan 12, 2019, 13:00

What would the possibility of further stadium dates being announced? I'm currently going to Leeds but may book one of the others (probably Manchester due to proximity)

You mean UK arena shows?

If I were a betting man I would put money on them adding Glastonbury to their UK dates for 2019 but nothing else. Unless they decide to do another indoor London gig at the end of the year (but they just played Alexandra Palace x2 recently and will headline All Points East in May).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 12, 2019, 14:22

You mean UK arena shows?

If I were a betting man I would put money on them adding Glastonbury to their UK dates for 2019 but nothing else. Unless they decide to do another indoor London gig at the end of the year (but they just played Alexandra Palace x2 recently and will headline All Points East in May).

Thanks bro, I would go to a festival show (glasto, APE) but generally prefer arena shows.

I've pretty much narrowed down the second show to Manchester or Birmingham.

Cheers!

Glastonbury really is another beast though.

Easily the best Chems show I've been to (so far).

Not sure how likely one would be to secure a ticket at this point though. Has the resale happened already? Or is that an April thing?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 12, 2019, 21:27

Glastonbury really is another beast though.

Easily the best Chems show I've been to (so far).

Not sure how likely one would be to secure a ticket at this point though. Has the resale happened already? Or is that an April thing?

Really? Resale us in March so I might give it a go. My wife is already going. I've only seen the bros at 1 festival (they were cancelled at gatechasher summer sound 2008 due to bad weather) and it was at sw4 in 2016. Dobt get me wrong, the music was as good as ever. But they were the last and only act for the festival that night. It was super cramped and really unenjoyable. It really put me off seeing a favourite artist, that and the fact the sets are slightly short has me believe stadium tours are far better. I'm not knocking it festivals or anything - I just had a bad experience. I'm very much open to be persuaded that festival shows are just as special  :music

Glastonbury is always more a special thing for them. Longer sets, a seriously appreciative and energetic crowd. I remember being surrounded by people who we're having the time of their life. And I went by myself and still had the time of my life.

You know they're going to do an incredible job with the sound too, which I can't say has ever been the case for any of the park-in-the-middle-of-London festivals I've ever been to.

Best of luck with the tickets if you do try! And if it's your first time, hit me up for some recommendations of things to do! SE Corner at 2/3am is a magical thing.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

YASSSSSS, solo stadium show in Russia!
Hi Kevin!

Second Mexican date added. Another festival https://www.coronacapitalgdl.com . May 11th.

Fun little lineup. Not sure how Goo Goo Dolls fall in place, but, OKAY!

The Chems mentioned there might be an extra UK gig to be added in their recent Lauren Laverne interview. Then when she said "Glastonbury" they said, "maybe two". So they must have been thinking a possible Glastonbury and a possible...Creamfields.

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1088407185095360512

(look, no emojis! They...heard my request!)
IT'S MORNING TIME!