Don't Think Just Let It Flow

2019 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by sneakerbeater, Nov 06, 2018, 07:50

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes! Ha, I did see that yesterday Sneaker, thanks  :). But, it may still be a stretch too far unfortunately. I'm trying to recall previous UK tours, have they always sold out? If so, have they ever added any more dates as a result? I mean, I am sure there would be a demand for it.
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Quote from: Ben_j on Nov 16, 2019, 00:45

I'm just back from the Paris gig, and it was a blast ! One of my favourite Chems show. The best thing was I HAD SOME ROOM TO MOVE. The complete opposite of All Points East where I was crushed during the whole show.
The spoiler posts above give out the new stuff, but here are my impressions:
Spoiler
The MAH => EML transition with Bango is awesome ! Thankfully I had not seen it so it was a surprise for me. Fun new visuals too, and the "Bango Bango Bango" vocal on the intro of EML is a great match.

I'm glad UTI is back instead of EBW6. The synth on EBW was not great and UTI just works better.

The new visuals for Got Glint are awesome, they remind me of the old EBW7 visuals with the vortex. I wish they'd add colors to the lines and lights at some point, it would make this even more perfect and psychedelic. And the mix with Catch me I'm falling at the end, wow! Cool new visuals for Catch me as well.

I really wish they'd ditch Wide Open and never bring it back ever, it feels like such a wasted spot, where they could play The Universe Sent Me or maybe something from Surrender, to celebrate the 20th anniversary... Oh well

Finally, they added a synth and beat at the beginning of TPPR but I'm not sure it works... There's nothing like the vanilla version!

I have some videos coming, but sorry in advance for the sound quality. I tried out my new phone (Pixel 4) instead of the Lumia and the verdict is the Pixel 4 microphones are shit.

Hey Ben! Good to hear you had a better show there. I know you've been critical in that last show  due to the crappy crowd and amongst other things, but hopefully this one made a huge difference for you. I really hope they pull some 'Surrenderish 20th anniversary' tracks at the next shows. It would be just fitting and some great closure for this tour.

Oh and glad The Chems brought back the original UTI with the robots! I guess that means that the robots are now back to hanging out for more than one minute unlike the shows I went to this year.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 19, 2019, 10:15
I really hope they pull some 'Surrenderish 20th anniversary' tracks at the next shows. It would be just fitting and some great closure for this tour.

They brought back Under The Influence and Got Glint, so there's that, but I wish they'd play The Sunshine Underground instead of Escape Velocity, it would be 4 Surrender tracks, which would start to feel more like an anniversary. And why not squeeze Music Response in at the end too ? They did play some loops of it briefly a few years ago, so why not ?

I'm ready for some Power Move
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 19, 2019, 10:48
I'm ready for some Power Move
How about Flashback (like in Woodstock 99)? :)
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Ben_j on Nov 19, 2019, 10:43

but I wish they'd play The Sunshine Underground instead of Escape Velocity,

I couldn't agree more Inchem,The Sunshine Underground remains one of my top faves, and whilst Escape Velocity is always going to be worthy in any set, I would happily see it replaced by TSU!

I'd be excited to have some new visuals for TSU also, I quite liked the old skool Woodstock visuals when they played it live.
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Does anybody know if this is available anywhere as a poster?

*Edit: If not, there's a high-res, I may just have it printed somewhere.

Right so

That's the best thing I've ever seen
Never for money, always for love.

At Ally Pally last year, the gig poster was sold at the merch stand. Maybe they'll do the same at the O2.

It's the best gig poster since Stg. Peppers Zombie Hearts Club Band
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2019, 07:51 by Stefan

Are those Hebraic letters?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It's stylized katakana Japanese (Japanese has 3 subsets of letters, katakana is often used for foreign words like such).
It says "フリー・ユアセルフ" -> Furi Yuaserufu -> Free Yourself.

why does everybody in the past 5 days always start midway through Bango and immediately stop recording just as EML Ritual's beat is about drop
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Wide Open live at the Eden Project

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Nice one!

Still holding my emotions inside of me since i got saw this live 1,5 years ago, but it was huge.
Hi Kevin!