Dream How I Dream to Feel

2019 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by sneakerbeater, Nov 06, 2018, 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Belgian and all other Lokerse Feesten goers watch out for tommorrow's set times:

The Chems and Charlotte de Witte will be switching slots due to different travel schedules. Charlotte will be on at 10:30 PM and the The Chems will close the night starting 0:45 AM!

(kinda odd since I always thought Charlotte was meant to be the opneing act anyways).

https://www.lokersefeesten.be/en/modification-timings-9-august/

Have a great night everybody.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 08, 2019, 20:55

kinda odd since I always thought Charlotte was meant to be the opneing act anyway
She's still the opening act  ;)
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 08, 2019, 23:50

She's still the opening act  ;)
Yeah, but allegedly she was supposed to be the closing act. That's what I found odd.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

well she does put on a pretty killer show..good for going real late for sure
Eight or over.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0007ykd

Creamfields recording! Six-ish minute interview at 39:10 or so, set starts at 45:15 with FY and ends with GTKO at 1:22:10

There's no thread for todays gig in Sofia / Bulgaria (or i'm blind) and i don't wan't to open one for one question.

Ed has postet an Instagram Story from the rehearsals for this show (here's Ed's Insta => https://www.instagram.com/eddyboysimons , don't think it is possible to link stories directly) and i'm highly interested in what tune we hear in that clip. Must be some kind of seague, maybe from or to Galvanize, but there's also some vocals in there that seem to say "chemical brothers" or something

Should i listen to that Creamfields recording linked above again and i hear that short sequence?
Last Edit: Oct 10, 2019, 16:21 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Oct 10, 2019, 16:08

There's no thread for todays gig in Sofia / Bulgaria (or i'm blind) and i don't wan't to open one for one question.

Ed has postet an Instagram Story from the rehearsals for this show (here's Ed's Insta => https://www.instagram.com/eddyboysimons , don't think it is possible to link stories directly) and i'm highly interested in what tune we hear in that clip. Must be some kind of seague, maybe from or to Galvanize, but there's also some vocals in there that seem to say "chemical brothers" or something

The song heard in the story is Hoops

A little disappointed there haven't (apparently) been any new ideas developed during the month off showing up in the Bulgaria footage, but if they're keeping this tour going into next year then I imagine there's still plenty more runway for that sort of thing.
As I think I've mentioned before, the history bears out that Chems live shows are usually at their best when they have a reason to stay on the road and keep refining things, so this has me really excited - especially since I can say from personal experience that the No Geography show as-is has been one of their best pre-encore setlists ever. Plus, like with my previous example of them keeping the WATN tour going to promote Brotherhood, the function of the tour's probably going to shift towards the Surrender boxset at some point, with attendant nostalgic deep-cut additions a la "Nude Night" ("Let Forever Be" more than once ever, maybe?).

(But please, guys! "The Universe Sent Me"! I love "Escape Velocity" but it can give up its spot for awhile! Just put a different verse of "The Golden Path" on top if that's what you're concerned about!)
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

I stalk this forum in the shadows.

But I was really happy to see this from last night - EDIT SPOILERS IF PEOPLE WANT TO AVOID FUTURE CHEM SHOW SURPRISES

Last Edit: Oct 11, 2019, 12:16 by elcomplicado

Holy guacamole, is it just me or does that venue seem quite huge and jam-packed?

— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: kosek on Oct 10, 2019, 18:50

They've just added an April 2020 date. Maybe we're getting a 2020 tour too :)

https://www.entradasamarillas.com/event/festival-estereo-picnic-2020

I expect some march dates a well, but if april is the earliest, so be it. Dec 2019-Feb 2020 is vacation days! oh screw it! give them march too because like WN said, they've been grinding for a along time.

Quote from: Champiness on Oct 10, 2019, 23:18

A little disappointed there haven't (apparently) been any new ideas developed during the month off showing up in the Bulgaria footage, but if they're keeping this tour going into next year then I imagine there's still plenty more runway for that sort of thing.

I was anticipating for minor teaks thrown into the set. Tom's mind constantly toying with new ideas may come to the surface at anytime (perhaps new stuff on the UK dates)
Last Edit: Oct 11, 2019, 17:49 by Csar
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I mean if you want new stuff that link I posted is new stuff.... just throwing that out there

Elcomplicado, I like your synopsis of the concert. Judging by your good vibes and nerdy references, I think you'll find some common ground here on the forum. Tom and Ed certainly have a way of putting Glint in peoples eyes!

Quote from: elcomplicado on Oct 11, 2019, 18:16

I mean if you want new stuff that link I posted is new stuff.... just throwing that out there
It's not new they were playing it before

This absolute invariance of the show makes me remember how The Prodigy did shows for a several years in a row. It adds fuel to the fire knowing that Tom & Ed have just announced some shows for 2020
Hi Kevin!

I basically haven't seen the brothers at their own gig (non festival) since London Olympia.

Got tickets to Manchester and was wondering what people's thoughts are on if we will get a proper 2 hour set with encores etc?

Really dont want them to finish on BRB like at all this years festivals. Surely we get Sunshine underground or TPPR?

Quote from: Neilingle on Oct 15, 2019, 18:07

I basically haven't seen the brothers at their own gig (non festival) since London Olympia.

Got tickets to Manchester and was wondering what people's thoughts are on if we will get a proper 2 hour set with encores etc?

Really dont want them to finish on BRB like at all this years festivals. Surely we get Sunshine underground or TPPR?
They will definitely play an encore, they always do at arena shows

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 16, 2019, 15:17

They will definitely play an encore, they always do at arena shows

(Unless your arena happens to be in a neighborhood so posh that the whole thing used to be a tennis court, just fyi)
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Favourite encores:
6. Her Jazz
5. Nude Night
4. Buzz Tracks
3. Let Me In Mate
2. Dope Coil
1. K.D.B.
no idea, no idea